dublin crowd

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » dublin crowd
tomsmith17381
1/18/09 1:20:03PM
well done to the irish crowd sounded like a fantastic atmosphere and im gutted i couldn't make it. this is prob biased but i definately think the crowds outside the u.s make a better atmosphere with all the chanting and singing. i think the singing does has a place in mma what do you all think?
mk1630
1/18/09 1:25:14PM
I loved it. Ithought that was the coolest thing when they started chanting during the Davis/ Lytle fight. I wish more crowds were like this and less like the ones that boo for no reason.
DCRage
1/18/09 1:44:57PM
Too much of a distraction from what's happening in the OCtagon.
TimW001
1/18/09 2:06:12PM

Posted by DCRage

In my opinion, events are the most entertaining when the entire crowd is into it.
cheesy-maggot
1/18/09 2:08:33PM
I thought that was one of the best crowds I have ever heard actually. Really got me even more pumped up when they were singing and stuff.
Franklinfan47
1/18/09 2:28:11PM
They should come to Ireland or better yet...Canada more often
casey64
1/18/09 4:48:43PM
I thought it was cool.
Wolfenstein
1/18/09 5:20:59PM
It was a relief to not have to listen to three hours of booing.
AchillesHeel
1/18/09 5:31:45PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

It was a relief to not have to listen to three hours of booing.

No kidding. Being American myself, I don't mind saying that American crowds mostly suck.
owen1
1/18/09 6:10:03PM
I was there last night and the atmosphere was amazing!!
During the Davis vs Lytle I couldn't even hear myself think.
DCRage
1/18/09 6:32:25PM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by DCRage

In my opinion, events are the most entertaining when the entire crowd is into it.

Having been to wrestling and MMA events in the DC area, I do agree that it's entertaining, but stuff like yesterday, to me, seems a better fit for wrestling. Granted, my knowledge of soccer in Europe is extremely limited so I'm not too familiar with their traditions/rituals/etc. beyond hearing the singing and chanting during games on TV. That seems to have carried over to yesterday, but the locals there know much more about it than me.

bojangalz & tomsmith13781, keep those certain "perceptions" to yourselves.

Technomage
1/18/09 7:38:44PM
Crowd seemed really good to me. Loud chants and singing can make the atmosphere of the event much better. They didn't do it too much during the event as a whole but worked well in the Davis-Lytle fight. Also there was very little booing so that was a relief. More of these crowds please!
Pride-Fighter
1/23/09 12:05:34AM
I was there and the atmosphere was amazing. I loved the event, it will always be the greatest UFC I ever watched until I see another one live.
haggiswashere
1/23/09 2:33:48PM
The worst crowds were Chicago and England but Ireland was amazing.
Aaronno9
1/23/09 2:40:40PM
The crown in Ireland was sick, better than the crowds in England imo. Sounded like an amazing atmosphere.