Dream Middleweight Pairings Announced

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dream Middleweight Pairings Announced
Franklinfan47
5/23/08 9:56:58AM
Dream announced four bouts for DREAM.4, which takes place on June 15 at the Saitama Super Arena. All four bouts announced are quarterfinal bouts for the DREAM Middleweight Grand Prix.

link
Cladrix
5/23/08 10:24:48AM
I feel sorry for sakuraba going up against Manhoef............ Manhoef will destroy him. Jacare vs. Mayhem will be a great fight.
Bowen50
5/23/08 10:45:43AM
Jacare wins by sub in the first round
hodge
5/23/08 11:48:37AM
War Sakuraba
ICSlegend
5/23/08 12:05:10PM

Posted by Cladrix

I feel sorry for sakuraba going up against Manhoef............ Manhoef will destroy him. Jacare vs. Mayhem will be a great fight.

Like Manhoef destroyed Dong? Or Akiyama? His sub defense is not very good. Against a great ground fighter he will get subbed.

I feel sorry for Manhoef, awesome striker, would much rather have seen him vs Mayhem, cause he should really be in the finals.
Mchubb316
5/23/08 12:07:59PM
Mayhem gets a tough one. I don't think Mayhem will want to take this one to the ground, so I guess we will get to see how good his takedown defense is, and or how good Jacare is at striking.
rabbit915
5/23/08 12:22:54PM
Man, they actually picked those well. Its going to be hard to call any of those fights.
bustin_mma
5/23/08 3:35:27PM
Great fights, probly matched up as good as they can be. Cant wait to watch
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/23/08 5:15:42PM
sweet
hotrodttt
5/23/08 6:42:30PM
There are some Great Fights Announced but the 1 Fight that I really want to see is Melvin Manhoef vs Sakuraba. Now It's a Hard Fight for both guys in that Melvin is an Explosive Striker and Saku is a Great Catch Wrestler. We know that Saku can take Punishment and Win like in his Fight against Smirinovas. I think Saku takes this 1 because Melvin showed weaknesses in his last Fight and I think Saku Advances to the Semi Finals.
cmill21
5/23/08 6:45:15PM
Nice pairings! Saku better get it to the ground asap, Manhoef wasn't in good condition in his last fight. I think Zelg vs Kin will be the best fight, possibly FOTY.
chubbud22
5/23/08 8:11:55PM
I cant wait until Jacare vs Mayhem. IMHO its a dream matchup
gartface
5/23/08 8:57:14PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Mayhem gets a tough one. I don't think Mayhem will want to take this one to the ground, so I guess we will get to see how good his takedown defense is, and or how good Jacare is at striking.

Mayhem has awesome wrestling, I think he can avoid the takedowns early. I don't know how long he can let the fight go though. He needs to keep it standing.

As for the other fights, I see Mousasi winning a tough one against Dong, Saku subbing Manhoef at will, and Galesic winning.

WAR MAYHEM!
The_Grim_Reaper
5/23/08 10:15:58PM
Manhoef has never boded well against people with a ground game, i dont think Manhoef has ever faced some one who is as highly touted as Saku is on the ground. i think if Saku can avoid the early barrage of nothing but pure K.O. power, get his patented single leg, which never fails, then i can see him winning this fight poissibly by armbar or kimura, Saku needs this come on guys WAR SAKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MMAcca
5/24/08 12:07:06PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

Like Manhoef destroyed Dong? Or Akiyama? His sub defense is not very good. Against a great ground fighter he will get subbed.

I feel sorry for Manhoef, awesome striker, would much rather have seen him vs Mayhem, cause he should really be in the finals.

Sakuraba is a former great, a legend, but he is past it now.

Saku is gonne eat way too many kicks and manhoef will take a 1st round KO imo.
gartface
5/24/08 4:33:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

I think we've all seen that Japanese refs won't let Saku get KO'd...hahaha
ICSlegend
5/25/08 12:43:00AM

Posted by gartface

Not those of us with eyes. Saku's been KO'd before.

Maybe you should watch some of his fights. There's something called "skill". Kept him from getting KOd by some of the most devastating (and much heavier) strikers ever like Igor and CC. Manhoef's damn good, but his takedown and sub-d is just not good enough to keep Saku at bay.

Why are so many people so quick to count Saku out...just cause he's been through some wars doesn't mean he's a washed up can. Hopefully Saku takes the whole thing.
xtra_chewy
5/25/08 3:08:45AM
Uber Sick, should make for some great fights!
jiujitsufreak74
5/25/08 3:35:19AM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

you know, it's funny to look at the argument from that perspective because i was going to use Wandy vs Saku (both of them) to justify picking Melvin over Saku since Saku has had a hard time dealing with the powerful aggressive striking style...but i guess you can look at it from your perspective and say that Melvin has had a hard time with certain grapplers. however, Dong and Akiyama are both judoka where as Saku is a submission wrestler. just saying that is something to consider when making the comparison that you did. Melvin was able to KO Crosley Gracie, so maybe it is judoka and not simply ground fighters that give Melvin a lot of problems...who knows. i guess we will find out when these two warriors meet in the ring.
MMAcca
5/25/08 7:23:02AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

DiabloFreak56
5/27/08 9:34:05AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Mchubb316

Mayhem has awesome wrestling, I think he can avoid the takedowns early. I don't know how long he can let the fight go though. He needs to keep it standing.

As for the other fights, I see Mousasi winning a tough one against Dong, Saku subbing Manhoef at will, and Galesic winning.

WAR MAYHEM!

i completely agree. only thing i can see happening to mayhem on the ground is falling a sleep in jacares nice triangle.