Drew McFredies vs James Irvin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Drew McFredies vs James Irvin
POLL: Drew McFredies vs James Irvin?
(T)KO 91% (10)
Decision 9% (1)
hammerhead1
4/7/08 8:23:51PM
I know that they are not big fighters but they can do big knockouts i think it would be a big test for Drew McFredries i think it would be

Drew McFredries
3rd round
(T)KO
Aaronno9
4/7/08 8:30:38PM
I dont understand the poll..... is it supposed to be just how we think drew would win?
hammerhead1
4/7/08 8:33:45PM
no it is who do u think would win and hwo would they win
wolfman
4/7/08 8:35:30PM
I'd like to see this fight for sure. Drew tends to gas and Irvin's chin has been tested by some of the hardest sluggers. I would pick Irvin for virtually the same reasons I picked him over Houston to be honest. This fight could go either way as both fighters have heavy hands, but I am sure that James would be able to handle Drew in the 1st or 2nd round. It would probably be similar to the Cote fight. However, this is a mere fantasy match as Drew is at 185 and Irvin is at 205. Therefore, this should be in the MMA Lounge...
wolfman
4/7/08 8:37:04PM

Posted by hammerhead1

no it is who do u think would win and hwo would they win

Yeah, but there is no option to pick who we think would win. You just have two options, TKO or Decision...
hammerhead1
4/7/08 8:39:10PM
ya then u say on ur reply who do u want to win
NatedawgThaM
4/7/08 8:47:42PM
Drew would easily win this fight. Unlike Houston, Drew is a very well technically sound striker who does not bum rush people like Houston does. He's not a clinch brawler like Houston, he actually does better boxing. So I don't think Irvin really has anything more then the usual punchers chance. Drew hits harder and has better technique.

Drew Late 1st TKO.
wolfman
4/7/08 8:55:35PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Drew would easily win this fight. Unlike Houston, Drew is a very well technically sound striker who does not bum rush people like Houston does. He's not a clinch brawler like Houston, he actually does better boxing. So I don't think Irvin really has anything more then the usual punchers chance. Drew hits harder and has better technique.

Drew Late 1st TKO.

True, but I could easily see Drew trying to brawl with Irvin. He'd get suckered into a brawl and then it'd be down to who has the better chin. Irvin's chin would outlast Drew's suspect chin. Yet, it only takes one punch and either fighter has the KO power to end it quick. I don't think you can say that Drew would easily win this fight. It is only a fantasy match, so I won't waste any more energy on this thread.

EDIT: Also, you definitely have to give Irvin the edge when it comes to one punch/knee() KO power.
jiujitsufreak74
4/7/08 8:58:33PM
i see a submission happening so i can't pick from this poll

blkssncpt
4/7/08 9:04:47PM
i say Irvin in the first by KO. i really lik McFedries he has rediculously heavy hands and good technigue Irvin also has very heavy hands and i think he has pretty good stand up skills but i still think Irvin hits harder. McFedries does come in a little reckless sometimes, when he come in on his opponents he tends to drop his hands when throwing bombs and i think Irvin would capitalize on that.

-Rob
Kracker_Jap
4/7/08 9:12:40PM
Sandman 1st rd KO...

Don't hate
saemskin
4/7/08 9:39:54PM
usually I think these fantasy fight matchups are lame, but this would be nice to see. A Bangers paradise, eh?
mrliquid
4/7/08 10:11:16PM
The sandman would take this one by Ko 2nd
juanez13
4/7/08 10:20:45PM
Has anybody realized that they are in 2 different weight classes> anyways if people realized they are, I'd take drew TKO from an uppercut midway through the first.
wolfman
4/7/08 10:24:36PM

Posted by juanez13

Has anybody realized that they are in 2 different weight classes> anyways if people realized they are, I'd take drew TKO from an uppercut midway through the first.

I did, read my first post. Drew used to fight at 205 though...
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/08 11:46:03PM
haha this is horrible, not same division.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/8/08 11:49:30AM
tko irvin