DREAM LWGP

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DREAM LWGP
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Mayhem13
3/10/08 11:19:04PM
and my final picks are. ( i cant change them from here on out..haha)

Aoki by rnd 1 sub
Kawajiri rnd 1 sub (gonna rock mamba, and he will give up his back)
Miyata by decision
Hansen by decision
Dida by rnd 1TKO
Cro Cop by rnd 1 TKO
Jung by rnd 1 Sub
Artur by decision
Sakurai by decsion

parlay bets.....I dunno..if I put Miyata, Dida, and Jung on one I have HUGE profit potential....but it scares me..haha..
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 11:23:27PM
this may sound dumb but...the rounds are 10 min like PRIDE right? if they aren't then i might need to change my picks.
Mayhem13
3/10/08 11:31:49PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

this may sound dumb but...the rounds are 10 min like PRIDE right? if they aren't then i might need to change my picks.

I dont know, I didnt think about that actually.....if so I may have to change some as well...not quite as many decisions if they are.
hotrodttt
3/10/08 11:43:13PM

Yeah they are Bushido Rules, One 10 Minute Round and then a 5 Minute Round
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 11:44:24PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah they are Bushido Rules, One 10 Minute Round and then a 5 Minute Round

thanks for the info...i will now look over my picks again
hotrodttt
3/10/08 11:48:31PM

Posted by Mayhem13

and my final picks are. ( i cant change them from here on out..haha)

Aoki by rnd 2 sub
Kawajiri rnd 1 sub (gonna rock mamba, and he will give up his back)
Miyata by decision
Hansen by decision
Dida by rnd 2 TKO
Cro Cop by rnd 1 TKO
Jung by rnd 2 Sub
Artur by decision
Sakurai by decsion

parlay bets.....I dunno..if I put Miyata, Dida, and Jung on one I have HUGE profit potential....but it scares me..haha..

Here are my Picks

JZ Calvancanti via Unanimous Decision
Kawajiri via 1st Round T(KO)
Miyata via Unanimous Decision
Hellboy Hansen via Unanimous Decision
Andre Dida via Unanimous Decision
Mirko Cro Cop via 1st Roudn T(KO)
Ishida via 1st Round T(KO)
Nagata via Unanimous Decision
Mach Sakurai via 1st Round T(KO)

jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 11:53:47PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Here are my Picks

similar to my picks except that i didn't pick the Nagata fight yet (struggling with it so badly) but everything else is similar. i hope my good season track record and your career record will mean that we are right
Mayhem13
3/10/08 11:56:12PM
this event has me scared. haha..

I am 5th in points and 3rd in earnings...so I want to make sure I stay up there
hotrodttt
3/10/08 11:58:12PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Here are my Picks

similar to my picks except that i didn't pick the Nagata fight yet (struggling with it so badly) but everything else is similar. i hope my good season track record and your career record will mean that we are right

The Nagata Fight for me is a no brainer, A typical Sambo Fighter going against an Olympic Gold Medalist Wrestler. I think Nagata takes him down and holds him there
hotrodttt
3/11/08 12:01:06AM

Posted by Mayhem13

this event has me scared. haha..

I am 5th in points and 3rd in earnings...so I want to make sure I stay up there

Yeah me to I'm # 21 in Points and # 7 in Earnings despite after having only 33 Points for World Victory Road. I'm still mad 9 Times out of 10 Takimoto wins that fight easily and Neto disappointed me
Mayhem13
3/11/08 12:04:49AM
Neto screwed me over to. him and Michael Johnson both.

and yep. Takimoto was my only miss on WVR...and by submission!!?!?! what the freak
hotrodttt
3/11/08 12:10:00AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Neto screwed me over to. him and Michael Johnson both.

and yep. Takimoto was my only miss on WVR...and by submission!!?!?! what the freak

Yeah I thought he would've become a Dong Sik Yoon type of Fighters with Excellent Judo and Slick Submissions
Mayhem13
3/11/08 12:16:33AM
haha same here..

