DREAM needs to start a HW tourney soon.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DREAM needs to start a HW tourney soon.
Purge
7/21/08 11:31:17AM
Fedor and Barnett can go almost anywhere they want with their contracts. DREAM could get Kharitonov and maybe (if the Hepatitis rumour is false) Aleksander. Also they could get Arlovski and Overeem is already there. Then Mirko and JLB or Hunt.

The attendance at the last few DREAM events eclipsed the one at Affliction. The announcement of Mirko and Fedor in one tournament could get the biggest attendance in the history of Japanese MMA. Which they could not have at the OWGP 2 years ago.

A long shot I know, but hey It could happen.
Mchubb316
7/21/08 11:54:14AM
That would be great. I would have to think that Fedor would run through the tournament, and add another belt to his resume. It would make for some great Dream cards.
Purge
7/21/08 12:01:18PM
Im thinking of a quarter final looking like this

Fedor vs Barnett (dangerous grappler vs dangerous grappler)

Mirko vs Hunt/JLB (tough match-up for a KO artist)

Aleks vs Kharitonov (well-rounded and heavy-handed beasts)

Andrei vs Overeem (Explosive fighters)
DonnieDarko
7/21/08 12:19:45PM
would be a dream tourney i would love to see
7/21/08 1:38:11PM
If Affliction is willing to work with DREAM, it would be bad ass this is what the feild could look like..........

Fedor
Timmy
Josh Barnett
Andre Arlovski
Cro Cop
Aleks
Rizzo
Buentello
Rothwell
JLB
Hunt
Alister Overeem
Bigfoot silva
Kharitonov
Tatsuya Mizuno
Tae Hyun Lee
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/21/08 3:12:05PM

AA vs CC
Aleks vs Overeem
Sylvia vs JLB
Fedor vs Barnett

thats how i'd do it
nickcuc547
7/21/08 3:46:03PM
it would be awesome but i don't know if they can get all the fighter's you mentioned.
Kastro
7/21/08 4:47:17PM
Really hope this happens.. HW is hands down my favorite division to watch and DREAM has already obtained some serious top HW's if they could get Fedor, AA, Barnett, and even Sylvia in there it would be a dream come true..

DREAM is really looking good right now as they continue to put on shows with non-stop action I cant wait for DREAM 6 hopefully Cro Cop keeps his word and fights on that card.

skatenate
7/21/08 9:18:45PM
IF they can get all these big names, it would an awesome touney to watch.
pdanke
7/22/08 9:06:55AM
Although that sounds like a near-perfect tournament, I doubt Affliction is going to let some of their talent go to Dream for months....

They probably want to follow up the success of Banned with another card featuring the same guys.

Just think about the attention span of a casual mma fan......
Purge
7/22/08 10:23:56AM

Posted by pdanke

Although that sounds like a near-perfect tournament, I doubt Affliction is going to let some of their talent go to Dream for months....

They probably want to follow up the success of Banned with another card featuring the same guys.

Just think about the attention span of a casual mma fan......

I think they would, because this way they could team-up with DREAM and expand to Asia. Also this could lead to an even bigger enterprise. seeing as Trump is handling the business side, I think he would do this.
dinex
7/22/08 5:42:02PM
Even if DREAM was able to get all those names I doubt they have the budget to pull off something like this.