Rua by tko 9% (5)
Silva by tko 56% (31)
Rua by submission 2% (1)
Silva by submission 5% (3)
Rua by decision 15% (8)
Silva by decision 13% (7)
Pookie
2/6/08 1:19:36PM
Shogun is small for LHW and could make the drop to MW if he tried too.
How would he stack up against Anderson silva?

They fight in very similar manners, who has the better Muay Thai, and BJJ?
loller90278
2/6/08 3:01:52PM
i'd give it easily to anderson silvas.. hes too quick and too precise with his punches while shogun is the exact opposite
fullerene
2/6/08 3:25:04PM
I dobut they would fight and it might be boring if they did since they were part of the same camp for many years. I agree that Shogun should be vulnerable to a sharp counterpuncher. At the same time, he has more weight than Anderson Silva and is too good and active on the ground to be subbed by him IMO. Shogun by decision is very possible and Shogun by KO is not out of the question either. But I see a lot of the "great strikers" who actually have looping punches and leave lots of openings on defense (Liddell, W Silva, Shogun) are starting to get exposed by guys who throw straight punches and keep their hands up and that's my call on this one, too. Silva by late KO.
Pookie
2/6/08 3:38:57PM
Crappy technique? i dont see that at all.
candynuts
2/6/08 3:49:16PM
I always thought Shogun had trouble making 205?
Mayhem13
2/6/08 4:04:10PM
not too sure how it would end up..I have a feeling Silv awould win by Triangle though...I know Shogun isnt easy to catch in a submission...but for some reason I see it happening
Pookie
2/6/08 4:21:40PM

Posted by candynuts

I always thought Shogun had trouble making 205?

He might , he looks like he could cut to 185...

He has mini cro-cop thighs though so who knows...
seanfu
2/6/08 4:38:33PM
Silva is no 20 pound cutter either and Shogun would be immensely strong and dominate the decision.
The only reason Shogun wouldn't finish the fight would be because the lack of leg strikes to the head of a downed opponent.
roger
2/8/08 2:40:39AM
Anderson silva is the best fighter i've seen in a long time and don'y think anyone's taking his belt from him
RMFG_187
2/13/08 6:00:09PM
Spider Rnd 2 KO (spinning back fist) lol
Pookie
2/13/08 7:47:36PM

Posted by seanfu

Silva is no 20 pound cutter either and Shogun would be immensely strong and dominate the decision.
The only reason Shogun wouldn't finish the fight would be because the lack of leg strikes to the head of a downed opponent.

actually silva is a 30 pound cutter , he gets real big in between fights
mkiv9secsupra
2/13/08 10:12:06PM

Posted by seanfu

Shogun would be immensely strong and dominate the decision.

Franklin is a monster of a 185lb'er and that didnt help him a bit against Anderson. Shogun has poor wrestling so his strength wouldnt really benefit him too much.

Anderson is better at everything than Shogun except for power. Anderson would tko him in the first round.
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/08 10:21:43PM
wrong time to ask this question imo. people's view will be skewed slightly since everybody sees silva as untouchable while shogun was overrated. i guarantee you that if you asked this after the hendo fight and after the shogun/liddell fight the answers would be different. people are going to be very biased right now whether they know it or not due to what we in psychology call an availability heuristic.
mkiv9secsupra
2/13/08 10:27:21PM

Posted by Pookie

Shogun is small for LHW

how is 6'1'' 205lbs small? wandy is 5'11'' and Forrest Griffin is 6'3''.

Seems Shogun is average for this weight class.
cmill21
2/13/08 10:30:14PM
What this is crazy 27 for a tko win? lol. Shogun would win by some sort of leg lock IMHO.
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/08 10:32:30PM

Posted by cmill21

What this is crazy 27 for a tko win? lol. Shogun would win by some sort of leg lock IMHO.

read my post, i said this was a bad time to ask the question because people are set that silva is this unstoppable wrecking machine and forget that shogun ran through everyone in the division at one point. i picked shogun as well, perfect example of an availability heuristic.
cmill21
2/13/08 10:42:23PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by cmill21

read my post, i said this was a bad time to ask the question because people are set that silva is this unstoppable wrecking machine and forget that shogun ran through everyone in the division at one point. i picked shogun as well, perfect example of an availability heuristic.

I did read your post, and I agree. Me and you are on the same page lately
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/08 10:42:56PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by cmill21

I did read your post, and I agree. Me and you are on the same page lately

what can i say...great minds think alike
Pookie
2/14/08 1:05:21AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Pookie

Shogun is small for LHW

how is 6'1'' 205lbs small? wandy is 5'11'' and Forrest Griffin is 6'3''.

Seems Shogun is average for this weight class.

Height isnt what i was referring to as it is a terrible way to compare size.

If kendall grove moved to Light heavyweight he'd be really small in that division although hes 6'5/6'6
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/29/08 1:42:43AM
I see Silva beating him the same way Forrest did. RNC
Pookie
5/9/10 5:44:17AM

wrong time to ask this question imo. people's view will be skewed slightly since everybody sees silva as untouchable while shogun was overrated. i guarantee you that if you asked this after the hendo fight and after the shogun/liddell fight the answers would be different. people are going to be very biased right now whether they know it or not due to what we in psychology call an availability heuristic.

So... how bout now
mshalosky
5/11/10 8:50:56PM

I agree that 27 people saying shogun would get KOed is ridiculous. But at the same time I think you are a fool if you really beleive shogun would submit silva. I dont understand where this whole shogun having nasty Subs has come from. The only person shogun has submitted is Randleman, who doesnt exactly have the best Sub defence. I think it would probably be a close decision that could go either way. I could be wrong on this, Shogun could have fought in tons of grappling tournaments before his career in mma. I just think he is overhyped on the ground.
mshalosky
5/11/10 8:59:09PM
I looked it up and shogun was farely successful mainly at the blue belt level but also at the purple belt level. I dont think he transfers that vary much to mma. Still to me picking him to sub Silva is foolish