Decision UD 36% (26)
Decision SD 7% (5)
KO 25% (18)
TKO by brutal GnP 17% (12)
Submission 0% (0)
Rickson by armbar 15% (11)
bls1919
3/14/09 8:18:30PM
This fight goes one of one ways. 2 rounds of mouse and mouse on the feet. Rashad gets tired of being pecked apart standing and comes in for a takedown and takes a devastaing right from Machida. Down goes Rashad.
Dragoslav
3/16/09 1:02:45PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Dragoslav

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

I have to laugh at people actually thinking Rashad will have a better camp than Machida will. While Rashad is at Jackson's training with Keith Jardine, Machida is training with the Nog brothers, Vitor and Anderson Silva. Rashad might get the benefit of GSP there to train with, but it still won't add up to a better camp than Machida gets.

I'm also laughing at people saying Rashad is a good technical striker and is faster and with better footwork than Machida. That haymaker he beat Chuck with was real technical. He'll never get the chance to throw that at Machida. And there's also no way in hell Rashad is a more technical striker than Thiago Silva, who's been training MT at Chute Boxe since before Rashad even got into MMA. Some of you guys need to actually learn about these fighters before you go spouting nonsense.

Training with better fighters has yet to trump training with better coaches, some very good trainers where horrible fighters, some awesome fighters just are not cut out to train others, its funny you should mention big nog because IMO he is a prime example so it seems you might want to learn a little more about the sport yourself.

You did make me laugh about the "spouting nonsense" sorry but Rashad is faster and more technical with better footwork than Thiago Silva. I'm not going to sit here and argue my opinion with someone so obtuse other than to say I've watched both fighters more that enough times to "spout" my opinion.

Anderson trains and teaches with the Nogs... when was the last time he was beat...

oh yeah..

Rashad Evans trains with Greg Jackson...when was the last time he was beat...

oh yea..

Who does Rashad have a win over that's credible besides a slipping 37 year old Chuck Liddell?

Come on man you gotta be kidding me. Who does Machida have a win over that's credible. His most credible wins are over Thiago Silva who would lose to Chuck and Forrest (Who Rashad beat) and Tito who got KO'd twice by Liddell and beat Forrest in a decision that could have gone either way. I understand that you like Machida and can also understand why people are picking him to win, but calling out Rashad's credible opponents isn't the way to convince someone because Machida's just aren't that credible either.

Machida decisively beat Tito, almost stopped him in the third. Rashad drew Tito. Forrest isn't credible and he wouldn't lose to Thiago Silva. Evans struggled against Bisping, who is really a 185 fighter. Machida also stopped Rich Franklin, not too many people who aren't named Anderson Silva have done that. Machida made Sokodjou look stupid and Evans would probably struggle against Sokodjou too.
State_Champ
3/16/09 1:37:12PM
Lately Evans has been hitting people really hard but I don't think he'll be able to hit Machida and thus I do not expect Evans to win. I think Machida takes the UD probably. But I certainly wouldn't be too surprised if Rashad won by taking Lyoto down and punching him in the face....that's a big 'if '.

Here's hoping Machida can win this one!
StorminYourman
3/17/09 12:34:58AM
Part of the reason I believe Machida does not get put on his back is because of the distance kept standing between him and the challenger. Lot of space.He sees a shot comeing from Florida to Maine.I believe to all the Evans fans out there that IF Evans wins(thats a big IF) it will have to come from a huge right counter haymaker somewhat similar to the Liddel KO only more impressive since the Dragon is so much harder to hit

So for all you Rashad fans there is always that slim chance he can pull it out.
If he does that will be very impressive.

Not gonna happen tough
WAR MACHIDA
hughesfan1
3/17/09 9:25:42AM
Rashad by tko round 3
EvenFlow
3/17/09 9:49:16AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Come on man you gotta be kidding me. Who does Machida have a win over that's credible. His most credible wins are over Thiago Silva who would lose to Chuck and Forrest (Who Rashad beat) and Tito who got KO'd twice by Liddell and beat Forrest in a decision that could have gone either way. I understand that you like Machida and can also understand why people are picking him to win, but calling out Rashad's credible opponents isn't the way to convince someone because Machida's just aren't that credible either.

Can I borrow your crystal ball
telnights
3/17/09 5:39:17PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

So your saying Thiago Silva, Tito, Sokoudjou, Hoger, Stephan Bonnar, and Rich Franklin are not creditable wins? Lets look here, he beat all these guys by TKO/KO or UD. Rashad won a SD over Hoger which a bunch of people felt Hoger won. He also won a SD over Bisping. He technically lost to Tito but got the draw given to him because of Tito's inability to stop grabbing the cage.

Styles make fights. This will be a good fight but to say Machida hasn't fought anyone creditable is crazy. I think Rashad will have a hard time dealing with Machida's style just like everyone else has a hard time with it. He doesn't have much things he does over and over so its hard to know how to counter him. He also comes from crazy angles which causes fighters to fall in to his game plan. I teach boxing and I can tell you Machida's stand up is the one of the best I have seen in MMA. The only person that comes close in MMA is Anderson. Rashad's stand up isn't bad and he has power. But he struggles with strong technical strikers, well Machida not only is technical but its a technical that you cant really find anyone to train you for. Machida also is great at avoiding punches because of his style.

In the end I feel Machida will pull out the UD by picking Rashad apart on the feet. But this is a tough fight and I could see either fighter winning but if it ends up being a pure stand up fight I have to give the strong edge to Machida.
Pages: 1 2 [3]