UFC on FX 1 draws announced 7,728 attendance and $334,860 live gate

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FX 1 draws announced 7,728 attendance and $334,860 live gate
grappler0000
1/21/12 9:09:59AM
Friday's UFC on FX 1 event drew an announced attendance of 7,728 and a live gate of $334,860.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the figures during the event's post-fight press conference at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

The Tennessee Athletic Commission will release official tallies in the coming weeks.

UFC on FX 1 marked the first FX-televised main card in UFC history, and prelims aired on FUEL TV. Both channels are part of FOX, which kicks off a seven-year deal with the UFC earlier this month. The FX and FUEL TV cards essentially replace the UFC's smaller events that previously aired on Spike TV and Versus.

Friday's event featured Jim Miller's submission victory over fellow lightweight Melvin Guillard in the night's main event. Josh Neer, Pat Barry and Mike Easton also picked up wins on the main card...

Full Story
airkerma
1/21/12 11:46:37AM
Okay UFC, you put on PPV shows, I buy them. You absorb Strikeforce, I buy showtime. You start putting fights on Fuel, I buy that. But, you almost always deliver, like last night.

I would like to point out, that despite lack of star power, this fight night was f#$%#%$%^&&^*king awesome. Anik and Kenny killed it and Boner still sounds super high all the time. Awesome night of fights.
jlock003
1/21/12 8:02:20PM
I haven't gone back and watch the airing yet, but I actually got to go last night, and I couldn't agree more about the fights themselves. They were steller. Joe Silva is a genious. I'm hoping Christian Morecraft is ok...I'm not sure if they covered it up on FX, but that guy layed on the canvis for a really long time without movement before they sat him back up. Scary moment, but great ko for barry.
tn_rebel
1/21/12 8:32:15PM

Posted by jlock003

I haven't gone back and watch the airing yet, but I actually got to go last night, and I couldn't agree more about the fights themselves. They were steller. Joe Silva is a genious. I'm hoping Christian Morecraft is ok...I'm not sure if they covered it up on FX, but that guy layed on the canvis for a really long time without movement before they sat him back up. Scary moment, but great ko for barry.

I was there as well and he didn't move a muscle for like 10 min. I thought Barry should have got KO of the night.
Aether
1/21/12 10:47:41PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by jlock003

I was there as well and he didn't move a muscle for like 10 min. I thought Barry should have got KO of the night.

KOTN doesn't go to the guy whose opponent is unconscious for the longest period of time, it goes to the most spectacular knockout. Barry landed a punch that we've all seen a million times, Denis gave us a KO that we never see.
jlock003
1/22/12 12:05:16AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by jlock003

KOTN doesn't go to the guy whose opponent is unconscious for the longest period of time, it goes to the most spectacular knockout. Barry landed a punch that we've all seen a million times, Denis gave us a KO that we never see.

Yeah I don't mind Denis getting KO of the night that was a pretty crazy KO. I was just saying I hope Morecraft is ok, and I figure that the way Barry knocked him out is the reason they got FOTN. I really felt like the Easton vs Papazian fight was going to get FOTN, but Barry deserved some kind of bonus for that KO it was significant, and his post fight speach was hilarious to me.
Aether
1/22/12 3:18:56AM

Posted by jlock003

Posted by Aether

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by jlock003

Yeah I don't mind Denis getting KO of the night that was a pretty crazy KO. I was just saying I hope Morecraft is ok, and I figure that the way Barry knocked him out is the reason they got FOTN. I really felt like the Easton vs Papazian fight was going to get FOTN, but Barry deserved some kind of bonus for that KO it was significant, and his post fight speach was hilarious to me.

I was responding to tn_rebel's comment that Barry deserved the KOTN bonus.
tn_rebel
1/22/12 4:59:47AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by jlock003

Your probably right. Denis had the more highlight real KO, but if I had to choose I would have rather taken that KO than Barry's.I think everyone in the arena was just happy to see Morecraft move.