Dream 4 Live Play by Play, Results and Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Dream 4 Live Play by Play, Results and Discussion
Next Page »
hotrodttt
6/14/08 11:57:29PM
I'll do it like I did last time

Shinya Aoki (Pictures) vs. Katsuhiko Nagata (Pictures)
Round 1
Aoki trips Nagata to the canvas but can not hold him down. Nagata stands but is tripped roughly to the ground with a body lock. Aoki wastes little time in advancing to the mount, where he patiently controls the head and throws the occasional right hand. Aoki switches to a guillotine from the dominant position, which Nagata defends easily. Still in the mount position, Aoki sneaks his foot in front of Nagata's throat, pulls the head forward and forces a tapout by an extremely impressive gogoplata. He finished the technique while still in mount. The official time is 5:12 of the first.

Alistair Overeem (Pictures) vs. Tae Hyun Lee (Pictures)
Round 1
Overeem attacks the lead leg with an inside low kick. Overeem looks as if he hurts himself throwing another, but he seems fine. Overeem steps forward and lands a three piece with a biscuit -- a right, left, right combination followed by a knee -- that sends Lee face-first to the canvas at the 0:36 mark of round one.

Ralek Gracie (Pictures) vs. Alavutdin Gadzhiyev (Pictures)
Round 1
Gadzhiyev takes the top position after Gracie attempted a trip. He punches Gracie and stands back to his feet. Gracie follows. Gracie lands a front kick and charges with his head down looking for a takedown. He muscles Gadzhiyev to the floor and effortless takes the mount. He smoothly secures a limb and executes an armbar. Gadzhiyev clearly taps but complains about the stoppage.

Hideo Tokoro (Pictures) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (Pictures)
Round 1
Tokoro lands a perfectly timed knee that drops Uyenoyama to the canvas. Tokoro pounces but ends up on the bottom working from his guard. Tokoro looks for an armabr but Uyenoyama has none of it. Uyenoyama briefly looks for an ankle lock but he gives it up. Tokoro stands and is rocked by strikes. He stands and answers back as the fighters go toe-to-toe in the center of the ring. Tokoro again drops Uyenoyama with a hard knee. He tries to finish his opponent off, but Uyenoyama hangs on and recovers. From the four-point position, Tokoro scores with another devastating knee. The first round is all Tokoro.

Round 2
Uyenoyama starts the second frame strong but is taken down by a quick single. Uyenoyama stands and lands a head kick just as he is hit with a right hand. The fighters scramble and Uyenoyama ends up on top. He strikes the head with both hands and works in some leather to the ribcage. Tokoro stads up and blasts Uyenoyama with a left and a right. Uyenoyama scores a takedown and lands a right as time expires. Good fight. Sherdog.com sees Tokoro as the winner. All three judges agree and award Tokoro with the unanimous decision.

Gegard Mousasi (Pictures) vs. Dong Sik Yoon (Pictures)
Round 1
Yoon trades punches with Mousasi and takes him down with a single-leg. Mousasi gets to his feet and is caught in a standing kimura. Mousasi stays patient and knees the hamstring and punches the head. The referee restarts the action after the stalemate. Mousasi attacks the lead leg of Yoon with three low kicks. Mousasi stuffs a weak shot and briefly takes Yoon's back. He strikes the head of his opponent then moves to half-guard after Yoon rolls over. Mousasi stands and knocks Yoon down with a knee on the chin. Yoon quickly recovers and gets full-guard. Yoon goes for a heel hook but gives up side-control for his effort. Yoon rolls over and gives his back. Yoon slips out the back door and works for an armbar. He has the position secured but he can't free Mousasi's grip. Mousasi eventually escapes into side-control, where he knees the body. Interesting round. Mousasi controlled much of the round but was close to being finished.

Round 2
Yoon lands an uppercut that backs Mousasi up. Yoon drops levels for a single but Mousasi easily defends and takes Yoon's back. Mousasi controls the left wrist and punches the head with his right hand. Mousasi locks on a body-triangle from the back position. Mousasi continues to punch away at Yoon's head for several minutes. Mousasi should easily take the fight on the judges' scorecards. Gegard Mousasi takes the unanimous decision.

Zelg Galesic (Pictures) vs. Taiei Kin (Pictures)
Round 1
Kin comes out swinging. Zelg ties him up and trips him to the canvas. Kin tried to brace his fall with his right arm and ends up dislocating his elbow. The replay is hard to watch as the arm bends at a severely awkward angle. The fight is stopped.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (Pictures) vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Round 1
"Jacare" rushes in with punches and trips Miller to the canvas after catching a leg. "Mayhem" gets back to his feet but is dragged back down. "Jacare" passes to half-guard and then side-control. The Brazilian moves to mount but is quickly reversed. "Jacare" goes for a heel hook but Miller defends and gets to his feet. A straight right hand from "Jacare" finds its target. "Jacare" quickly takes Miller down and begins to work from the Californian's guard. Miller sweeps but is again caught in a heel hook. He defends but is put on his back. "Jacare" transitions to Miller's back and applies a body-triangle. He returns to Miller's back and switches to an armbar that is defended. Back to the body-triangle goes "Jacare." Miller frees himself from danger and throws a right before going to Jacare's half-guard. Miller tries to pass and look for a guillotine as "Jacare" stood, but fails.

