Dream how far will it go?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dream how far will it go?
ultimateweapon
3/20/08 1:32:07AM
Does anyone have any opinions on how big DREAM will get and what names they will attract?

Just wondering what anyone else thinks
Nightmare27
3/20/08 2:41:07AM
I am not sure, but I hope that it makes it. It definetly has the "Pride FC" spirit. The first thing that they need to do is get Bas back!!!
cmill21
3/20/08 9:32:48AM
When your ran by FEG it's hard for me to see them falling away like alot of the other upstart orgs. I think they're here to stay.
Cladrix
3/20/08 2:52:52PM

Posted by cmill21

When your ran by FEG it's hard for me to see them falling away like alot of the other upstart orgs. I think they're here to stay.

FEG never fails
Mastodon2
3/20/08 3:40:07PM
I'm not sure they can ever recapture the sheer glory of Pride, but DREAM is better than nothing. Maybe one day MMA will get back to the glorious heights it once achieved, maybe not, but with DREAM at least we have a hope.

I think it's here to stay, I pray its here to stay, hopefully they will attract the best, and become the best. My hopes are riding on DREAM!
Aaronno9
3/20/08 3:42:19PM
I hope that it does stay around, but its only going to start off another "which is better, ufc or dream" if it does. I wounder if guys like shogun and wandy stay with the ufc or jump ship to dream if it gets big and looks like its not going to fade away.
p_unit23
3/21/08 12:13:35PM
I think DREAM is here to stay. They have some big names, so i'm sure they'll be around for a while. They're Grand Prix's are certainly attracting. Dream 1 was great! Beside the disappointing NC between aoki and jz, the card was pretty good. Can't wait for Dream 2!!!
ncordless
3/21/08 9:55:10PM
It all depends on the TV ratings it gets in Japan. Right now they air on prime time, but the ratings were not that good for DREAM 1. If they don't get better, they may be moved to late night, which would hurt their sponsership money thereby effecting the amount of moolah they can shell out for good fighters.

I hope they can continue to build their fanbase in Japan. Aoki did not help things. They need to bust out with more heavyweights to attract japanese fans.
WhiteWidow
3/21/08 10:54:43PM
already shaping up to be just like or better than Pride

P.S. join Team DREAM!!!

<------------------------------