DREAM 9 Live Results/Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » DREAM 9 Live Results/Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:03:00AM
at mayhems entrance
DCRage
5/26/09 9:08:12AM
Read about it and...well...I...5th.
Ordep
5/26/09 9:11:33AM
what happened with the entrance?.... I was looking at some MLB score and stats at that moment
DCRage
5/26/09 9:12:33AM
Speaking of which, AP and other outlets have already done write-ups on Canseco. As for Miller, I heard he came out with roughly 10 Japanese schoolgirls. Souza came out with...something I read about an inflatable of plastic alligator.

Actually, an animated alligator for Souza.
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:16:54AM

Posted by DCRage

Speaking of which, AP and other outlets have already done write-ups on Canseco. As for Miller, I heard he came out with roughly 10 Japanese schoolgirls. Souza came out with...something I read about an inflatable of plastic alligator.

Ya Mayhem led a bunch of japanese school girls in a dance , Jacare didnt come with an alligator, just a huge one on screen while he clapped his hands like an alligator biting.
mentalcase
5/26/09 9:18:30AM
jacare came out in an inflatable alligator suit
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:20:28AM
An illegal kick on the ground has cut souza on the head. It has been stopped twice in the first to have the cut checked. Jacare and Mayhem exchanged some hostile words at the second stop.
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:22:35AM
FIGHT IS A NO CONTEST DUE TO ACCIDENTAL KICK WHICH HAS RESULTED IN AN UNSTOPPABLE CUT.

Bowen50
5/26/09 9:23:11AM
the rules with cuts in Japan are absolutely pathetic. i am beyond pissed off right now. pathetic is really the only way to describe the decision to end the fight. garbage, absolute garbage.
Ordep
5/26/09 9:24:16AM
NC

at least I didn't wait for 5 am and just woke up for that fight
lohmann
5/26/09 9:24:48AM
Does this change the hot bout, or is the event left without one?
Kpro
5/26/09 9:24:50AM
For how lax Japan is on sanctioning fights, and allowing blows that are illegal elsewhere; they're ability to continue a fight after any cut is pathetic.
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:26:36AM
What a disapointing way to end the event. Finished 3-5 with 33 points and a f'd parlay (miller-jacare fight will not be counted due to nc). Besides that, it was pretty entertaining.
DCRage
5/26/09 9:27:41AM

Posted by lohmann

Does this change the hot bout, or is the event left without one?

WIthout one. The official rule on No Contests is that if that happens, the entire fight is thrown out. It'll be removed from the picks and wagers before scores are tabulated.
Wolfenstein
5/26/09 9:29:24AM
Wow that probably screwed over just about everyone's parlay on the final event.
Kpro
5/26/09 9:30:39AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

What a disapointing way to end the event. Finished 3-5 with 33 points

Same, and up about $400. Someone remind me why I put $4k for $7200 on Bibiano/KID please, when I could've put $4k for $6400 on Bibano alone.
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:34:43AM
For those just waking up, here's the recap:

Super Hulk semi finals will be:

Minowa (beat Sapp by ankle lock in 1st)
Choi (beat Conseco by sub due to strikes in 1st)
Sokoudjou (tko in first)
Mousasi (kimura in first)

FW semis will be:

Tokoro (RNC in 2nd)
Streetfight Bancho (tko in 1st)
Fernandes (decision)
Warren (split decision)

Kawijiri beat JZ by decision.

MW title fight was NC due to cut from illegal kick from miller.
Kpro
5/26/09 9:34:54AM
Mousasi/Soko and Minowa/HMC are the second round pairings.
lohmann
5/26/09 9:37:04AM
5-3, 53 points with around $7000 won. Decent event.

I hope the next DREAM has more to offer. Sengoku is blowing their tournament away with exciting fights. The field left is Warren (new), Tokoro (who lost the first round), Takaya (who will remain a heavy underdog), and Fernandes (the obvious favorite). I'm just not interested in this tournament anymore.
DCRage
5/26/09 9:39:54AM
Better question: Will there be a DREAM 10? This could wind up being all for them if the ratings don't deliver, among other things.
Kpro
5/26/09 9:41:38AM

Posted by lohmann

5-3, 53 points with around $7000 won. Decent event.

I hope the next DREAM has more to offer. Sengoku is blowing their tournament away with exciting fights. The field left is Warren (new), Tokoro (who lost the first round), Takaya (who will remain a heavy underdog), and Fernandes (the obvious favorite). I'm just not interested in this tournament anymore.

I wouldn't call the fights unexciting or uninteresting; it's rare to see 4 underdogs advance to the final 4. That' holds my interest right there.
Wolfenstein
5/26/09 9:44:28AM
True, was definetely an unpredictable card, so that makes it interesting. But the youth and talent in Sengoku with guys like Omigawa, Sandro, and Hioki...I think it's a more interesting cast.

Looking forward to seeing more of Joe Warren though--I don't think anyone left in the tournament can deal with his wrestling and standup.
Franklinfan47
5/26/09 9:44:29AM
I dont think Dreams done just yet. Sure, some things didnt go their way, but this is the most interest ive ever taken in a dream event, and I cant wait for their next show. Hopefully their ratings are ok.
ncordless
5/26/09 9:52:07AM
Joe Warren has beaten Chase Beebe and Kid Yamamoto in his first two pro fights. Doesn't anyone else think that is more than a little impressive?

Also, a parley of Bibiano, Takaya and Kawajiri was the most ridiculous combination of odds ever. I put 450 down for 27000 and I am sure that there were others who saw it and had more to bet.
Jackelope
5/26/09 9:56:40AM

Posted by ncordless

Joe Warren has beaten Chase Beebe and Kid Yamamoto in his first two pro fights. Doesn't anyone else think that is more than a little impressive?

LOL, slightly. I was wondering where the uproar is about Kid getting beat? This is the Fedor or Anderson Silva of lightweights. The fall of a King, almost literally. I'm surprised he lost a decision in Japan, to be honest!
Kpro
5/26/09 10:04:06AM

Posted by ncordless

Also, a parley of Bibiano, Takaya and Kawajiri was the most ridiculous combination of odds ever. I put 450 down for 27000 and I am sure that there were others who saw it and had more to bet.

HotRodTTT did that parlay to win about $150k I know.

Depends who had the balls to put Joe Warren instead of Bibiano or Kawajiri to see who really hit the big time.
grappler0000
5/26/09 10:10:47AM

Posted by ncordless

I originally had Warren, Takaya, and Kawajiri...just tweaked it last night and could cry now.
DCRage
5/26/09 10:15:24AM
Choi-Canseco video's already up:

http://www.myvideofight.com/Other/Hong-Man-Choi-vs-Jose-Canseco-DREAM-9

Skip to about the 5:10 mark for start of fight. (Jose actually wasn't a terrible fighter, a couple of good shots)
Jackelope
5/26/09 10:24:51AM

Posted by DCRage

Choi-Canseco video's already up:

http://www.myvideofight.com/Other/Hong-Man-Choi-vs-Jose-Canseco-DREAM-9

Skip to about the 5:10 mark for start of fight. (Jose actually wasn't a terrible fighter, a couple of good shots)

Looks like he busted his knee up on that side kick. Choi is a freaking beast, man. Dude looks like some kind of monster from a fantasy book out there, lol
hotrodttt
5/26/09 11:11:52AM
350,000 $ Parlay for the Win
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7