Round 2

"Jacare" attacks with a head kick that misses before going to the clinch. "Jacare" attempted a rolling kneebar but Miller is game. The fighters trade strikes on the feet with both landing. Miller lands a right hand to the body and head. With two minutes left in the round, "Mayhem" is the fresher fighter as he begins to piece together some effective kicks and punches. With one minute left, "Jacare" scores a takedown and hits the head. He advances to mount and takes Miller's back. "Mayhem" reverses before the bell sounds. A very hard fight to score, but Sherdog.com gives a slight edge to "Jacare." Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza takes the fight on all three judges' scorecards.

Kazushi Sakuraba (Pictures) vs. Melvin Manhoef (Pictures)
Round 1

Manhoef drops Sakuraba with a head kick and a right hand. He stands inside Sakuraba's guard, throwing hard punches to the head. Manhoef moves to side-control and lands several hammer fists to the head, which forces the referee to halt the bout very early in the first frame. Very impressive performance from Melvin Manhoef.

Results

Shinya Aoki Wins via 1st Round Gogoplata
Alistair Overeem Wins via 1st Round KO (Knees)
Ralek Gracie Wins via 1st Round Armbar
Hideo Tokoro Wins via Unanimous Decision
Gegard Mousasi Wins via Unanimous Decision
Zelg Galesic Wins via 1st Round TKO (Injury)
Jacare Wins via Unanimous Decision
Melvin Manhoef Wins via 1st Round KO (Head Kick and Punches)

89vision
6/14/08 11:58:41PM
ive been waiting since dream 3 to see this, hell yeah
Rush
6/14/08 11:59:34PM
I lose enough sleep with the baby these days. I'll check back tomorrow morning.
juanez13
6/15/08 12:00:26AM
what time does it start?
Mchubb316
6/15/08 12:00:34AM
Since I won't be able to sleep knowing a sweet MMA event is going on Iam gonna stay up and watch it live. Hope I make it.
gartface
6/15/08 12:01:22AM

Posted by juanez13

what time does it start?

4am EST.
hotrodttt
6/15/08 12:01:48AM

Posted by juanez13

what time does it start?

1 a.m. Pacific and 4 a.m. Eastern, Go take a nap and be back in 4 hours. That's what I'm doing
cmill21
6/15/08 12:10:48AM
I will be here all the way. I can't stand missing live events and watching replay's...I always ruin it by checking lol. I have stayed up for every dream and K-1 event broadcast live for the past few years so why stop now? lol.
loller90278
6/15/08 12:19:40AM
im leaving for a party right now but you better bet your bottom dollar i'll be watching at 1AM PST sharp.
MaxOne
6/15/08 1:03:59AM
where can we watch this?
cmill21
6/15/08 1:26:29AM
HDnet my man.
gartface
6/15/08 1:32:21AM
Took a long nap earlier today. I'm in for it.
Franklinfan47
6/15/08 1:42:26AM
Can't wait to see it.
Mayhem13
6/15/08 1:52:16AM
I really want to watch this live, bu tI got to call it a night..gotta leave for work at 9.....

and I will probably check results when i get up....but I will still watch it when i get home on the tivo
cmill21
6/15/08 2:00:54AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I really want to watch this live, bu tI got to call it a night..gotta leave for work at 9.....

and I will probably check results when i get up....but I will still watch it when i get home on the tivo

Call in sick. This is a good card to sacrafice a sunday shift for .
Raykill
6/15/08 2:05:02AM
Sounds cool, Thanks
MaxOne
6/15/08 2:20:33AM

Posted by cmill21

HDnet my man.

so, if you don't have hdnet there is no way to watch it?

gartface
6/15/08 2:31:36AM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by cmill21

HDnet my man.

sopcast will probably have it. channelsurfing.net has 2 feeds.
MaxOne
6/15/08 2:59:27AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by cmill21

HDnet my man.

sopcast will probably have it. channelsurfing.net has 2 feeds.

word...thanks!

MMAcca
6/15/08 3:43:51AM
so how long until it starts ?
DiabloFreak56
6/15/08 3:54:05AM

Posted by MMAcca

so how long until it starts ?

7 minutes
loller90278
6/15/08 3:58:35AM
IM JUST IN TIME BITCHES!

nothing beats watching dream while intoxicated.
loller90278
6/15/08 4:03:44AM
am i retarded or ??? its not showing on sopcast.. its showing the dong vs oyama fight
gartface
6/15/08 4:05:42AM

Posted by loller90278

am i retarded or ??? its not showing on sopcast.. its showing the dong vs oyama fight

I dunno what's up.
gartface
6/15/08 4:07:23AM
There we go!
MaxOne
6/15/08 4:07:43AM
here we go....
loller90278
6/15/08 4:07:59AM
good stuff.
Jackelope
6/15/08 4:09:46AM
I was thinking about staying up, but I don't know the exact order of the matches. I only really want to see the Aoki fight, the Sakuraba vs. Manhoef, and the Jacare vs. Mayhem. I'd guess those are all going to be late on the card, though I'll prolly end up sleeping
gartface
6/15/08 4:10:29AM

Posted by Jackelope

I was thinking about staying up, but I don't know the exact order of the matches. I only really want to see the Aoki fight, the Sakuraba vs. Manhoef, and the Jacare vs. Mayhem. I'd guess those are all going to be late on the card, though I'll prolly end up sleeping

Aoki is first i believe.
cmill21
6/15/08 4:10:41AM
I'm enjoying it on my 42 inch TV in HD instead of my 19 inch lcd comp screen . Get HDnet. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6