DREAM 8 Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » DREAM 8 Results (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
cowcatcher
4/5/09 8:11:33AM
mach is still a major player, aoki still kn ows nothing about striking
DCRage
4/5/09 8:12:15AM
Just read the results...called Mach beating Aoki (Yessss) but noticed quite a few other upsets. Guess it's time for me to start up my "Over(u)ated" argument again. The WWGP is probably Sakurai's to lose now. Of course the fun part now-we wait a couple days and see what the ratings in Japan will look like for the event-if they don't improve a bit on what DREAM 7 did they're really in trouble this time.
ncordless
4/5/09 8:40:32AM

Posted by DCRage

Just read the results...called Mach beating Aoki (Yessss) but noticed quite a few other upsets. Guess it's time for me to start up my "Over(u)ated" argument again. The WWGP is probably Sakurai's to lose now. Of course the fun part now-we wait a couple days and see what the ratings in Japan will look like for the event-if they don't improve a bit on what DREAM 7 did they're really in trouble this time.

Actually, from what I understand DREAM 7 did great numbers considering it was on from midnite to 3am in Japan. The numbers looked bad because previous DREAM events had been in primetime. But to single out DREAM 7 as a card with bad ratings is false.

In general, DREAM's numbers have been dissapointing, but DREAM 7 was no special case.
kopower
4/5/09 9:16:51AM
A lot of upsets. I'm glad I stuck with Mach to ko Aoki. Still, lost my parlay and most of my other bets.
Twenty20Dollars
4/5/09 9:41:38AM
I completely bombed this event only have like 18 points or so....
ncordless
4/5/09 9:57:52AM
Guess we know Aoki is not top ten WW huh?
postman
4/5/09 10:17:19AM

Posted by ncordless

Guess we know Aoki is not top ten WW huh?

Or #4#
Trapt1nw0nder
4/5/09 11:21:36AM
I stayed up and saw this fight on justin.tv... lol...

right before the fight, I was like...."I hope Sakurai KHTFO cold!"... and my wish comes true within seconds... Sakurai!!!!
breakdown5
4/5/09 11:56:07AM
I didn't do very well with this one. Aoki got destroyed in under a minute. Mach blasted him with those knees big time, put down stiff.
Franklinfan47
4/5/09 12:01:03PM
I was surprised by alot of fights on this card as well. I got 5 out of 9 fights right and Fukuda beating Murilo was surprising as well. Shibata actually winning, Sakurai KTFO out of Aoki, Hata outworking Tokoro, and Monson choking Kharitonov out, craziness.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/5/09 3:15:29PM
got a nice lil 2 man parlay in galvao and sak , cant believe the lines on those guys . both should of been - 200
Pookie
4/5/09 6:25:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

mach is still a major player, aoki still kn ows nothing about striking

The fight wasnt on the feet for even a second in that fight.
DCRage
4/6/09 11:10:50AM
For those who don't want to wait until Friday, I've found and uploaded all the fight videos to our MMA Videos section with the exception of Shirai-High. I can't embed that player so here's a link to the video:
http://www.myvideofight.com/video/dream/dream-8-yuya-shirai-vs-jason-high/index.html
Pages: 1 [2]