I have a feeling a am not gonna stay at the top of the 2ndary league for long...this event and the next 2 have too many close calls..haha

and do they give out badges for top 3 event earnings/points like they for the main league? or just season
hotrodttt
3/11/08 12:20:59AM

Posted by Mayhem13

haha same here..

I have a feeling a am not gonna stay at the top of the 2ndary league for long...this event and the next 2 have too many close calls..haha

and do they give out badges for top 3 event earnings/points like they for the main league? or just season

Yeah most are close but I have a Strong I dea of who will win, if you need any help with your Picks just pm me. They give badges for The Top Earner for Points and Earnings for 1 Event then at the end of the Season the Top 10 for both get Badges
Mayhem13
3/11/08 12:25:30AM
sounds good.. I am gonna get me one of those badges this season. haha

yeah I have an idea of who will win most of them (i think haha)...the only one giving me major trouble in Dream is the damn Dida fight...I think he is more aggressive and has fought the 10 minute round before and should win...but Alverez is bigger, taller, and stronger...which can be a big difference in the standup game.
hotrodttt
3/11/08 12:30:36AM

Posted by Mayhem13

yeah I have an idea of who will win most of them (i think haha)...the only one giving me major trouble in Dream is the damn Dida fight...I think he is more aggressive and has fought the 10 minute round before and should win...but Alverez is bigger, taller, and stronger...which can be a big difference in the standup game.

Yeah but cutting all of that weight makes him loose Cardio and he is used to being the quicker Fighter and he's not in this Fight and I think Dida will catch him by Suprise and get the Decision. Just how nobody knew who Andre was when he faught Uno but I knew he had skills from following Heroes. I think it will play out to that effect.
emfleek
3/11/08 8:48:20AM
Anyone know if this will be televised?

HDNet, maybe?
pv3Hpv3p
3/11/08 11:32:59AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Mayhem13

Yeah but cutting all of that weight makes him loose Cardio and he is used to being the quicker Fighter and he's not in this Fight and I think Dida will catch him by Suprise and get the Decision. Just how nobody knew who Andre was when he faught Uno but I knew he had skills from following Heroes. I think it will play out to that effect.

In all fairness, the knock on Eddie at 170 was that he was too small and could be even suited to fighting at 155... I was listening to his interview on Beatdown a while back, right after his lose to Thompson (who's a gigantic WW) and TJ and Josh were asking him about moving down and the like... But he said that he liked fighting bigger guys and didn't feel they had any real strength advantage over him, etc...

Anyways with all that being said, I don't see him ever really fighting at 155 but 160 could be the perfect weight for him... He's showed that he's grown in his last couple of fights, utilizing his good TD's along with his solid standup...

Don't mean to sound like I'm all up on Alverez's nuts, but I'll be watching out for this kid in this tournament...
hotrodttt
3/11/08 10:02:09PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Mayhem13

In all fairness, the knock on Eddie at 170 was that he was too small and could be even suited to fighting at 155... I was listening to his interview on Beatdown a while back, right after his lose to Thompson (who's a gigantic WW) and TJ and Josh were asking him about moving down and the like... But he said that he liked fighting bigger guys and didn't feel they had any real strength advantage over him, etc...

Anyways with all that being said, I don't see him ever really fighting at 155 but 160 could be the perfect weight for him... He's showed that he's grown in his last couple of fights, utilizing his good TD's along with his solid standup...

Don't mean to sound like I'm all up on Alverez's nuts, but I'll be watching out for this kid in this tournament...

Yeah the cut isn't to 161 like Pride, the cut is to 154 so that'll be a horrible cut for him.
hotrodttt
3/11/08 10:29:24PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Mayhem13

Yeah but cutting all of that weight makes him loose Cardio and he is used to being the quicker Fighter and he's not in this Fight and I think Dida will catch him by Suprise and get the Decision. Just how nobody knew who Andre was when he faught Uno but I knew he had skills from following Heroes. I think it'll play out to that effect.

