POLL: Who wins
Caol Uno 8% (4)
Eddie Alvarez 33% (16)
Tatsuya Kawajiri 18% (9)
Katsuhiko Nagata 2% (1)
Shinya Aoki 39% (19)
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/11/08 7:55:27AM
Caol Uno, Eddie Alvarez and Tatsuya Kawajiri Advance-Alvarez will face Kawajiri and UNo will face Aoki or Katsuhiko Nagata.

Also winning last night Nick Diaz by corner stoppage in the first. Katsuya Inoue team threw the towel in.
A much needed win for Diaz and in impressive fashion.
WEll Hansen out so now I'm going for Alvarez.
bls1919
5/11/08 9:22:38AM
I'm niot sure who to pick in this one. It was nice to see Nick Diaz came out on top.
MMAcca
5/11/08 11:06:56AM
Has this happened or are you predicting ?
juanez13
5/11/08 11:43:30AM
Im hoping alvarez will take the whole thing, but Kawajiri is gonna be a though match for him.
jahdoug
5/11/08 12:34:57PM
Shouldnt this be in spoilers? or at least not post the winners in the description that shows up at the very top of the news section? I did the same thing a while back out of ignorance and you would have thought i strangled a puppy on national TV given the reactions
jgtribbett
5/11/08 12:49:26PM
hahahaha
Porch28
5/11/08 1:37:04PM
Personally I thought Diaz looked good to just want to stand in there and brawl. Not to mention he didn't get cut. So I guess the surgery worked. I thought the other corner throwing in the towel was a little lame being that Inoue was still standing and trading. Miller just dominated. I hope Diaz comes back to the UFC someday but I doubt it.
The_Grim_Reaper
5/11/08 1:41:16PM
i read talk that Diaz looked slow..... :/ that was some of the best boxing i have ever seen in the mma ring, his stiff jabs, hooks, double jabs....come on i think its safe to say the Diaz who KTFO of Robbie Lawler is back and i for one am happy and hope to see him up against some top lightweights once the tourney is over
Sir_Karl
5/11/08 1:59:14PM
As of yet I have only to see the Diaz fight.
It was a pretty good fight. Great standup battle.
Inoue looked small compared to Diaz.
Diaz looked pretty good. His punches had power, he was accurate...he didn't gas.
Killer body shots. He looked far better than he did against Noonz or Aina.
I think Inoue was quite mismatched though which may have made Diaz look better.
I think it was a good corner stoppage...Inoue was getting hit hard and frequently.
They saved him from possible KO or injury etc.
Can't wait to see the rest of the fights.
It seems Dream (and World Victory Road) are right behind the UFC in the world MMA scene.
Quality AND quantity.
The_Grim_Reaper
5/11/08 3:17:51PM
the Hansen / Alvarez fight replaces the Gomi / Diaz fight as the most exciting mma fight of all time
GrandMaster313
5/11/08 3:28:52PM
this isn't news ...should have posted this in General MMa
RampageOwnedYou
5/11/08 3:47:02PM
Alvarez IMO will take the cake. Hanson is good shit, and for Alvarez to do what he did to him speaks volume. I dont see anyone except Kawajiri as a tough matchup. Still I think his wrestling and stand up will prove to be too much even for Kawajiri.
coldchillin
5/11/08 4:12:46PM
I really want to see Alvarez and Aoki in the finals.
Kastro
5/11/08 6:39:56PM

Posted by jahdoug

Shouldnt this be in spoilers? or at least not post the winners in the description that shows up at the very top of the news section? I did the same thing a while back out of ignorance and you would have thought i strangled a puppy on national TV given the reactions

lol..

props on that, good looking out.. and yes I also dropped spoilers by accident and the reactions and comments you get back are not very nice.
89vision
5/11/08 7:25:35PM
i dont understand why dream is putting the best up against each other first JZ vs aoki in the quarters then alvarez vs hansen in the quarters, now kawajiri and alvarez [the two i expected in the finals (minus JZ)] are fighting in the semis, make it kawajiri vs uno, and aoki (if he wins) vs alvarez for dream 5
chubbud22
5/11/08 7:42:49PM

Posted by jahdoug

The headline says Dream 3 results, so if you did not want to know the outcome do not click the link. On another topic; how good did Mayhem look. I know he was not fighting the best opponet, but he cracks me up.