DREAM 6 Adds Fights, Cro Cop Vs. Overeem Official

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » DREAM 6 Adds Fights, Cro Cop Vs. Overeem Official
DCRage
9/3/08 12:04:57PM
3 more bouts have been added to DREAM 6 on October 23, which is headlined by the Middleweight GP Finals. The most notable of these 3 fights is the culmination of months of trash talk as Mirko Cro Cop will face off with Alistair Overeem.

Article
Bowen50
9/3/08 12:10:27PM
i am very excited for this card. seeing Cro Cop back against someone like Overeem should be the true test to see if he really has that competitive fire back. i am gonna take Cro Cop Round 1 KO, hopefully by head kick. we haven't seen one of those in a while. i am also taking Jacare to win the whole tournament and then hopefully come over to the UFC to stir up the middleweight division a little bit. Jacare Vs. Palhares would be one of the most technical ground fights we've ever seen.
sparky
9/3/08 12:18:09PM
Just glad to see that it is finally offical. Im pumped for this fight I love Overeem hes the type of fighter you never know what to expect from and that makes him dangerous against any opponent. Mirko is a true test to Overeem if Overeem can pull this one off he is seriously on the rise in my opinion.

Melvin Manhoef to win the tournie!!!!!

DREAM 6 is all about the Dutch fighters look out Japan
cowcatcher
9/3/08 12:25:56PM

Posted by sparky

Just glad to see that it is finally offical. Im pumped for this fight I love Overeem hes the type of fighter you never know what to expect from and that makes him dangerous against any opponent. Mirko is a true test to Overeem if Overeem can pull this one off he is seriously on the rise in my opinion.

Melvin Manhoef to win the tournie!!!!!

DREAM 6 is all about the Dutch fighters look out Japan

its really tough to pick against manhoef considering how good hes looked lately so ive got to agree with you there.

on to CC, i really hope this is the start of CCs climb back into relevance in the mma hw picture because a loss here basically takes what shred of hope that i have of him returning to the ufc all but gone. not to mention the fact that a loss basically makes him irrelevant in the hw picture as it stands right now and he will become little more than a draw based on name that will have little more than a punchers(or kickers) chance against any big name future opponents in most peoples eyes which will lead to more CC bashing on the net that will irritate the hell outta me.
DiabloFreak56
9/3/08 12:25:58PM
i love cro cop but i have to go with overeem i just think cro cop is at the end of his career. i really hope not but im gonna go with the safe pick.

also i agree with bowen50 i woujd love to see jacare in the UFC
cmill21
9/3/08 1:15:45PM
Overeem has pissed Cro Cop off, this will be the real indicator as to what he wants. If he wants to fight, he will destroy Overeem as he did Wand and others who pissed him off, if not he'll play it safe and it will end up being a bad fight.
jae_1833
9/3/08 3:00:46PM

CROCOP by Head Kick!!!! Overeem will play his game and get KOed!!!CroCop is great in the ring and great in Japan, this will bring him back to his old self again!!!
loller90278
9/3/08 3:07:49PM
besides the crocop fight they added the DONGER vs andrew nakahara! that will be a ridiculous match!

also Mighty Mo vs Kharitonov! a possible slugfest in the making, or an easy submissino win for sergei.

dream 6 is going to be rad.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 3:20:07PM

Posted by cmill21

Overeem has pissed Cro Cop off, this will be the real indicator as to what he wants. If he wants to fight, he will destroy Overeem as he did Wand and others who pissed him off, if not he'll play it safe and it will end up being a bad fight.

i agree 1000% cmill......CC is angry, this is when we find out how much CC still has left
Mchubb316
9/3/08 11:44:00PM
So far I have enjoyed the Dream cards. This one I am sure will not dissapoint. The official addition of this fight makes it that much better. I like Manhoef as well in the tourny. Can't wait until this card. Plus I enjoy Bas commentating, he is great, and in my opinion one of, if not the best in the business.