Draw Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Draw Discussion
TimW001
2/27/11 3:23:21AM
What are your guys' thoughts on draw's in MMA? I really like draw's. Even though it feels so inconclusive, it is healthy for the sport. If more fights end in a draw it will begin to influence fighters to try and really be effective in fights. If judges will not choose a winner in an extrenely close round, this forces fighters to try and be even more effective. Fighters will be less content to stall and hold position, they are now forced to try show much greater effectiveness.

Therefore I love, and would like to see more, draw rounds given out.
GabAllon
2/27/11 9:02:38AM
I don't necessarily like draws based on their own merits (since they usually come about in any given fight more due to judging ineptitude than anything else), but I like that draws piss off the majority of fans (wait! hear me out), and thus provide some additional impetus for the UFC to eventually make a unified push to pressure the state athletic commission to revamp the current (abysmal) Unified Rules. MMA shouldn't be scored in the same manner as boxing-it's at best highly dubious that even with a crack team of MMA experts as judges the 10-point must system could be made to work for our sport-and I'm not even going to waste the energy making the case that UFC judging is currently done by experts only in the same sense that moon-hoax conspiracy theories 'make some really good points'.
-Dave
tmas
2/27/11 11:20:16AM
i love draws it makes it exciting and interesting, and will push fighters to FINISH!
BlueSkiesBurn
2/27/11 4:35:37PM
I don't mind draws at all. I feel that, in most cases, they're warranted. If you use this forum board as a litmus test you can clearly tell that this was a case where a draw was the appropriate decision. I have absolute no doubt in my mind that you can find one person on this board who scored it "Fitch." Another person on this board who scored it "Penn" and someone like me who scored it "Draw."

Usually draws occur because of point deductions, however. In that instance, it's the fault of the fighter receiving the point deduction. The onus of a clean fight is on the fighter. If they fail to comply with the rules and then suffer a draw as a result, that's on them.
sparky
2/27/11 6:45:18PM

Posted by TimW001

What are your guys' thoughts on draw's in MMA? I really like draw's. Even though it feels so inconclusive, it is healthy for the sport. If more fights end in a draw it will begin to influence fighters to try and really be effective in fights. If judges will not choose a winner in an extrenely close round, this forces fighters to try and be even more effective. Fighters will be less content to stall and hold position, they are now forced to try show much greater effectiveness.

Therefore I love, and would like to see more, draw rounds given out.

I agree 100% I was not disappointed with a draw whatsoever, if the fight is even the fight is even its as simple as that!!!!
prozacnation1978
2/27/11 7:13:57PM
Draws suck

5 round leave it a draw

3 round draw go one more round to declare winner