DREAM MATCHUP couture vs rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DREAM MATCHUP couture vs rampage
mikek32293
5/2/08 6:14:01PM
just thinking about some dream matchups that i would love to see and this one was one of the most intresting imo. i would say that rampage would win a very close decision in a five round war!
Copenhagen
5/2/08 6:20:53PM
Randy left the LHW division for a reason.
throwmeahotone
5/2/08 6:31:44PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Randy left the LHW division for a reason.

and he still knew there was a slight chance of Rampage moving up a weight class so ran away from the UFC faster than Kalib Starnes
fiascoparade12
5/2/08 6:42:48PM
LOL!
juanez13
5/2/08 7:49:55PM
Rampage By TKO in the 2nd.
Cdellorso
5/2/08 8:56:21PM
Page has a better chance to catch randy with a KO then Vice versa However Page has nothing on Coutures wrestling- GNP or BJJ

minor underdorg in stand up- 65-35 Rampage
the other 3 - 85-15 Couture

Randy wins 7 outta 10 maybe 8

I love this sport cause Houston can catch Jardine and Jardine can catch forrest and BJ penn can gas and roger Huerta can catch Guida after 2 rounds of domination and and Mir can ankle hook Lessnar who looked like he was going to smash his face flat. I LOVE MMA
Cdellorso
5/2/08 9:02:39PM
Why do u theing Randy moved up-

A - Cause Chuck was working hard and looking tough-
B- HE WAS GETTING OLDR AND WAS THINKING OF RETIREMENT
C -Tim Sylvia is a turd

LHW is stacked, however here is NO one that Randy cant hang with or beat- Randy seems better now than ever-

C'mon who besides Lidell and Page do you not think Randy absoloutely cannot beat- see my other post- ANY GIVEN SUNDAY - you know what i mean? Did you Pick Irvine to Beat Houston?? I didnt think Alves would beat Karo and i was the only one in my camp who picked Forrest to beat shogun-
NatedawgThaM
5/3/08 12:58:40AM
Rampage would completely own him.

Unlike Tito, Rampage is not your traditional wrestler. He does NOT shoot in so sprawling would be out of the question. Randy is a clinch fighter and a clinch fighter only who is lucky he can just jump out of nowhere and fight great fighters who take him lightly thinking he has nothing left. He didn't earn any title shot he's ever gotten IMHO.

Rampage is a clinch fighter too because he likes to brawl from the dirty boxing clinch and he likes to slam people in the clinch(see the Lindland fight). He is stronger then Randy so he'd be slamming Randy all over the place. His striking is better and so is his submission IMO.

Rampage 2nd round KO(Slam followed by striking for the finish)
chubbud22
5/3/08 1:31:22AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Unlike Tito, Rampage is not your traditional wrestler. He does NOT shoot in so sprawling would be out of the question. Randy is a clinch fighter and a clinch fighter only who is lucky he can just jump out of nowhere and fight great fighters who take him lightly thinking he has nothing left. He didn't earn any title shot he's ever gotten IMHO.

Rampage is a clinch fighter too because he likes to brawl from the dirty boxing clinch and he likes to slam people in the clinch(see the Lindland fight). He is stronger then Randy so he'd be slamming Randy all over the place. His striking is better and so is his submission IMO.

Well Randy drew out with Jacare in a sub match so I diagree on the better sub opinion and Randy's boxing is nothing to sneeze at. And just cause Rampage threw Lindland around does not mean he would do that to Randy; Randy has tossed around bigger guys than Rampage(Sylvia GG). I think Randy has an all around better game and would Beat Rampage via UD.
ICSlegend
5/3/08 12:28:48PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Well Randy drew out with Jacare in a sub match so I diagree on the better sub opinion and Randy's boxing is nothing to sneeze at. And just cause Rampage threw Lindland around does not mean he would do that to Randy; Randy has tossed around bigger guys than Rampage(Sylvia GG). I think Randy has an all around better game and would Beat Rampage via UD.

Gotta agree with NateDawg here.

Randy drew with Jacare How much of a size/strenght advantage did Randy have?

Randy's striking has gotten better, but it's still way behind Jackson's. Just watch his last fight with Liddell. That's the definition of OUTCLASSED. I think Randy can beat Liddell on any given night as well, just not like that, his boxing is nowhere near good enough.

And how easily we forget, Couture is not a world class wrestler. He didn't even make the Olympic team (other than as alternate, because he wasn't good enough to compete, and didn't even get to be an alternate the last time he tried out), whereas Lindland got a silver medal. Lindland's wrestling is better than Randy's.

Randy does nothing better than Rampage in MMA. I just don't see how he can win this one. Making it to a decision would be surprising.
mrsmiley
5/3/08 2:30:04PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Completely agree. Rampage would be too aggresive and powerful for Couture to handle.