DREAM announces FW GP match up!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DREAM announces FW GP match up!
loller90278
2/19/09 1:40:59PM
On a press conference today it was announced that the final entrants in the GP are Yoshiro Maeda and Abel Cullum. Also announced was that KID will be seeded directly to the second round of the GP.

The matchups are:

Masakazu Imanari (15-6-1) vs. Atsushi Yamamoto (12-5-1)
Hiroyuki Takaya (9-6-1) vs. Jong Won Kim (0-0)
Yoshiro Maeda (23-6-2) vs. Micah Miller (10-2)
Chase Beebe (11-3) vs. Joe Warren (0-0)
Takafumi Otsuka (8-3-1) vs. Bibiano Fernandes (3-2)
Akiyo Nishiura (9-3-1) vs. Abel Cullum (13-2)

Hideo Tokoro (21-15-1) vs. Daiki Hata (9-5-3) will happen at DREAM.8 cause of the injury DJ.taiki suffered in his bout with Shoji Maruyama.

-i didnt know maeda was on the card! good stuff.
breakdown5
2/19/09 1:50:40PM
Nice. Really looking forward to this. I love the GPs.

Anybody ever heard of the guys with no records?
DCRage
2/19/09 1:58:58PM
Don't be surprised if Beebe is a very late scratch. Remember, he's fighting on this Saturday's UWC event and it's a title fight, so if Beebe takes too much damage he could be off.
breakdown5
2/19/09 2:05:44PM

Posted by DCRage

Don't be surprised if Beebe is a very late scratch. Remember, he's fighting on this Saturday's UWC event and it's a title fight, so if Beebe takes too much damage he could be off.

This is true, but it will only be if he pulls out himself because of the lack of athletic commission. If he wants to fight injured, he could (not a good idea though).
DCRage
2/19/09 2:08:27PM
True, but as long as he doesn't somehow get a medical suspension he should be fine. I'm sure he doesn't want to become another Antonio Silva.

The important thing for DREAM is that Kid will be participating. That alone should guarantee huge interest for round 2 assuming of course that Kid's ready by then. Hopefully he will be.
Franklinfan47
2/19/09 3:33:20PM
Should be a good GP
cmill21
2/19/09 6:10:29PM

Posted by DCRage

True, but as long as he doesn't somehow get a medical suspension he should be fine. I'm sure he doesn't want to become another Antonio Silva.

The important thing for DREAM is that Kid will be participating. That alone should guarantee huge interest for round 2 assuming of course that Kid's ready by then. Hopefully he will be.

Awsome to hear, lol I counted the match ups to see if it was an odd number.
ncordless
2/19/09 9:33:37PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by DCRage

Awsome to hear, lol I counted the match ups to see if it was an odd number.

Actually if this is the final bracket adding a fighter wouldn't work until the 3rd rnd when there will only be three contestants left.
copcopps
2/20/09 12:05:13PM
Pretty good card, hopefully Beebee won't be pulled. I'm kinda dissappointed with the many 0-0 guys though
ncordless
2/20/09 6:26:14PM

Posted by copcopps

Pretty good card, hopefully Beebee won't be pulled. I'm kinda dissappointed with the many 0-0 guys though

The two guys that are 0-0 are at least legit.

The Korean (cannot remember his name) is Dong Sik Yoon's protege...

Joe Warren is a Greco-Roman World Champion