Drew McFedries

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Drew McFedries
aceprone
2/11/07 3:05:46PM
Who here is excited to see this guy fight again? Good standup. GREAT CHIN, and all around exciting to watch.... I can't wait to see this guy fight again and see what he can do in the 185 division.
the-james
2/11/07 3:28:15PM
Yeah im excited to see him fight again too his fight with sakara was a slugfest, hes fighting martin kampmann at ufc 68 and its on the main card now so well get to see the fight for sure
Stickan
2/11/07 4:44:56PM
Even though I hope Kampmann knocks him out I'm glad to see Drew back. He threw some really nice uppercuts against Sakara and him KOing Sakara was a freaking HUGE upset.
JoeMimic
2/11/07 5:33:11PM
I think it should be a good fight provided cardio isn't an issue for either fighter. Might have to put some money on one of them once the odds come out.
Snacks
2/11/07 5:42:13PM

Posted by Stickan

Even though I hope Kampmann knocks him out I'm glad to see Drew back. He threw some really nice uppercuts against Sakara and him KOing Sakara was a freaking HUGE upset.

How so? Sakara wasn't that good of a fighter.
aceprone
2/11/07 8:34:10PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

Yeah not so good of a mma fighter, but was suppose to be known for his stand up boxing skills. He got out classed on the feet by someone he shouldn't of.
Snacks
2/11/07 10:07:39PM

Posted by aceprone

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

Yeah not so good of a mma fighter, but was suppose to be known for his stand up boxing skills. He got out classed on the feet by someone he shouldn't of.

Supposed to have been, but he wasn't. He wasn't even decent in boxing.
BabbyHughes
2/12/07 1:07:12AM
Yeah, its great to see him back. Its kind of hard not to remember his name, since he was so exciting and he kept saying "remember my name, Drew McFedries. Remember my name!"
hippysmacker
2/12/07 2:07:20AM
I don't think he outboxed Sakara, I think he outchinned him. Should be an exciting stand up war.
aceprone
2/12/07 2:42:52AM
True, I fold...haha
Stickan
2/12/07 4:58:22AM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by aceprone

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

He was more than decent in boxing and probably has better boxing then most of the 205ers. He threw the better shots and looked pretty good until Drew clipped him with that uppercut.
The KO looked pretty suspect and you kinda wonder what kind of chin he has but you can't downplay his boxing skills.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 5:37:53AM
I agree his boxing was crisp, just got outchinned. As for thje KO, I think he was exhausted, and those body shot's on the ground to finish were murderous.
shawneth
2/12/07 10:47:21AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Snacks

Posted by aceprone

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

He was more than decent in boxing and probably has better boxing then most of the 205ers. He threw the better shots and looked pretty good until Drew clipped him with that uppercut.
The KO looked pretty suspect and you kinda wonder what kind of chin he has but you can't downplay his boxing skills.

I agree. Sakara showed some really good boxing against Mcfedries and its a wonder that he didnt knock McFedries out. Drew has a crazy good chin.
madmarck
2/12/07 10:50:56AM
I think McFedries will lost a uniamous Descion ot Martan.
Kaumphman hasnt shown the finishing ability recently. I think he will be about to control Drew. My vote says this bout will be a decent stand up fight. Not great but good.
ffforgottenx
2/12/07 11:05:12AM
ok so here is my take..

mcfedries showed some great standup against sakara, but i dont give him all the credit for the KO (excluding the vicious body shots on the ground).. sakara just dropped to that mat.. i still dont know why.. maybe he was exhausted, i dont know.. now, i am NOT taking anything away from mcfedries, he really impressed me in his debut.. he just looked like he could have gone out at any point when sakara connected and he got rocked hard a few times.. so i think he has good striking, but not GREAT striking.. he hits very hard, but he leaves himself open way too much.. hes got a ton of heart though

kampmann im a little worried about.. the guy showed great striking against thales leites, but leites was walking around like a zombie for the 2nd and 3rd round, and kampmann kept on hitting him and hitting him, but it was like he was slapping him.. there was nothing behind the punches.. if i guy can eat 30-40 punches to the face/head during a round and not go down and keep coming at you, you arent hitting him hard enough..

