Dream Featherweight Tourney?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dream Featherweight Tourney?
puppetmaster837
5/6/08 9:38:57PM
I was just reading an article on MMAWeekly about Savant Youngs huge upset win over Takeshi Inoue and how it revived his career and such. And one of the things it said this win did for him was get him a call from Dream because they plan on having a featherweight tourney. Which fighters do you think will be in this tournament? Shooto doesn't have exclusive contracts do they? Because thats where most of the top FW's seem to be. If this happens i will pick the tournament winner right now, Kid. So what do you guys think about a possible FW tournament?

Link

That is the link for the article where i read it just so everyone believes me
cmill21
5/6/08 9:50:19PM
That would be rediculous. Kid would win it but I think it would be an amazing tourney. I wonder if the WEC would let Faber go over and test his hand against Kid. They could get most of the top 10 FW's in the world to compete and I think it would be one of the best tourney's ever.
hotrodttt
5/6/08 9:54:15PM
Here's my 16 Man Line Up if Dream can get these Fighters

1. Kid Yammamoto
2. Savant Young
3. Waggeny Fabiano
4. Iminari
5. Lion Takeshi
6. Akitoshi Tamura
7. Antonio Carvallho
8. Rumino Sato
9. Hatsu Hioki
10. Hideki Kadowaki
11. Bao Quach
12. Rafael Assuncao
13. Ivan Menjivar
14. Hiroyuki Takaya
15. Rani Yahya
16. Mark Hominick
puppetmaster837
5/6/08 9:55:11PM

Posted by cmill21

That would be rediculous. Kid would win it but I think it would be an amazing tourney. I wonder if the WEC would let Faber go over and test his hand against Kid. They could get most of the top 10 FW's in the world to compete and I think it would be one of the best tourney's ever.

It would also be pretty cool if they IFL would let Wagnney Fabiano join too. He was undefeated in their 155 pound division and cleaned Lierleys clock, so im not sure how much competition they really have for him. I would like to see him compete against the best
mk1630
5/7/08 4:45:57PM
I doubt the WEC would allow Faber to fight in the tourny because of their contracts, because i think they are like the UFC's contract, im not sure though. I think the best shot is getting Fabiano into the tournament. I am really looking forward to this GP either way.
mk1630
5/7/08 4:48:46PM
If the WEC did allow Faber to join the tournament i would love to see Pulver in there too.