Dream Middleweight GP: Who wins it??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dream Middleweight GP: Who wins it??
POLL: Who wins dream middleweight gp
melvin manhoef 26% (11)
ronaldo souza 38% (16)
zelg gelaesic 2% (1)
gerard mousasi 33% (14)
nickcuc547
6/15/08 3:26:11PM
i gotta go with mousasi, most well rounded of the bunch.
holt8081
6/15/08 3:30:13PM
ya but also melvin is no joke
gartface
6/15/08 3:31:25PM
Gegard can throw hands with the best of them, and the only person in the semis that he can't submit would be Jacare.
I agree that he's going to win the whole thing.
ohiostate1016
6/15/08 3:46:36PM
Wow, nobody picking Jacare? I think it'll be him or Melvin (I voted for Melvin because of experience).
Khaos
6/15/08 4:06:07PM
I'm saying Gegard Mousasi, probably the best person in the tourney
Mchubb316
6/15/08 5:11:32PM
I like Manhoef. He showed patience against Sak, and he is scary strong. As long as he takes the same careful approach, and picks his spot and stays out of bad spots, I don't think he will be beat.
Franklinfan47
6/15/08 8:11:49PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i gotta go with mousasi, most well rounded of the bunch.

Tombsuprat
6/15/08 8:40:23PM
I'm taking Jacare.

He would sub Zelg who doesn't have the best TD defense considering Takimoto schooled him. Mousasi has slightly better hands then Miller but once on the ground he won't fare better then Mayhem did. Manhoef would be the worst match-up but he's shown he has little sub defense, quesiton is can Jacare weather the storm.

Dong was my orginal pick when the tourney was first annouced.
FrankTheTank1181
6/15/08 9:13:45PM
I really like Mousasi to win the whole thing. Probably gonna be Gegard vs. Jacare, which should be a good fight.
p_unit23
6/15/08 9:41:00PM
ya, mousasi. well rounded guy.Probably will win Grand Prix.
jiujitsufreak74
6/15/08 10:36:02PM
i picked Gregard from the beginning then flopped on him when he fought Dong, which i am ashamed of doing, and will now stick with him to the end.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/15/08 11:28:08PM
i picked mousasi from the start and im stickin with him.
hotrodttt
6/16/08 12:28:24AM

Posted by Tombsuprat

I'm taking Jacare.

He would sub Zelg who doesn't have the best TD defense considering Takimoto schooled him. Mousasi has slightly better hands then Miller but once on the ground he won't fare better then Mayhem did. Manhoef would be the worst match-up but he's shown he has little sub defense, quesiton is can Jacare weather the storm.

Dong was my orginal pick when the tourney was first annouced.

I agree with you 100 %, although his Strikes aren't the Best, his Takedowns are World Class. He took down an NCAA Champ and Subbed him with ease. He'll Submit all of his opponents that he'll face in under 7 minutes.
ncordless
6/16/08 2:02:52AM
Well, if Manhoef can keep up what he did to Saku, then he will tear apart the rest of the fighters... that was some scary GnP. I don't like him vs. Jacare... but I don't like Jacare vs. Gerard...

I see it like this...

Manhoef>Gerard>Jacare>Manhoef.... etc.

>
Zelg
Pookie
6/16/08 2:51:48AM
I believe it will be

Mousasi vs. Manhuef
&
Jacare vs. Russian guy

and
Mousasi vs. Jacare in the finals.

Jacare can take him down at will and although mousasi is good on the ground, hes not jacare good.
sammyd1213
6/16/08 1:52:10PM
Jacare
mk1630
6/17/08 7:58:02PM
I say Melvin takes it. A little off topic question, but how do you think these guys would do in the UFC. Seeing as its not the best division in the world, and these guys are looking better than a lot of the guys already in the UFC, do you think they would do good?
6/17/08 9:30:22PM
It's hard to pick Zelg or Mousasi, because they are gonna have to go up against either a World class Striker, Or a World class Grapaler, or maby both.
Witch leaves Jacare or Melvin. I want Melvin but you gotta go with the Grappaler in this situatoin. Plus i don't think anyone can stop jacare's Take downs, and he can submitt all of them.
fedorwins1
6/19/08 3:08:19PM
Look at the avater.
NatedawgThaM
6/19/08 9:57:01PM
I'm going with Melvin. He looks like he's taking the Robbie Lawler approached and IMO that makes him ten times better then he was before!!! Him and Robbie use to be too aggressive and gas fast. But I was extremely impressed with the sakaruba fight. He showed patience and just walked him down slowly and not only does that help your gas tank, it keeps your opponent nervous as hell wetting himself scared anticipating when you will finally start throwing that nasty power.

If I was putting money on it or if this was on the main league I'd go Jacare since he's > everybody on the ground, but Melvin's my favorite in this tournament so I will go with him staying patient and knocking everybody THE FUDGE OUT!!