Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung headlines UFC on FX 3 in Virginia

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung headlines UFC on FX 3 in Virginia
lohmann
2/10/12 3:28:14PM
A key featherweight matchup with real title implications is set for May 15, as Dustin Poirier (12-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) meets Chan Sung Jung (12-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in the headlining bout of UFC on FX 3.

UFC officials today announced the three-round matchup, which takes place after the two fighters verbally jabbed at each other on Twitter.

As previously reported, UFC on FX 3 takes play May 15 at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. The event's main card airs live on FX, and FUEL TV is expected to air the preliminary card.

source
lohmann
2/10/12 3:34:22PM
DustinPoirier
.@KoreanZombieMMA Trust me you don't want this... I will expose you.

Should be fun. Poirier's probably right, but I'll have my Zombie colors on anyway.
airkerma
2/10/12 3:35:43PM
Poirier
hotrodttt
2/10/12 3:45:58PM
Poirier is gonna maul him, it probably goes to decision but It'll probably be one sided.
Budgellism
2/10/12 3:51:58PM
I wanted this fight, awesome!

Poirier wins but Jung shouldn't be counted out. He was counted out in the Hominick fight and we all saw what happened there
pmoney
2/10/12 4:08:48PM
Sweet matchup! Big fan of both fighters. No matter who wins, this is going to be a sick fight. Definitely an awesome choice for an FX card headliner

Can KZ prove the Hominick massacre was not a fluke? Will Dustin Poirier continue his win streak on Jung's behalf?

Budgellism
2/10/12 4:31:08PM

Posted by pmoney

Sweet matchup! Big fan of both fighters. No matter who wins, this is going to be a sick fight. Definitely an awesome choice for an FX card headliner

Can KZ prove the Hominick massacre was not a fluke? Will Dustin Poirier continue his win streak on Jung's behalf?

No doubt! One thing is for sure. The winner should be in line for a title shot. And I'm pumped to see either guy fight Aldo.
DrivenDavies15
2/10/12 4:58:54PM
Sick fight, kinda surprised it's main event but im not complaining WAR POIRIER
Theoutlaw08
2/10/12 5:00:49PM

Posted by Budgellism

Poirier wins but Jung shouldn't be counted out. He was counted out in the Hominick fight and we all saw what happened there

I wanted this fight too, glad its going to happen. Fingers crossed for no injuries.....
prophecy033
2/10/12 6:01:57PM
Super Stoked for this fight. Going with Poirier but will be rooting for a knockdown, dragout war. Definetly gonna be a fun fight to watch
Sir_Karl
2/10/12 6:46:32PM
This might be a good fight...but it shouldn't be a headliner. I hate to see the rest of the card.
Bloodhound
2/10/12 6:58:05PM
winner should get the next title shot at 145
Lesnar1
2/10/12 7:46:34PM
KOREAN ZOMBIE!!
tmas
2/10/12 8:47:49PM
awesome awesome fight.....ill take that zombie guy.
Bubbles
2/10/12 11:35:44PM

Posted by Budgellism

Hominick was stupid and left his chin exposed after a wild left hook. had he been smart, Hominick had that fight easily

Poirier wins this easily
tcunningham
2/10/12 11:46:42PM
im not interested in watching jung fight for a title, there would be no guess work in it for me. i like this match up though.
prozacnation1978
2/11/12 1:51:12AM
Should be a title shot match
RhythmAndStyle
2/11/12 2:04:49AM
koreanZOMBIEEEE!!!! FTMFW!..Poirier tends to get lazy or passive, w/e, and slows down..he's gona look to stand with KZ, but he'll be in trouble by the time he realize that standin with KZ was a mistake..i'll even avatar bet this mAN!
cowcatcher
2/11/12 10:44:30AM

Posted by Bubbles

Hominick was stupid and left his chin exposed after a wild left hook. had he been smart, Hominick had that fight easily

Poirier wins this easily

He got KO'd in seconds Bubbs. You're being a good Canadian, but there's no way to say he would have won when he got blasted before either guy had 1 drop of sweat form. Does the same go for Goulet/Ludwig?
teddythetuna
2/11/12 9:41:19PM
Both guys will bring it for sure. I give the edge to Poirier in this one but i wouldnt be surprised if KZ walked away with a victory.
Pookie
2/12/12 4:28:15PM
Poirier is used to having a huge reach advantage but in this fight his limbs aren't as long, and in his last fight he showed that when people can strike on the outside with him he tends to fall back onto grappling. I'm leaning Zombie.
Cooler
2/12/12 4:37:43PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Poirier is gonna maul him, it probably goes to decision but It'll probably be one sided.

Didnt people say the same thing going into the Hominick fight...
Cooler
2/12/12 4:39:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Hominick was stupid and had his chin exposed again

Fixed
NaturalBornKiller92
2/13/12 11:10:41AM
I've heard conflicting reports of whether this will headline Fuel TV 3 or FX 3

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-on-Fuel-TV-3-Poirier-vs-Jung-20203

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_12472.shtml