so i dont know, this one could go either way.. one guy hits hard but isnt the most technical striker, the other guy is very technical but doesnt hit as hard..

my gut tells me to go with kampmann, so thats what ill do.. kampmann by 2nd or 3rd round TKO

although it could end up going to the ground, where we have yet to see mcfedries.. all of his fights have been won by strikes.. kampmann however has won six fights by submission, including a submission over crafton wallace who has some awesome muay thai.. IF it hits the ground, kampmann all the way
Stickan
2/12/07 4:23:24PM

Posted by madmarck

I think McFedries will lost a uniamous Descion ot Martan.
Kaumphman hasnt shown the finishing ability recently.

Recently? You mean his fight with Thales Leites who was his first ever decision win and against a guy who's never been knocked out and up until that fight never lost a fight at all?

I sure think he has all the tools to finish this fight but my gut says he won't and my prediction will look just like yours.
JunCTion
2/13/07 3:01:50AM

Posted by the-james

Yeah im excited to see him fight again too his fight with sakara was a slugfest, hes fighting martin kampmann at ufc 68 and its on the main card now so well get to see the fight for sure

hes my winner
ffforgottenx
2/13/07 4:57:46PM
ya know, i just thought of something..

mcfedries' fight with sakara was at 205..
kampmann's fight with leites was at 185..

so is mcfedries coming down in weight? or is kampmann going up? i would assume mcfedries is coming down to MW.. kampmann would be too small at 205.. and how is cutting the weight and dropping a weight class going to affect mcfedries?
hippysmacker
2/13/07 5:03:04PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

so is mcfedries coming down in weight? or is kampmann going up? i would assume mcfedries is coming down to MW.. kampmann would be too small at 205.. and how is cutting the weight and dropping a weight class going to affect mcfedries?

I'm pretty sure drew's moving down . He's only 6 foot tall , he can make it IMO without a problem.
ffforgottenx
2/13/07 5:12:24PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

I'm pretty sure drew's moving down . He's only 6 foot tall , he can make it IMO without a problem.

yea im pretty sure that drew is moving down also.. im just wondering how its going to affect him as far as conditioning and stamina.. if he gets tired quicker, he will lose some of the edge on his strikes.. and with how open he left himself against sakara, i think he might leave himself open even more if he doesnt cut the weight properly or cant handle the cut.. and that would equal a short night for him
aceprone
2/14/07 1:06:17AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

yea im pretty sure that drew is moving down also.. im just wondering how its going to affect him as far as conditioning and stamina.. if he gets tired quicker, he will lose some of the edge on his strikes.. and with how open he left himself against sakara, i think he might leave himself open even more if he doesnt cut the weight properly or cant handle the cut.. and that would equal a short night for him

I actually thought he did use to fight at 185, On sherdog it says 205, but I don't know if they're going off his last fight with Sakara, because when I tried to look at his other wins, the fighters he defeated didn't have their weight displayed. But I'm sure he use to fight at 185, and fought 205 because he was a last replacement. Another reason why he gassed a little.
Snacks
2/14/07 4:22:12AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Snacks

Posted by aceprone

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

I can downplay his boxing all I want, why? Because he exhibited him MMA-stand up skills in that fight, and guess what. It wasn't impressive, at all.
Stickan
2/14/07 4:50:48AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

Isn't Drew from the Militich camp? I'm sure those guys won't let him come in out of shape.
ffforgottenx
2/14/07 8:38:56AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

Isn't Drew from the Militich camp? I'm sure those guys won't let him come in out of shape.

yea he is from miletich.. but great camp or not, some people just cant handle the cut.. im sure he will be fine though.. should be a good fight.. the weight difference just came into my head yesterday, so i was a little confused