DREAM 8 Card Finalized

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » DREAM 8 Card Finalized
DCRage
3/26/09 11:45:48AM
DREAM today has unveiled the final card for DREAM 8 on April 5, to be headlined by round 1 of the Welterweight GP. The card also features Jeff Monson vs. Sergei Kharitonov and Murilo Rua vs. Dong Sik Yoon, among others.

Article
Bowen50
3/26/09 12:01:51PM
disappointed Jacare isn't fighting like they previously reported. he's even on the poster haha
DCRage
3/26/09 12:19:11PM
Plans change, although there could always be one more fight added.

Also, the event WILL NOT air live on HDNet. Tape delay airing APril 10 at 10 PM ET.
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/09 1:55:45PM
the snowman.
Wolfenstein
3/26/09 2:11:39PM
I'm pumped to hear Sergei's on the card., and Marios Zaromskis is one of the most exciting strikers out of the UK. Should be a great card.
EvenFlow
3/26/09 2:23:00PM
for the lazy people

-Shinya Aoki vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai*
-Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa vs. Katsuyori Shibata
-Hideo Tokoro vs. DJ.taiki+
-Yuya Shirai vs. Jason High*
-Marius Zaromskis vs. Seichi Ikemoto*
-Andre Galvao vs. John Alessio*
-Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Dong Sik Yoon
-Andrews Nakahara vs. Shungo Oyama
-Sergey Kharitonov vs. Jeff Monson

I'm wondering when we can make these picks tho? it also looks like benkei is off the card as well as jacare.
DCRage
3/26/09 2:24:40PM
I sent in a fight card update after I posted this, so hopefully it'll be up later today. Depends on when hippy can get on and update the card. And yes, Galesic is indeed off and at least one matchup we had before (Minowa vs. who he was facing before) has changed.

Edit: Those of who who have Galesic as part of your wagers, be prepared to adjust those accordingly.
lohmann
3/26/09 2:34:37PM
That's an awfully quick turnaround for Monson. I hope he's ready for another stiff test in Kharitonov. (On a sidenote, I'm surprised he's allowed to leave the country.)

The card looks pretty good front to back; I'm interested in seeing if Aoki can avenge his loss, Galvao in action against a strong opponent, and the potential of Hata and Tokoro. I think I may cover my eyes when the Minowa/Shibata fight is shown though. Shibata shouldn't be fighting.
DCRage
3/26/09 5:37:36PM
All indications are the card is now final, so no Souza. Also, the WWGP Finals will be at DREAM 10 on July 20 according to Mania.
Mayhem13
3/26/09 9:41:32PM
I like the Alessio vs Galvao match-up...just hope they are not throwing Galvao in with too much experiance already...

I want to see Galvao win, but dont know if its gonna happen
Pookie
3/26/09 11:59:54PM
Sakurai laid and prayed his way to victory last time, and the explosiveness of Aoki's butt scott have reached another level in the last 2 years. And Sakurai is on the decline.

Aoki sub in 1, another 11 points yay