What is the dumbest thing goldberg has said?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What is the dumbest thing goldberg has said?
POLL: Do you like Mike Goldberg?
Yes 35% (15)
No 9% (4)
Slightly 16% (7)
His voice makes my ears bleed 12% (5)
I love him and wish he did the commentary alone 5% (2)
Breasts 23% (10)
Cobbs666
3/1/07 2:40:38PM
what is the dumbest thing goldberg has said during a ufc event, i would have to say any time he kisses rogans ass and tell hims how much he learns from him.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/1/07 3:23:46PM
Mike Goldberg is a great commentator...he's stupidity only makes it that much more knowledgable......in other words,Mike Goldberg asks the questions a noob to the sport would ask so it really helps new MMA fans learn more about the sport.....if there was noone there to ask questions we would learn nothing new

the dumbest(funniest) thing i have heard him say or at least remember saying was the past you UFC 67 when lutter was about to fight Silva....it went something like this...

JR:there is a big difference between an average BJJ black belt and a Travis Lutter.Travis Lutter is a world class black belt BJJ champion

MG:i Joe Silva said to me yesturday...alot of guys are professional basketball players,but very few are Micheal Jordans....Micheal Jordan in his grappling skills is Travis Lutter..

JR...No...No he's not that good..Marcelo Garcia is more like Micheal Jordan

MG: Kobe Bryant then maybe?

JR: No...He's not that good either

MG: Tim Duncan?

JR: No. i dont know anymore Basketball players

MG,JR,RC.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!..

...lol..i was laughing hard with that...Mike Goldberg is a good guy and good for the sport..he is learning

he is stupid..but in a funny kind of way

EEKS
3/1/07 3:50:36PM
One word HOLLA!!!!!
Cobbs666
3/1/07 4:19:21PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Mike Goldberg is a great commentator...he's stupidity only makes it that much more knowledgable......in other words,Mike Goldberg asks the questions a noob to the sport would ask so it really helps new MMA fans learn more about the sport.....if there was noone there to ask questions we would learn nothing new

the dumbest(funniest) thing i have heard him say or at least remember saying was the past you UFC 67 when lutter was about to fight Silva....it went something like this...

JR:there is a big difference between an average BJJ black belt and a Travis Lutter.Travis Lutter is a world class black belt BJJ champion

MG:i Joe Silva said to me yesturday...alot of guys are professional basketball players,but very few are Micheal Jordans....Micheal Jordan in his grappling skills is Travis Lutter..

JR...No...No he's not that good..Marcelo Garcia is more like Micheal Jordan

MG: Kobe Bryant then maybe?

JR: No...He's not that good either

MG: Tim Duncan?

JR: No. i dont know anymore Basketball players

MG,JR,RC.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!..

...lol..i was laughing hard with that...Mike Goldberg is a good guy and good for the sport..he is learning

he is stupid..but in a funny kind of way

haha ya that one was hilarious
Cobbs666
3/1/07 4:50:18PM
another good one was at pride 33 when stitch was cleaning up diaz's face before the interview trigg said "pride has the best doctors in the game" even though it's the same as ufc, guess it's not a goldberg but i hate trigg even more

never said goldberg was stupid either, just think he says some dumb sh*t sometimes
Stickan
3/1/07 5:37:48PM
Breasts all the way..

I like Goldberg but I don't like his assignment. I don't like that he has to rabble the commercials during the fights even sometimes interupting Rogan.

He seems enthusiastic about the sport though and continues to get better and more knowledgable after each event. I think UFC should keep him for a long time.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/1/07 6:03:11PM
Mike Goldberg declined a 3 year contract to commentate for WWE that would of made him a Millionaire to be with the UFC

Commentator Mike Goldberg Chooses UFC Over WWE
fedorwins1
3/1/07 7:14:07PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Mike Goldberg declined a 3 year contract to commentate for WWE that would of made him a Millionaire to be with the UFC

Commentator Mike Goldberg Chooses UFC Over WWE

That's awesome I just gained alot more respect for Goldy, but I would have to say the dumbest thing he says is "So you want to be an Ultimate Fighter?" x 10000 a fight.
haggiswashere
10/7/08 10:26:43AM
I hate how when he does ufc unleashed he redoes his opening comments so they aren't the same as when he did it the first time so he sounds more knowlegable. i hate him alot. watch a fight live or on dvd and then watch it on that and you will see.
pv3Hpv3p
10/7/08 10:56:29AM
wasn't there one when he was talking about either Machida or Silva and said something along the lines about how his elusive striking was just so.... well elusive?
The_Italian_Stallion
10/7/08 3:06:07PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

wasn't there one when he was talking about either Machida or Silva and said something along the lines about how his elusive striking was just so.... well elusive?

it was Anderson Silva and he said something like His precision... it's just so precise! lol

Thats a good one!

Goldburg is a moron. He AND Joe need to be repleaced by fighters or ex fighters or coaches or trainers or anyone who does more than watch fights. They need guys who are more active in the sport and can know the insides and outs!
Naturaldisaster
10/7/08 3:13:20PM
best thing goldberg ever said was during the matt wiman vs spencer fisher fight. wiman shook his head at fisher then got KO'd with a flying knee.
Mike Goldberg "he shakes his head no, and Spencer fisher says YES MY SON!!!" I still laugh my ass off everytime i hear that
Naturaldisaster
10/7/08 3:16:02PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

it was Anderson Silva and he said something like His precision... it's just so precise! lol

Thats a good one!

Goldburg is a moron. He AND Joe need to be repleaced by fighters or ex fighters or coaches or trainers or anyone who does more than watch fights. They need guys who are more active in the sport and can know the insides and outs!

Joe rogan is very smart when it comes to MMA. It wouldnt be the same without Goldy and Rogan.
dannyfrank
10/7/08 3:34:20PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Thats a good one!

screw that. rogan is a good commentator and goldberg allows for some comedic relief if someone has a bad night of picks. i hope they stay fo'eva!
Boo_Radley21
10/7/08 4:14:59PM
I hate when people constantly complain about how stupid Goldberg is. He's the shit. He's a dumbass but he's the shit. If there was a new commentator everyone who complained about him would miss him. Don't take Mike Goldberg for granted, someday he will be gone and you will feel the pain of a void that will never be filled.
Wolfenstein
10/7/08 5:08:04PM
Mike Goldberg: "He's got him in some kind of strange choke I've never seen before!"

Joe Rogan: "That's a rear naked choke."

Mike Goldberg: "You can hear the corner speaking portuguese!"

Joe Rogan: "Uh, that's Japanese, brother"

Mike Goldberg: "I should have known that."

Joe Rogan: "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."

Mike Goldberg: "That is correct."

Mike Goldberg: "He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage."

on "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver vs. John Lewis

After "Lil' Evil" Jens Pulver knocked Lewis out*
Goldberg: ""Lil' Eagle" flies again!"

cmb19932
10/8/08 9:31:42AM

joe rogan not only is the man but im almost sure he is a brown belt witch makes him very qualified to talk on the sport
MMAcca
10/8/08 2:49:20PM

No. No. No

You're wrong (about Rogan anyway)

mrsmiley
10/9/08 10:19:14AM
I'm voting for breast.Simply because I had a big set of them in my face yesterday.........................

But anyhow,Goldberg is alright sometimes.
mikevolz
10/9/08 10:39:08AM