Dream2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Dream2
Mayhem13
4/6/08 7:00:57PM
so with the fights starting to be announced. who do you guys see winning the matchups..we can discuss picks in here as they are announced.

I see Sakuraba winning a decision
I have Funaki losing by sub in the 1st
I have Gegard by round 1 TKO (upset)
and
JZ by rnd 1 KO

not sure what other matchups are gonna be added though
LightsOut33093
4/6/08 7:55:19PM
sakuraba finishes fights and he is facing a guy coming directly from karate to mma...he has never fought in mma before (amateur or professional) ...sakuraba will take him down and finish him quite quickly

i agree with you on the tamura/funaki fight.....funaki is washed up (lost 5 of last 9) and tamura should be able to sub him in the 1st round, armbar most likely

the only way kang might lose this fight is if he decides to stand up with gegard...even though kang has just as good if not better standup than gegard...kang will take him down and get a 1st round armar

aoki is not gunna be able to take jz down and he will not be able to standup with jz either....jz will take this by tko or ko easily

rabbit915
4/6/08 7:57:30PM
Ive got:

Sakuraba by 1st round submission
Tamura by 1st round submission
JZ by 1st round KO
Gegard by 1st round KO

Didnt realize i had that many 1st round til now. Hmmm maybe i should change that. Also im shocked that Gegard is such a huge underdog. Kang is a bigger name but Gegard has some good wins and great hands. I think hes going to catch Kang with something and take him out.
juanez13
4/6/08 8:32:40PM

Posted by rabbit915

Ive got:

Sakuraba by 1st round submission
Tamura by 1st round submission
JZ by 1st round KO
Gegard by 1st round KO

Didnt realize i had that many 1st round til now. Hmmm maybe i should change that. Also im shocked that Gegard is such a huge underdog. Kang is a bigger name but Gegard has some good wins and great hands. I think hes going to catch Kang with something and take him out.

almost the same, except i'd change Kang to Rnd 2 or 1 TKO or submission.
hotrodttt
4/7/08 2:06:28AM
Kang Wins this easily, he's not getting KO'd, he's a K-1 Level Kickboxer and Mousassi is nowhere near the Level as Athetic as Akiyama. Kang via 1st Round Rear Naked Choke.

Sakuraba should definatly win this Fight via 1st Round Submission, Nakahara has pretty good Stand Up but he'll get taken down.

Tamura is so Powerful so I think he Knocks Funaki out in the 1st Round

JZ should Win via 1st Round T(KO)

Ordep
4/7/08 10:33:57PM
It's funny how Aoki changed from Hot Event to [underdog bonus].
DCRage
4/10/08 2:40:36PM
I'm taking Mougasi (sp?) as the underdog. Maybe it's partly based on Kang's last fight (I think that was the loss to Akiyama) so I guess that has me feeling like it could be the safe underdog bet that would pay off big to win.
DCRage
4/18/08 2:00:05PM
4 more fights added today, they should be added soon as I just reported the update:
The new fights (all MWGP):
Taiei Kin vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Dong Sik Yoon vs. Shungo Oyama
Zelg Galesic vs. Magomed Sultanakhmedov
Frank Trigg vs. Ronaldo Jacare
steadymobbin
4/18/08 4:22:52PM
Apparently Trigg said he won't be fighting Jacare
ICSlegend
4/18/08 4:55:20PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

aoki is not gunna be able to take jz down and he will not be able to standup with jz either....jz will take this by tko or ko easily

"Easily"

That's like saying Aoki will sub JZ easily.

I think he will sub him, but it ain't gonna be easy! Aoki doesn't want to stand with him, but JZ looked terrified of going to the ground. Aoki looked like he would have gotten JZ down if not for the illegal elbows. In any case, this is not an "easy" fight, 2 top guys with a ton of skill. Can't wait though.
DCRage
4/25/08 6:34:22PM

Posted by steadymobbin

Apparently Trigg said he won't be fighting Jacare

It's now official, Ian Murphy is Jacare's new opponent. Just reported the update so hopefully it'll be done in time to change our picks.
BerndRealBad
4/26/08 2:16:15PM
I have this card going by a lot of submission wins, other than Galesic's match and Aoki/JZ. Too bad about Trigg pulling out, I had him beating Jacare and doing well in the tourney.
ICSlegend
4/29/08 12:10:21PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

I laughed about the "easily" comment when you made it, and I'm still laughing now. When will people realize it's so dumb to make statements about one elite fighter "easily" finishing another?
tepid55
4/29/08 1:05:41PM
When will the results be up in the secondary league?
npayant
4/29/08 1:17:22PM

Posted by tepid55

When will the results be up in the secondary league?

You beat me to it... I was wondering the same thing??
Svartorm
4/29/08 2:02:53PM
Soon I hope, because I'm probably in the top ten again.
roadking95th
4/29/08 2:25:17PM
Svartorm, I hope they are up soon as well. I didn't do so well with pts, but if I remember my parlay correctly, I should have made about $42,000
jiujitsufreak74
4/29/08 3:50:23PM
well i got 63 points...and if Svatrom is in the top 10 so am i as i had the same picks to the tee if i remember correctly

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by LightsOut33093

I laughed about the "easily" comment when you made it, and I'm still laughing now. When will people realize it's so dumb to make statements about one elite fighter "easily" finishing another?

especially now
johnafirth
4/29/08 4:47:33PM

Posted by BerndRealBad

I have this card going by a lot of submission wins, other than Galesic's match and Aoki/JZ. Too bad about Trigg pulling out, I had him beating Jacare and doing well in the tourney.

Who'd have thought Zelg would win by armbar?

I want the points up too.