DREAM 10 - Get the card together already!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DREAM 10 - Get the card together already!
Kpro
7/14/09 5:14:55AM
So it looks like we're at only 5 pickable fights since DREAM is so slow to officially announce fights.

It appears that Cro Cop vs. Mighty Mo is off with Cro Cop set to face Dos Santos in 2 months at UFC 103.

One rumor that sounds like it'll be true is Jon Olav Einemo on the card after 2 1/2 years away, he's an exciting solid HW fighter.

Another rumor with nothing too substantial behind it is Sefo stepping in against Mighty Mo, with Cro Cop no longer participating.

Then of course there needs to be a WWGP reserve match; it's rumored to be Ikemoto but no guarantees, and who would he face ? Alessio ? Who knows.

Also Sakuraba is rumored but I think he'd be officially announced longer than a few days before the event because of his drawing power, so he'll probably get pushed back to DREAM 11.

Anyone hear anything concrete, or are we really stuck with 5 official fights, 5 days before the event?
DCRage
7/14/09 7:17:39AM
Looking at the official DREAM website (in Japanese), right now it's 6 fights. Cro Cop-Siliga is not on it, just the other 5 fights we have and the WWGP Finals. There's something there about Sakuraba but a translation didn't do much to decipher it. Then again, I think DREAM is one of those promotions notorious for last-minute announcements, so there could be more added but it could be too late to add to the picks (we need at least 24 hours' notice, preferably a little more)
bootyclause
7/15/09 3:19:40PM
Pride used to do this too
Kpro
7/16/09 5:03:37AM
Dong Sik Yoon vs. Jesse "JT Money" Taylor has been added to the card and is up on picks.

Tarec Saffiedine vs. Seiichi Ikemoto is also announced, should be on picks soon.

Looks like we're missing probably 2 more fights but who knows if we'll find them out in enough time to make picks on them. At least there are 7 pickable fights now.

I still want to see Einemo added to the card.
hippysmacker
7/16/09 6:30:20AM
Dream & pride are both run buy the same guys, and it pisses me off. Its bad enough they caused Pride to die, but if they keep mismanaging dream I fear it will happen again. I am sure their are some Japanese folks that could run a MMA company( no I don't think the avg. Japanese mma fan would want the American run UFC to flourish in the homeland ) right there if they just took the time. Makes me wish world victory road could buy dream and combine resources.
Jackelope
7/16/09 5:19:58PM
Yeah, I was going to say something to the fact that some of these Japanese orgs are notorious for adding fights at the last minute. Personally I think the Japanese fans must love it that way or something
DCRage
7/16/09 5:55:26PM
As the old saying goes, Only In Japan...it kinda bugs me with regards to the picks just because there's always some short-notice stuff like this happening. Dampens my enthusiasm towards the events a little bit.
Jackelope
7/16/09 6:22:52PM

Posted by DCRage

As the old saying goes, Only In Japan...it kinda bugs me with regards to the picks just because there's always some short-notice stuff like this happening. Dampens my enthusiasm towards the events a little bit.

That, and the 3AM Monday morning start times
DCRage
7/17/09 1:46:36PM