UFC 88 draws almost record breaking live crowd!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 88 draws almost record breaking live crowd!!
haggiswashere
9/8/08 5:43:41AM
Almosts sets stadiums all time capacity record. second only to...BARBARA STREISAND!!!!???http://mmajunkie.com/news/5232/ufc-88-draws-14736-for-2-6-million-gate.mma
RMFG_187
9/8/08 9:13:27AM
got nothing on UFC 83. War MTL!
BIGKAT
9/8/08 12:34:23PM
What? And they didn't even need the spectacle of Brock Lesnar? Imagine That!
Wolfenstein
9/8/08 2:07:02PM
I'm slightly surprised. Atlanta is known as being one of the worst sports cities in the US, always being in the bottom tier in attendance. I felt the crowd was annoying, but it's benn typical of UFC events to hear choruses of boos throughout. I wish some o the more intelligant fans would tel the booers to shut their damn mouths.
nickcuc547
9/8/08 2:35:09PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I'm slightly surprised. Atlanta is known as being one of the worst sports cities in the US, always being in the bottom tier in attendance. I felt the crowd was annoying, but it's benn typical of UFC events to hear choruses of boos throughout. I wish some o the more intelligant fans would tel the booers to shut their damn mouths.

they were still pretty bad, booing rashad after a highlight reel ko was one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life.
jiujitsufreak74
9/8/08 2:41:31PM
this was worded very cleverly

it was the second-highest total in the nine-year history of the arena, it's not like it was a world record or even a record in Las Vegas or NYC.
FantasyFighter
9/8/08 3:31:48PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Wolfenstein

they were still pretty bad, booing rashad after a highlight reel ko was one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life.

I was there and I have to say, there was booing at some point in alot of the fights. It is pretty frustrating to sit there amidst all of it. Although, as for Rashad, the booing did not commence until he started dancing (while Chuck was still out cold on the mat). I think people took that as disrespectful. For me, The thing that drives me the craziest is that they will cheer and applaud a takedown, but then boo after the fight has only been on the mat 30 seconds. I think the average fan is confused. If you dont like it on the ground, then you should boo the takedown, not cheer it.

Also, Im surprised it was so close to the attendance record. They must have never had a full house before because there were several empty seats in the lower sections. And if you bought cheap seats like I did, you could just move down no problem.
RMFG_187
9/8/08 7:07:32PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Wolfenstein

I was there and I have to say, there was booing at some point in alot of the fights. It is pretty frustrating to sit there amidst all of it. Although, as for Rashad, the booing did not commence until he started dancing (while Chuck was still out cold on the mat). I think people took that as disrespectful. For me, The thing that drives me the craziest is that they will cheer and applaud a takedown, but then boo after the fight has only been on the mat 30 seconds. I think the average fan is confused. If you dont like it on the ground, then you should boo the takedown, not cheer it.

Also, Im surprised it was so close to the attendance record. They must have never had a full house before because there were several empty seats in the lower sections. And if you bought cheap seats like I did, you could just move down no problem.

I hear u, I was at 83, and I was sittin in fronta Marc Laimon (Kobra Kai, & the guy Matt Serra dissed on TUF "your like a professional swimmer that never got in the pool). Anyways he was booin almost every fight, and decided he could be Joe Rogan and commentate. Even though the guy could probably tie me in a knot, I wanted to turn around and smack him across the face.
Ben_Hutch
9/8/08 7:51:20PM
For the London UFC's they get 16,000 - 17,000 people.
haggiswashere
9/8/08 9:34:57PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

it was the second-highest total in the nine-year history of the arena, it's not like it was a world record or even a record in Las Vegas or NYC.

i said it was the ARENA capacity in the description. read next time and you won't be pissed off!!
jiujitsufreak74
9/8/08 9:37:14PM

Posted by haggiswashere

i said it was the ARENA capacity in the description. read next time and you won't be pissed off!!

i wasn't saying you worded it cleverly...but the topic title of the post reads, "UFC 88 draws almost record breaking live crowd!!" which is cleverly worded. maybe YOU should read before you correct me
haggiswashere
9/8/08 11:15:51PM

Posted by haggiswashere

i wasn't saying you worded it cleverly...but the topic title of the post reads, "UFC 88 draws almost record breaking live crowd!!" which is cleverly worded. maybe YOU should read before you correct me

Clerify next time and you won't have to keep wastin time defendin your self. cuz you only said THIS was worded. so im sorry you was confused now lets go do somethin else! truce