Dream Match: Martin Kampmann Vs Michael Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dream Match: Martin Kampmann Vs Michael Bisping
loller90278
5/20/08 2:49:36AM
i would love joe silva if he were to make this match up. i could actually see this happening if both fighters win their bouts. my question is who do you think will win this fight? both are pretty decent kickboxers, with decent ground games. As for me, i see the stand up being virtually identical, and giving the ground war to kampmann.

How do you see this fight going?
89vision
5/20/08 3:10:26AM
Kampmann is better at everything, striking, chin, ground, Kampmann 1st Round KO
Pookie
5/20/08 3:32:13AM
Kampmann by UD
Kpro
5/20/08 3:36:52AM
I think Bisping's strength advantage would nab him the UD. He could maintain top control against Kampmann no problem and has yet to show susceptibility to Sub's or TKO's, only to stronger wrestlers.
Red-Dragon
5/20/08 8:48:42AM

Posted by 89vision

Bispings never been KO'd so I don't think you can discount his chin. Also I think he would have a strength advantage.

Would be a good fight though.
johnnybravo
5/20/08 10:00:31AM
I think Bisping would probably win a decision here. As said previously they are pretty much identical and I think Bispings high work rate would be the difference, giving him the advantage in the judges decision.

I certainly can’t see him getting ko’d or submitted by Kampmann.
mrkennedy
5/20/08 10:43:10AM
everybody said that kampmann is a good kickboxer but vs thales leites he get cut and he fall and vs mcfedries same thing and vs bisping he gone a get knocked
mrkennedy
5/20/08 10:44:49AM

Posted by 89vision

are you kiding me man
bullettdodger
5/20/08 2:55:13PM

Posted by mrkennedy

everybody said that kampmann is a good kickboxer but vs thales leites he get cut and he fall and vs mcfedries same thing and vs bisping he gone a get knocked

are YOU kidding ME man? He destroyed Mcfedries with an awesome ARM triangle choke. Bisping is still relatively mediocre in my opinion... its not really even a question to me, great fight but Kampmann takes this.
gravy13
5/20/08 3:13:14PM
Bisping would overwhelm Kampmann. 2nd Round TKO.
DevonFoxy
5/20/08 4:37:30PM
If those bombs Drew threw did not knock out Kampmann I don't think anything Bisping has will bother Kampmann. I think Kampmann has the advantage in everything as well perhaps wrestling not as much but I feel confident that if Bisping gets Kampmann down he can sweep Bisping and finish the fight there if not on the feet. Not taking anything away from Bisping but I just see this being a very hard match for him because anything he throws at will get absorbed so.....
Kampmann by pretty much anything he wants.
loller90278
5/20/08 5:24:51PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by mrkennedy

are YOU kidding ME man? He destroyed Mcfedries with an awesome triangle choke. Bisping is still relatively mediocre in my opinion... its not really even a question to me, great fight but Kampmann takes this.

i agree with you on these points, but ima get knitpicky and say that it was an arm triangle, not just a regular triangle
Jackelope
5/20/08 7:08:21PM
Bisping's striking has always lacked power, IMO. Even at 185 he didn't seem to have 1 hit KO power. He also doesn't seem to work the angles right (always striking the head when the body is wide open) I think Kampmann kicks much better, has a lot more power strikes, and has the footwork to stand and trade all day with Bisping.

Great fight, but I go with Kampmann by UD. As was mentioned earlier the only advantage Bisping has is wrestling.
whardin19
5/20/08 7:36:50PM
Even though I'm not a huge Bisping fan I see him taking this fight. Kampmann has had a long layoff. Not sure he could handle Bispings speed either. Bisping is lighting quick. I think Bisping would win this fight with some solid ground and pound.
bullettdodger
5/20/08 9:38:26PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by mrkennedy

are YOU kidding ME man? He destroyed Mcfedries with an awesome triangle choke. Bisping is still relatively mediocre in my opinion... its not really even a question to me, great fight but Kampmann takes this.

i agree with you on these points, but ima get knitpicky and say that it was an arm triangle, not just a regular triangle

edited and i did know that, i dunno why i didn't type it as that
NatedawgThaM
5/20/08 10:31:43PM
I'd go Bisping TKO in the 2nd. Who knows though, when Bisping beats Day and if Kampman wins his next fight this dream could come true and would make a lot of sense! A very fun fight to watch that's for sure when it does happen. Both look like the futures of the division and are pretty beastly wherever the fight goes with Bisping's pretty decent wrestling/go sprawl, good sub defense and great hands now that he's dropped down that are > then his fat/slow hands at 205 and Kampman is a good kickboxer with good JJ. Awesome fight though, I'd love to see this!!!

I just say Bisping TKO/KO in the second since Kampman's chin is still a little suspect to me. Drew rocked him but just gassed and does not have much of a ground game. I think Bisping would rock him on the feet and would sprawl out of I imagine Kampman's not so steller takedowns and could finish him in the second plus he has better cardio then Mcfedries. An awesome fight though. one I'd pay to see!!!
Jackelope
5/20/08 10:47:06PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'd go Bisping TKO in the 2nd. Who knows though, when Bisping beats Day and if Kampman wins his next fight this dream could come true and would make a lot of sense! A very fun fight to watch that's for sure when it does happen. Both look like the futures of the division and are pretty beastly wherever the fight goes with Bisping's pretty decent wrestling/go sprawl, good sub defense and great hands now that he's dropped down that are > then his fat/slow hands at 205 and Kampman is a good kickboxer with good JJ. Awesome fight though, I'd love to see this!!!

I just say Bisping TKO/KO in the second since Kampman's chin is still a little suspect to me. Drew rocked him but just gassed and does not have much of a ground game. I think Bisping would rock him on the feet and would sprawl out of I imagine Kampman's not so steller takedowns and could finish him in the second plus he has better cardio then Mcfedries. An awesome fight though. one I'd pay to see!!!

Kampmann has been at Xtreme Couture since before the knee injury, so I'd imagine his takedowns and takedown defense have VASTLY improved since his fight with McFedries. Not to mention his wrestling in general.

Still, though... Bisping has one of the greatest abilities to get the fight back standing in the UFC, IMO. I know that won't be a very popular sentence here on the playground, but he had no problem getting up against Hamill and Evans. That's worth something.
NatedawgThaM
5/20/08 10:56:08PM

Posted by Jackelope

Kampmann has been at Xtreme Couture since before the knee injury, so I'd imagine his takedowns and takedown defense have VASTLY improved since his fight with McFedries. Not to mention his wrestling in general.

Still, though... Bisping has one of the greatest abilities to get the fight back standing in the UFC, IMO. I know that won't be a very popular sentence here on the playground, but he had no problem getting up against Hamill and Evans. That's worth something.

I see your point and see where your coming from but it's just even Rashad who as boring as he is after the takedown, has some of the best wrestling in MMA period and he had trouble taking Bisping down. And he does not look like the strongest guys so like you said if Hamil and Rashad couldn't keep him down, I just can't see him doing that. His takedowns are probably at least decent, maybe even good but greatness is where you'll need to be to take him down on a consistent basis. It's just he does not look like the takedown kind of guy, as far as I can remembered, he's been taken down before he's showed his good JJ. He might have taken Drew or Thales down but my memory of those fights is a little fuzzy right now.

Will be a sick fight though that's for sure...