Drinking your own urine?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Drinking your own urine?
Nightmare27
9/6/09 3:32:01AM
I was watching Mayweather vs Marquez 24/7 tonight and it showed Juan Manuel drinking his own urine after a workout. It seems like I have been hearing more and more of this going on lately, like Machida etc. Is it really that beneficial? I guess that I always thought it was waste. I'll tell you what I would never do it. Whats next making a turd sandwich?
DJBlankenship
9/6/09 11:59:00AM
if I has to do this to get in shape, then I guess I'll just stay fat
RyanC
9/6/09 2:05:33PM
I do a lot of things to get myself in better condition for my training, but I would NEVER do this.
seanfu
9/6/09 4:14:47PM
Anyone know what kind of possible benefits that would have?
RyanC
9/6/09 4:34:01PM

Posted by seanfu

Anyone know what kind of possible benefits that would have?

I've looked and I cannot find one good reason to drink your own urine. There is not one piece of scientific evidence to prove it has any therapeutic benefits.

It contains small amounts of hormones and metabolites, and can contain vitamins that your body did not absorb. That is the only reason I could see to justify consuming it, but as I said there is nothing that suggest that it is beneficial in any way.
Nightmare27
9/6/09 5:46:07PM
Thats what Marquez said, something about the vitamins that your body didnt absorb. I guess that I was busy being grossed out insted of reading the subtitles. He really wants to win, I'll give him that.
RyanC
9/6/09 6:10:37PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Thats what Marquez said, something about the vitamins that your body didnt absorb. I guess that I was busy being grossed out insted of reading the subtitles. He really wants to win, I'll give him that.

Somebody needs to tell him that he can just take more vitamins. Your body only sheds the vitamins it couldn't use or didn't need, so if it's in your urine your body didn't want it for one reason or another. If you drink your urine the vitamins are more than likely just gonna get passed right on through the next time you take a leak again. End conclusion for me is there is no reason to drink it.
SpiderSilva
9/7/09 10:07:22AM
Was it warm or cold pee? warm to me just seems gross chilled with some ice now we're talkin!
Nightmare27
9/7/09 1:34:02PM
He went and grabbed a glass off of the counter and went to the bathroom, then walked out sat down and drank it. No ice, no nothing. I cant wait to see what Mayweather is gonna say about it on next weeks show!!
Rush
9/7/09 7:35:01PM
In my opinion, the whole drinking urine thing is a bunch of BS. This is your body's waste. You would fair better getting nutrients eating healthy food. The only time it would be beneficial to drink your urine is if you are in a situation where you could die from dehydration and needed to drink your urine to conserve water.

As far as the whole athletes drinking urine thing, IMO, it is either some sick fetish or it is faked (or not) to play mind games. Unless you see the guy piss into a cup and then drink it (with no camera cuts or any thing) it could easily be faked.
madmarck
9/14/09 9:02:20AM

Posted by Nightmare27

So they will absorb the next time around?
RyanC
9/14/09 11:17:59AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Nightmare27

So they will absorb the next time around?

No they won't absorb the second time. That's why it's a waste of time.