DREAM.17 adds Shinya Aoki vs. Rob McCullough, Satoru Kitaoka vs. Willamy Freire

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » DREAM.17 adds Shinya Aoki vs. Rob McCullough, Satoru Kitaoka vs. Willamy Freire
emfleek
7/29/11 10:00:16AM
Two new bouts are official for next month's DREAM.17 event.

In a non-title fight, DREAM lightweight champ Shinya Aoki (28-5 MMA, 12-2 DREAM) takes on former WEC titleholder "Razor" Rob McCullough (19-7 MMA, 0-0 DREAM), and in another lightweight contest, ex-Sengoku champ Satoru Kitaoka (28-10-9 MMA, 0-0 DREAM) meets recent UFC fighter Willamy "Chiquerim" Freire (18-4 MMA, 0-0 DREAM).

DREAM.17 takes place Sept. 24 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

LINK
ghandikush
7/29/11 10:29:42AM
How riviting, Aoki vs a guy with no sub D
grappler0000
7/29/11 11:14:13AM

Posted by ghandikush

Rob's never been submitted before, so I don't know how one would come to that conclusion.
prophecy033
7/29/11 11:25:38AM
Tough fight for razor, ill take Aoki
gartface
7/29/11 1:47:34PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ghandikush

Rob's never been submitted before, so I don't know how one would come to that conclusion.

I was wondering the same thing. I think he has a chance to knock Aoki's block off, to be honest.
ghandikush
7/29/11 2:09:24PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ghandikush

I was thinking of Kit Cope for some reason.
pmoney
7/29/11 2:09:40PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ghandikush

I was wondering the same thing. I think he has a chance to knock Aoki's block off, to be honest.

Razor looked good at points against Pitbull, and his sub defense is good. If I am not mistaken, Pitbull had his back and was pounding out Razor Rob, but couldn't get the sub. It took a third round tko to stop McCullough.

The question is, can Aoki wait until his next mixed rules exhibition bout to get knocked out, or does it happen here against Rob?
emfleek
7/29/11 2:12:46PM

Posted by pmoney

The question is, can Aoki wait until his next mixed rules exhibition bout to get knocked out, or does it happen here against Rob?

I pray for him to get KO'd every time he fights.
Budgellism
7/29/11 3:12:01PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

I pray for him to get KO'd every time he fights.

Same here dude. There was something about him getting ktfo by a cross dresser that made it that much sweeter.
Pookie
7/29/11 4:13:28PM
I dont understand you guys. How can you not fall in love with a Stretchy Pants wearing fighter who blatantly disrespects everything his culture holds dear.

He's like a Japanese Chael Sonnen, who wins more.
jjeans
7/29/11 4:17:33PM

Posted by Pookie

I dont understand you guys. How can you not fall in love with a Stretchy Pants wearing fighter who blatantly disrespects everything his culture holds dear.

quezocrema0032
7/29/11 6:47:41PM

Posted by Pookie

This sounds really funny can you elaborate ? Im just not that familiar with Aokis, personal background.
pmoney
7/29/11 7:30:19PM

Posted by Pookie

Pookie, you are funny as hell, boy! I actually like Aoki. He's an evil lil' bastard who would probably snap any one of us like twigs...

And if anyone is gonna be the first person to submit you, Aoki has a good chance at doing it. That's like someone never being KO'ed before they fought a prime Chuck Lidell.

:::cough:::: big head Tito ::::cough::::
Budgellism
7/29/11 7:44:30PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Pookie

This sounds really funny can you elaborate ? Im just not that familiar with Aokis, personal background.

LINK

Fast Forward to about the 3 minute mark and you'll pretty much see why this guy doesn't get much love.
Pookie
7/29/11 7:50:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Pookie

LINK

Fast Forward to about the 3 minute mark and you'll pretty much see why this guy doesn't get much love.

Sometimes you just gotta crush some body's spirit, after you snap their limbs.
sbulldavid
7/30/11 1:48:06AM
I think Razor Rob takes this fight, and I'm usually right when I pick against Aoki