Also Eddie is used to being the faster more agile striker which he isn't in this fight, I mean he looked Great in the Aaron Riley Fight where he just dropped him in the 1st couple of seconds and finished him off with a beautiful barrage of punches but he showed me weaknesses in 2 of his Fights, When he faught Hanazawa and when of course the Goat finished him. When he faught Hanazawa he was easily put on his back and controled but he was so explosive at 170 that he was able to get up which is the explosivness that I think he'll loose against Andre. And in the Nick Thompson Fight, it seems that when he goes up against good competition he gets really tentative like he ins't the same Fighter as we saw against Matt Lee and Ebanes. I don't think he has been the same fighter since then. And I don't think he'll be able to take Andre down because he has never showed me a Good Takedown.
Kpro
3/11/08 10:34:50PM

Posted by emfleek

Anyone know if this will be televised?

HDNet, maybe?

No arrangements in place. With 4 days to go I'm guessing it won't come to fruition.

First fight appears to be at 3pm on Saturday, March 15th in Japan.

Which means to follow Play-By-Play in America would start at 11pm Friday night for West-coasters or 2am Saturday morning for East-coasters assuming someone was updating live PBP in English.
hotrodttt
3/11/08 10:45:40PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Mayhem13

Eddie has also never faught a better Striker than him so I think that Andre's Superior Striking will play to an effect
jiujitsufreak74
3/11/08 11:15:32PM
here are my picks as of now...they are subject to change mind you:

JZ 2nd (T)KO (maybe UD i might change it)
Kawajiri UD (might be KO in 1st...but most likely it will stay UD for me)
Frimino 1st Sub
Hansen 1st (T)KO (possible submission here)
Amade 2nd (T)KO
CC 1st (T)KO
Ishida UD
Nagata UD
Sakurai 1st (T)KO (could be UD)
hotrodttt
3/11/08 11:42:04PM

here are my picks as of now...they are subject to change mind you:

JZ 2nd (T)KO (maybe UD i might change it)
Kawajiri UD (might be KO in 1st...but most likely it will stay UD for me)
Frimino 1st Sub
Hansen 1st (T)KO (possible submission here)
Amade 2nd (T)KO
CC 1st (T)KO
Ishida UD
Nagata UD
Sakurai 1st (T)KO (could be UD)

Yeah I think that Shinya will do all he can do to not get finished like flop to his back so he'll likely loose the Unanimous Decision, Buscape is a very risky Pick and I think Boku is a Good enough Fighter to not get Finished. Also I don't think Kultar gets 4 Mintues into the Fight because Kawajiri is just on a whole other level. Solid Picks all around
cmill21
3/12/08 1:32:11AM
I'm wondering what we'll see since Cro Cop's fighting a new opponent. I hope we see two guys added to the LW tourney.
hotrodttt
3/12/08 2:12:25AM

Posted by cmill21

I'm wondering what we'll see since Cro Cop's fighting a new opponent. I hope we see two guys added to the LW tourney.

It'll be a Great Fight for Cro Cop, I'll give Mizumo 2 Minutes or Less and I hope they add someone like Nakakura who is a gy, rat that always stays in shape so they could give him a few days and he'd fight. He'd definatly make it past the 1st Round of the Tourny.
hotrodttt
3/12/08 2:16:02AM
A guy like Eiji Mitsuoaka would be a great addition in that he has great Wrestling not quite up to Miyata or Nagata but It's solid and he has some slick submissions and has devastating Leg Kicks.
hotrodttt
3/13/08 12:47:39AM
I have yet another change in my picks, I now have Buscape pulling out a submission in the 1st. Buscape has seemed a bit passive with his Jui Jitsu against opponents who wil let him, but Miyata won't let him. He'll take Buscape down and most Likely get put into a Trinagle Choke.
Mayhem13
3/13/08 12:58:20AM
I think I am sticking with Miyata...but these are hard picks..almost everyone of them..except the Kawajiri pick is tough calls for me..
Svartorm
3/13/08 2:41:27AM
I hear ya. I haven't agonized over a card like this in awhile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3