Why are DREAM events in with secondary league?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Why are DREAM events in with secondary league?
POLL: Will DREAM = PRIDE eventually?
Yes 25% (8)
No 9% (3)
Maybe 41% (13)
Nothing can equal PRIDE 25% (8)
WhiteWidow
4/1/08 4:27:34PM
(I want at least one mod to answer this) I'm confused to why its not in with the picks with the UFC here on the playground. Is it just not big enough of an org. and not known if its going to stay around? or some other reason? not a big deal just wondering
nickcuc547
4/1/08 4:34:24PM
i dont think it's there yet, they have a bunch of good lighweights, but that shouldn't put them on the main league. they need more depth at every other division to even be considered.
Cladrix
4/1/08 4:47:28PM
They need a couple of shows under their belt to be considered in the primary league
Pookie
4/1/08 4:54:54PM
You need to be able to show that you can run shows consistently to get into the primary league. If they become a legit organization they will probably be in by season 4
hippysmacker
4/1/08 5:49:43PM

Posted by Pookie

You need to be able to show that you can run shows consistently to get into the primary league. If they become a legit organization they will probably be in by season 4

Said it better than I could myself. WFA, M-1, Yarenokka. We have had these request before, and the orgs didn't last long, although It's debatable if Dream is the continuation of Yarrenoka . If they prove themselves stable, and keep having quality cards, they could be in the primary league in season 4.
WhiteWidow
4/1/08 7:14:53PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Pookie

Said it better than I could myself. WFA, M-1, Yarenokka. We have had these request before, and the orgs didn't last long, although It's debatable if Dream is the continuation of Yarrenoka . If they prove themselves stable, and keep having quality cards, they could be in the primary league in season 4.

thanks for the reply, and some good answers from everybody, i figured Dream will have to be played out to be considered a legit league so we'll just have to see, to me it looks to be stellar, hopefully they do more than belt matches and regular matches than just tournaments
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/1/08 8:28:01PM
NOTHING CAN EQUAL PRIDE!

p.s. 500th Post MOFOS!
Ordep
4/1/08 11:37:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Pookie

+ they announce some of their bouts at very last minute, and this is not a good thing for fantasy gaming. Anyways, i hope they can fix this when they finish their roster and build a strong base from their first events, then see them in the primary league for the next season.
cowcatcher
4/1/08 11:58:14PM

Posted by Ordep

+ they announce some of their bouts at very last minute, and this is not a good thing for fantasy gaming. Anyways, i hope they can fix this when they finish their roster and build a strong base from their first events, then see them in the primary league for the next season.

thats the way pride was too, not all of the bouts of course, but it wasnt like the ufc where we know months ahead, but it isnt a bad point.