Drew McFedries lol

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Drew McFedries lol
nickcuc547
10/23/08 8:42:55PM
check out what he said about his opponent on ufc.com, more about what he says about himself

houghts on opponent, Thales Leites? I know he’s a great Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu guy, and it’s the same story as usual – nobody’s gonna want to stand with me and he’s gonna want to take this to the ground, especially after seeing my last fight and given my history. Hopefully I just do what I do best – that’s the only thing that I can hope for, that I stay on my feet and put this guy away.

the guy is honest i have to hand it to him.
juanez13
10/23/08 8:50:47PM
The dude has got potential, he has very heavy hands, and a good chin. Only problem with him is that he puts to much into his punches and always leaves himself open for a takedown, which is his biggest weakness.
Sam_Rothstein
10/23/08 8:54:27PM
yeah drew's ground game is pretty bad but if by some great miracle he can keep the fight standing then leitas is in deep trouble.

Cote is the only person ive seen stand and bang with him and he took some vicious shots but I think that has to do with cote's amazing chin.

The fight is gonna be one of the best on the card no matter who wins
fubar19
10/24/08 12:27:47AM
drew will get subbed at some point in this fight. too bad reljic got hurt, i think he is going to be a threat at MW.
bullettdodger
10/24/08 1:39:57AM
Once Drew develops a ground game he will become a force to be reckoned with. He has so much raw power that his submissions + ground and pound, he already has great stand up. IF McFedries can do this he will be a well rounded force where the sky is the limit.
MMA
10/24/08 10:03:24AM
He doesn't even need a great ground game if he could just sprawl, but his wrestling is pretty poor as well. He better hope he rocks Leites early (or Leites gets a brain fart) because this ain't getting pass the 1st round.
Nitrus
10/24/08 10:58:41AM
I think this is the easiest fight to pick in this event. Leites will take him down and submit, easily!
bullettdodger
10/24/08 12:24:58PM

Posted by MMA

He doesn't even need a great ground game if he could just sprawl, but his wrestling is pretty poor as well. He better hope he rocks Leites early (or Leites gets a brain fart) because this ain't getting pass the 1st round.

Agreed if he could get a good sprawl but imo EVERYONE needs a good ground game. Its the name of the game this day and age to be extremely well rounded.
CrunkaFunk10
10/24/08 1:15:44PM
Just a little tid bit about Drew, apparently from what all the miletich guys say he dosent train much if any ground game, dude just likes to stand up and bang :p
copcopps
10/24/08 2:00:39PM
I really liked Drew's interview hell he kinda made me pick him (that and underdog bonus)

Also Drew McFedries is a cool name IMO.
gsquat
10/24/08 6:15:31PM

Posted by CrunkaFunk10

Just a little tid bit about Drew, apparently from what all the miletich guys say he dosent train much if any ground game, dude just likes to stand up and bang :p

I stand and bang sometimes, but my legs start to go numb and its all downhill from there.