DREAM 5 (Final Results?)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » DREAM 5 (Final Results?)
emfleek
7/21/08 9:26:02AM
DREAM.5 QUICK RESULTS

Daisuke Nakamura def. Andy Ologun via Submission (Armbar), R1 - 3:41

DREAM LWGP Semi-Finals
Shinya Aoki def. Caol Uno via Decision (Unanimous)
Eddie Alvarez def. Tatsuya Kawajiri via TKO (Punches), R1 - 7:35

DREAM LWGP Reserve Bout
Joachim Hansen def. Kultar Gill via Submission (Armbar), R1 - 2:33

Joseph Benavidez def. Junya Kudo via Submission (Guillotine Choke), R1 - 2:42

Kuniyoshi Hironaka def. Motoki Miyazawa via TKO (Cut), R1 - 8:57

Hideo Tokoro def. Takeshi Yamazaki via Decision (Unanimous)
Tokoro was issued a yellow card in Round 1 for twice kicking Yamazaki in the groin. A portion of Tokoro's purse will be withheld.

Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Katsuyori Shibata via Technical Submission (Gi Choke), R1 - 6:34

Alistair Overeem def. Mark Hunt via Submission (Keylock), R1 - 1:11

Eddie Alvarez was unable to continue to the LWGP finals due to an eye injury sustained in the Kawajiri fight.

Joachim Hansen def. Shinya Aoki via TKO (Punches), R1 - 4:19
Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen wins the DREAM 2008 Light Weight Grand Prix and becomes the first-ever DREAM Light Weight Champion. He announced after the fight that he would like his first title defense to be against Eddie Alvarez.

The losing LWGP semifinalists were awarded ¥1,000,000 (about $9,400).
Aoki received ¥3,000,000 ($28,000), and Hansen ¥10,000,000 ($94,000).
(These bonuses are in addition to their fight purses.)
juanez13
7/21/08 9:45:36AM
Lightweight Tournament semi-Finals-->>

Alvarez defeated Kawajiri in quite possibly the fight of the year, yes, might even be better than Hansen vs Alvarez, Alvarez wins round 1 KO/TKO.

Aoki defeated Uno by UD, Uno is a tough dude, escaped a tight triangle and everything that was thrown at him, but in the end he never realy had any offense.

Finals-->
supposed to be alavarez vs aoki, but Alvarez forced out because of a cut he suffered in the Kawajiri fight.

Hansen Beat Black Mamba as the reserve fight, so Hansen stapes in for Alvarez.

Hansen Vs Aoki 2, this time this results come out it. Hansen lands a big left from Aoki guard, Aoki is out but Hansen continues to rain down punches on Aoki until the ref stops it.

Others-->
Overeem beats Hunt by Keylock sub.

Aaronno9
7/21/08 11:09:38AM
Looks like ive gone 16-1 in the secondary league over the weekend, and picked like 3 correct endings over the course
RMFG_187
7/21/08 1:20:38PM
hopfully it gets updated soon, i think I may b top earner, hopefully
nickcuc547
7/21/08 2:00:38PM
we will have to see hansen vs. alvarez 2 as hansen's first title defense then. expect another all out war.
npayant
7/21/08 2:02:05PM

Posted by RMFG_187

I think you are too. I thought I was...and I went through everyone in the top 20 and found that you were the only one that beat me!!! Dang you!!!

RMFG_187
7/21/08 2:04:03PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by RMFG_187

I think you are too. I thought I was...and I went through everyone in the top 20 and found that you were the only one that beat me!!! Dang you!!!

lol sorry but that sounds good
npayant
7/21/08 2:06:40PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by npayant

Posted by RMFG_187

lol sorry but that sounds good

There still could be someone under us that did better, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. No underdogs won on this card and that's usually the only time you see some guys way down the list popping up there - by putting a bunch of money on an underdog. So I'm pretty sure you're in the clear!!
npayant
7/21/08 2:13:24PM
WOW!! It's updated and you DID win... but it was close!!!

I missed a guy... and ended up third! Congrats on the win though!

At least I finally passed up "see you in hell brat" for the lead in points!
emfleek
7/21/08 2:34:57PM
Dang! I finished #5 in points.

I only wish I hadn't missed an event for this season...I'd probably (hopefully) be in the top 100.
SpiderSilva
7/21/08 5:15:29PM
Wow that was ag reat finish to a great show Dream had the best show of the weekend