Why are there so many draws in Shooto?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Why are there so many draws in Shooto?
puppetmaster837
6/2/08 5:15:55PM
I was just looking at Sherdogs top ten list, and i was looking at there 125 pound division where it is just top 5. Those 5 fighters combined have 18 draws on their record, thats more then if you combine the top ten from any other weight class. And all of these guys fight for Shooto which is probably one of the only organizations with that low of weights. This isnt the first i have noticed of this, it always seems like the lighter japanese fighters always have more draws which are so uncommon in north america. Im guessing this would be caused by there scoring system since a lot of the fights said 3 rounds, does anyone know what their scoring is like?
89vision
6/2/08 5:31:33PM
im not sure but i think sometimes decisions are automatic draws, that or they try to protect popular fighters records
Kpro
6/2/08 5:40:14PM
D, C, & B class Shooto fights are 2 rounds.

The 3 round fights (A class) going to decision, I would credit to even matchmaking, and much more liberal use of 10-10s.
Rush
6/2/08 8:50:29PM
I have heard that a lot of Shooto fights are fixed or am I thinking of another org?
89vision
6/2/08 9:19:30PM

Posted by Rush

I have heard that a lot of Shooto fights are fixed or am I thinking of another org?

pancrase