CC looked like an animal! Can't wait to have him back in the UFC
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/15/08 10:37:19AM

Posted by waylon_o

CC looked like an animal! Can't wait to have him back in the UFC

it will be nice
hodge
3/15/08 10:42:11AM
Still didnt look like the monster he was in PRIDE but at least hes back to winning ways
Porch28
3/15/08 10:43:21AM
I think its a little misleading because the guy he fought was a chump. You saw what he did over here ,so I will reserve judgement until he fights a quality opponent.
whardin19
3/15/08 11:57:11AM

Posted by Porch28

I think its a little misleading because the guy he fought was a chump. You saw what he did over here ,so I will reserve judgement until he fights a quality opponent.

I definetally agree with you Porch28. The guy he fought was a chump. Lets up the competition a little now and see what he does. I think Cro Crop can be a better fighter than he was showing in the UFC. But I'm not sure he'll be elite, especially witht he competition in the UFC.
xburbx
3/15/08 12:00:24PM
That was one step above Eddie Sanchez at best. We need something with some substance like Barnett vs Crocop. Obviously Fedor vs Crocop would be nice, but I think CroCop needs Tony Robins like Chuck Lidell. He obviously turned Chucks mental ship around.
SpiderSilva
3/15/08 12:27:32PM
I would not really say much till he fights a ground guy to see how he reacts to being on the ground and then standing back up this was a gimmie for the Japanise fans
TimW001
3/15/08 12:45:35PM
He looked....old....He doesn't look quite like the killer. Maybe it still taking him one more fight to become the agressor. But I'm happy for him. The combo he threw did look pretty damn mean.
NatedawgThaM
3/15/08 12:46:25PM

Posted by juanez13

this should be in the spoiler forums.....but man mirko GnP was nuts

No not really, it's not like it's going to be shown on TV anytime soon except in China which I doubt more then 2 people are from. Plus MMAPlayground already has the results up anyways.

Nice to see Cro Cop is back, I do agree that GNP is nuts. Yeah it was only 3 punches but as hard as it looked like he was throwing them. Hope he gets a big name next time for hopefully his next fight in May!!!

Sucks JZ vs Aoki didn't have a final decision. Now we'll have to wait even more to see who the best LW in the world is

silverbullet
3/15/08 1:39:13PM
LOL this was just sad. The dude in the red shorts whatever his name is just quit after he got into the clinch. This reminds me of the Kimbo - Bo Cantrell fight. PRIDE or DREAM or whatever you want to call it put on a carnival as always. They build up Cro Cop as some sort of a beast by putting soda cans in front of him.

OMG CRO COP GNP!!! he didn't even connect two shots, the guy was already in fetal position. This whole thing is a joke, Dream has absolutely no credibility.
fedorwins1
3/15/08 1:49:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

it's not like it's going to be shown on TV anytime soon except in China which I doubt more then 2 people are from.

Yeah there's only a billion people that live in China.
NatedawgThaM
3/15/08 2:23:20PM
That go on this site
cmill21
3/15/08 3:02:09PM
I will ignore the people who just like to talk crap...His boxing looked like it used to, he was throwing knees from the clinch, he looked huge, he had a new defense there are so many positive things I noticed. I have been told a few possible opponents for his next fight, and I'm pretty excited, a little worried but for the people that say Dream has no credibility, I look forward to you being proven wrong. This IMHO was no different then Eddie Sanchez except for Mizuno is a Judoka and acctually had a skillset that would give him a minimal chance to pull something out, but Eddie Sanchez was ok because that was in the UFC and they have nothing but good talent.

EDIT: After watching the fight again, he looked tentative in the first few exchanges, but after he got his confidence rolling he looked like he used to 100% to me. Also the reason he looks different(physically) is because of the nose surgery he had, he has a completly new nose. Also happy to see him wearing the shirt of the website I helped put together!
iwannabesedated
3/15/08 3:24:34PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by juanez13

Sucks JZ vs Aoki didn't have a final decision. Now we'll have to wait even more to see who the best LW in the world is

BJ Penn
jiujitsufreak74
3/15/08 3:25:05PM
i was really glad for CC...but more glad for Nagata

anyway i was really happy that both Nagata and Alvarez won since they are both wrestlers and as a wrestler myself i like to see them do well. of course i like JJ more but still. i am a little disappointed in the JZ fight as he was part of my parlay so i only got the 3 fight benefit instead of the 4 fight. either way i hope they can meet again, from what i hear JZ was winning until the elbow so i would pick him again if they rematched. JZ should win the whole tournament but Alvarez is the dark horse that i wouldn't be surprised to see win. This LW tournament has me so psyched. i hope the MW will be just as exciting. i know it was only one card but in my eyes Dream = PRIDE. i wouldn't be too disappointed if they got Fedor and Barnett so they would have 3 of the top HWs. of course i would rather them all be in the UFC but i wouldn't mind if they went to Dream. hopefully they televise their next events so they can get a following and rise to become a top organization. i will be rooting for Ishida, JZ and Alvarez in the tournament and i hope the next round is even better.
titorican
3/15/08 7:23:56PM
Mizuno is one step above Eddie Sanchez???? He's actually about five steps below Eddie Sanchez in my opinion.
nastshabast
3/15/08 9:20:02PM
CC's upper body looked bigger than in recent fights.
cmill21
3/15/08 9:43:32PM

Posted by nastshabast

CC's upper body looked bigger than in recent fights.

He's up to 235 now.
chubbud22
3/16/08 2:02:52AM

Posted by Porch28

wolfman
3/19/08 12:12:24PM

Posted by cmill21

I will ignore the people who just like to talk crap...His boxing looked like it used to, he was throwing knees from the clinch, he looked huge, he had a new defense there are so many positive things I noticed. I have been told a few possible opponents for his next fight, and I'm pretty excited, a little worried but for the people that say Dream has no credibility, I look forward to you being proven wrong. This IMHO was no different then Eddie Sanchez except for Mizuno is a Judoka and acctually had a skillset that would give him a minimal chance to pull something out, but Eddie Sanchez was ok because that was in the UFC and they have nothing but good talent.

EDIT: After watching the fight again, he looked tentative in the first few exchanges, but after he got his confidence rolling he looked like he used to 100% to me. Also the reason he looks different(physically) is because of the nose surgery he had, he has a completly new nose. Also happy to see him wearing the shirt of the website I helped put together!

Well said...