Dream 3 and Cage Rage 26: Cutting it close?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Dream 3 and Cage Rage 26: Cutting it close?
rabbit915
4/29/08 9:39:55PM
Im not sure if anyone else notice this but dont these two events happen within a day of eachother? Is there going to be an issue with us getting wagers in for Dream right after CR?

Im also worried about having to wake up in the middle of the night and making wagers before DREAM. Not sure what the solution for that problem is.
robnashville
4/29/08 9:57:23PM
it's gonna be a problem later on, too. check out these possible secondary events that are basically at the same time

May 16 IFL Mohegan Sun Arena
May 18th Sengoku 2

May 31 Elite XC on CBS
June 1 WEC

JUNE 14 Adrenaline MMA IN CHICAGO
June 14th EliteXC in Hawaii
June 15th OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2nd Round
juanez13
4/29/08 10:40:00PM
i think they'll let there be picks for both events, but one may have to be cut from wagers, the weakest one will be cut (cage rage)....

same goes for the other shows, either they cut one off entirely, or the cut of the wagers for one.
Svartorm
4/30/08 12:33:01AM
This happens at least once or twice a season in the secondary league. If there isn't a reasonable amount of time between events (usually 48 hours), we don't allow wagers for the second event, so no wagers will be available for Dream 3.
Whispering_Death
4/30/08 2:54:40AM
The solution is stop doing pointless Cage Rage and IFL cards.

Those organizations have absolutely no bearing on anything in MMA.

King of the Cage is more relevant than either Cage Rage and IFL.

There is not even one single fight on the CR26 card that has any significance or interest to anyone. The co-main event is Ross Pointon vs. Ross "The Boss" Mason for god's sake!

Dream, Sengoku, WEC, Strikeforce, EliteXC, and soon to be Addrenaline and Affliction - all of these organizations feature relevant fights for MMA between skilled opponents. All these organizations together are putting out WAY MORE than enough cards to keep us busy.

Please let's move on from pointless CR and IFL cards and stick to the organizations that put on real fights.
Svartorm
4/30/08 3:36:49AM
I've explained why we do Cage Rage cards multiple times in this forum.

We don't do every IFL card, but they have interesting match-ups, a generally solid roster and their fights are easily viewable on cable.

Arguements can be made for and against every organization we feature on the secondary league, and as long as Cage Rage and IFL put on good cards, we'll feature them.
Whispering_Death
4/30/08 7:01:41AM

Posted by Svartorm

I've explained why we do Cage Rage cards multiple times in this forum.

We don't do every IFL card, but they have interesting match-ups, a generally solid roster and their fights are easily viewable on cable.

Arguements can be made for and against every organization we feature on the secondary league, and as long as Cage Rage and IFL put on good cards, we'll feature them.

It is certainly your call. I'm just a player here, I'm just one in a thousand.

But I still can't believe you seriously think Ian Freeman vs. Paul Cahoon and Ross Pointon vs. Ross Mason is a good card! I've seen Wild Bill's Fight Night cards better than what Cage Rage puts out since it's been bought out by Pro-Elite.

With only 10 cards to a season and SO MANY great MMA cards out there these days I'm really surprised we waste our time with CR and IFL when it prevents us from putting wagers on things like Dream.
DCRage
4/30/08 3:09:13PM

Posted by Svartorm

This happens at least once or twice a season in the secondary league. If there isn't a reasonable amount of time between events (usually 48 hours), we don't allow wagers for the second event, so no wagers will be available for Dream 3.

I imagine we're going to have the same problems/arguments with Affliction in June. A lot of people probably will want it here just because of the Fedor-Sylvia fight (I think that's the right day) but the problem is it falls on the exact same day as the upcoming EliteXC card which should be loaded enough to warrant it being posted here (Noons-Edwards, Nick Diaz, maybe Antonio Silva).
Svartorm
4/30/08 9:06:05PM

Posted by Whispering_Death
But I still can't believe you seriously think Ian Freeman vs. Paul Cahoon and Ross Pointon vs. Ross Mason is a good card! I've seen Wild Bill's Fight Night cards better than what Cage Rage puts out since it's been bought out by Pro-Elite.

I do think its a good card because either fight could go either way. Cage Rage has excellent matchmaking and puts their cards up months in advance so people can actually get excited about the cards and have time to make educated picks. I'd rather have solid cards with good match-ups than cards with lopsided fights that get put together at their own weigh-ins.

As for the Affliction and EXC cards, we'll see how they look in a few weeks. EXC has trouble keeping their stuff together and Affliction is brand-new, so hopefully we can feature them both.
DCRage
5/2/08 7:02:52AM

EXC has trouble keeping their stuff together

You're getting good at calling those. Not even 48 hours later and they lose their big title fight for the 6/14 card (Shields-Fickett is off, Fickett's hurt) so I think we can skip that card now.
Svartorm
5/3/08 1:29:22AM
Yeah, I'm a regular Nostradamus.
bustin_mma
5/3/08 2:48:32AM
I agree with whispering death we should concentrate more on Dream,Sengoku, Elite XC and so on. The reason why fights could go either way on CR cards, is because most british fighters stand there and brawl like rock'em sock'em robots till it comes down to jaw and skull struture. I mean cmon Ross pointon vs Ross mason. pointons got 5 more losses than he does wins and hes headlining
robnashville
5/4/08 12:06:01PM
I like the secondary league a lot because of the quick turnaround time on the season. It takes forever to play a ten event UFC season. I don't mind the ifl and CR cards, they make the season go by faster. It is a shame that some of these upcoming cards are gonna be left off......

i wish you guys would post the odds for both cards if they are close together and then you can just spread your bets across the two cards instead of doing one and not the other. you would have to do the lock out time based on the first event.... but all in all, i don't have any complaints..this place is a lot of fun....
Svartorm
5/5/08 4:42:24AM
I'm not sure how that would work on a programming aspect, especially with the parley, because the results are entered seperately, and you can't really put money into the next event until you've made or lost it in the previous one.