My Dream Situation For GSP....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » My Dream Situation For GSP....
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/24/08 12:58:53PM
in order...

UFC 82:
Anderson Silva defeats Dan Henderson thus verifying no one in the division can beat him.

Jon Fitch beats Chris Wilson, & since Karo loses (see fight night below), Fitch gets his MUCH DESERVED title shot.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT:
Karo loses to Thiago Alves, sparing us fans of a Karo title shot (he deserves it as of now, but he is so boring to watch IMO, & all my friends for that matter)

UFC 83:
GSP defeats Serra confirming him as the undisputed WW champ

UFC event later this Summer:
MW Championship:
Anderson Silva vs ??? (I'm thinking Cote would prolly get a shot, i mean who else would deserve it?)
Anderson by total annihilation

WW Championship:
GSP vs Jon Fitch
Fitch will be his toughest test since Hughes I & the BJ fight, but still see GSP taking this.

After the GSP interview in the ring, Dana brings Anderson into the ring & announces that GSP & Anderson Silva will be fighting this Fall in a catch-weight fight putting arguably the 2 top p4p fighters in the octagon.

Y'all can't tell me you aren't wetting your pants right now just thinking about this.
if not, Flame On.
RMFG_187
2/24/08 1:06:18PM
i had it looking the same, but thiago will lose to karo, and karo will get a shot before fitch, or fitch vs karo for a title shot.

best case scenario, GSP fights Silva towards the end of 2008. but its more likely that Silva moves up to LHW, and gets mauled by Page.
tuvok500
2/24/08 1:22:46PM
I don't want a catch weight match , i want a MW fight for the belt between GSP and Silva !!

GSP with 2 belts in 2009 !!

TimW001
2/24/08 1:57:18PM
Lets not forget about BJ Penn just yet.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/24/08 2:03:19PM

Posted by TimW001

Lets not forget about BJ Penn just yet.

1. i never forget about bj penn
2. LW division is stacked full of contenders & great matchups, & with bj saying he only wants to fight 2x a year, im assuming his hands will be full in that division
Tailgunner
2/24/08 2:15:48PM
I say let GSP dominate the WW division for at least 5 or 6 title defenses first and then maybe we can talk about him moving up to MW.

GSP is my favorite fighter but lets not get carried away just yet, he still has plenty to prove at WW, a rematch with Serra, Penn and Karo.

Then he needs to fight Fitch, and Davis thats at least 2 years of fighting at the WW level.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/24/08 2:19:39PM

Posted by Tailgunner

I say let GSP dominate the WW division for at least 5 or 6 title defenses first and then maybe we can talk about him moving up to MW.

GSP is my favorite fighter but lets not get carried away just yet, he still has plenty to prove at WW, a rematch with Serra, Penn and Karo.

Then he needs to fight Fitch, and Davis thats at least 2 years of fighting at the WW level.

im sorry but i dont see any reasoning in delaying a possible top 2 p4p fight, catchweight, not for the belt, but for pride & sportsmanship. let him defend his ww belt after the fight....feel me?
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/24/08 2:46:48PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Tailgunner

im sorry but i dont see any reasoning in delaying a possible top 2 p4p fight, catchweight, not for the belt, but for pride & sportsmanship. let him defend his ww belt after the fight....feel me?

pride...sportsmanship... insane source of revenue $$$$

but yeah i gotta admit, would be cool
JimiMak
2/24/08 3:02:56PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Tailgunner

Why does everyone want to see a guy w/ a cpl wins move up in weight and a guy w/ a loss move down?

Unless/Until GSP defends the belt several times there is no reason for him to try to fight Silva. Why would Silva want to move from the weight he's comfortable at? He's certainly not run thru a div the way Matt Hughes did, and he never moved up even tho it would've been doable.

He just lost to an unranked fighter. Why would two consecutive wins put him in contention for this match?

I could go on and on all day on reasons that none of the champions need to worry about switching weights. GSP I def think should concentrate on being dominant in one weight before he switches (and if he were to switch it should be down not up, imo he has no business in MW he'd be killed, I'm still not sure he has better than 50/50 chance against Serra)
hotrodttt
2/24/08 3:51:07PM

Posted by tuvok500

I don't want a catch weight match , i want a MW fight for the belt between GSP and Silva !!

I agree, It's a bad match up for Anderson in someone who could take him down at will and pound on him, and GSP won't get caught on the feet in my opinion.
Manfred
2/25/08 3:47:10AM
Reality: GSP loses to Serra a second time and becomes the Rich Franklin of the WW division
Kpro
2/25/08 4:01:43AM
champion vs. champion fights from different weight classes do nothing but keep deserving contenders to each title from fighting for it.

I for one would only like to see these matches if the guy changing weight classes vacates the title first.
Tein_Lung
2/25/08 6:13:32AM
thats provided Serra doesn't knock him the fook out again..... Everyone talks like Serra is not even in the picture yet Seraa ran over GSP... Has that fact sliped most peoples minds??? I loke GSP hes one of my fav fighters, as is Serra. Without a doubt GSP is the better 170 lb fighter... but there are always people out there that can beat you. I don't want to see GSP lose but i also want to see Serra win for no other reason that it will shut so many people up... Serra earned his shot though the means he had avalable to him and he whooped GSPs ass when he needed too...

If 2007 showed anything is that there are no sure things...

edit:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tuvok500

I agree, It's a bad match up for Anderson in someone who could take him down at will and pound on him, and GSP won't get caught on the feet in my opinion.

umm Serra caught him and beat the tar out of him standing.. is someone 4 inches shorter then you can do it to you why would it be less likely for someone taller?
ohiostate1016
2/25/08 9:23:50AM
Is it just me, or is the UFC failing to create stars? If they were developing fighters, then we wouldn't even be talking about this. That being said, I'd lovelovelove to see this fight and I'd pay double for it (but don't tell Dana White that).
Smd277
2/25/08 3:38:24PM
gsp vs silva

boy would that be the fight of forever
JimiMak
2/27/08 4:49:03PM
rofl. GSP would stand no chance in the world of surviving 2 rds w/ Silva, never mind doing anything better.