DUFFEE-GROVE, SHLEMENKO-MINOWA, KELLY-RUEDIGER BOOKED FOR SUPER FIGHT LEAGUE 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » DUFFEE-GROVE, SHLEMENKO-MINOWA, KELLY-RUEDIGER BOOKED FOR SUPER FIGHT LEAGUE 2
sparky
3/20/12 7:14:29AM
Six big-show veterans have joined the fight card for the sophomore effort from burgeoning Indian organization Super Fight League.

Promotion officials Tuesday confirmed a trio of bouts for Super Fight League 2, which takes place April 7 in Chandigarh, India. In addition to a previously rumored heavyweight tilt between Todd Duffee and Neil Grove, the show will feature a middleweight matchup pitting Alexander Shlemenko against Ikuhisa Minowa and a lightweight contest between UFC veterans Paul Kelly and Gabe Ruediger.

Like the company’s March 11 debut, Super Fight League 2 will stream live and free of charge on YouTube.

Link
gartface
3/20/12 8:24:20AM
PRETTY GOOD FIGHTS.
BuffaloDave
3/20/12 8:52:00AM
Bout time Duffee has a fight. Good tune-up for him in Grove.
emfleek
3/20/12 10:06:42AM
Interesting...thought Shlemenko was still with Bellator?

Watching Kelly smash "Put Me In Coach" Ruediger should be enjoyable as well.
gartface
3/20/12 10:07:03AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Agreed. Heavyweight needs his injection of athleticism. Hope he can make a serious run.

Also always stoked to see Minowa fight, and it's against a legitimate fighter in Shlemenko.
Dberntson
3/20/12 10:45:04AM
I thought Shlemenko was still with Bellator. Do they let you fight outside of Bellator as long as you dont have the belt? I thought Dana talking about getting Shlemenko into the UFC when his Bellator contract was up?
tattflash
3/20/12 11:00:05AM
I would not call Grove a good warm up for Duffee, Grove has a rock solid chin and very good cardio for a heavyweight, Duffee posses neither, this in my opinion is a tough match up for Duffee
Bubbles
3/20/12 12:11:15PM
pretty good lineup for their 2nd event
Bustamante-Aoki
3/20/12 12:27:32PM
I enjoyed their last event, and this card is looking way better.

Grove is with Bellator too. I guess they're working together on some level.

Hope Minowa and Grove can pull off the upsets.

cowcatcher
3/20/12 4:56:16PM
Tough fight for Minowa, I don't like his chances at all, but at least we get to see Gabe get smashed again.
rush13
3/20/12 5:57:53PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I dont know if I'd call it a tune-up fight for Duffee. He will be favoured but not too much probably as Grove has serious size and power and has never been KO'd

Solid fight card...kinda weird to see Shlemenko fight but I guess it's a safe warm-up fight before he fights Lombard for the belt again.
DrivenDavies15
3/20/12 6:08:07PM
This is a pivotal fight for Duffee, I just want to see the dude live up to his potential. Hopefully Paul Kelly destroy's Ruediger as well.
prozacnation1978
3/20/12 6:27:09PM
They should sign TIM slyvia

Decent fights
Franklinfan47
3/20/12 11:27:10PM

Posted by Dberntson

I thought Shlemenko was still with Bellator. Do they let you fight outside of Bellator as long as you dont have the belt? I thought Dana talking about getting Shlemenko into the UFC when his Bellator contract was up?

I was surprised to see Shlemenko's name as well. Its not unheard of letting guys fight outside bellator, but Shlemenko just won a tournament and should be getting a title shot?? Minowas gonna get crushed

airkerma
3/21/12 10:35:13AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Tough fight for Minowa, I don't like his chances at all, but at least we get to see Gabe get smashed again.

I could watch Gabe fight Lauzon every day for the rest of my life and enjoy the outcome each time.