KO 25% (18)
TKO by brutal GnP 17% (12)
Submission 0% (0)
Rickson by armbar 15% (11)
slapshot
3/11/09 12:53:44PM

Posted by SmileR

Rashad isn't that fast though,

False, Rashad has always had speed over his opponents, he is IMO faster that Machida but just like your statement mine is a opinion not a fact.

Posted by SmileR
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

Tito is a one dimensional fighter so its not as hard to deal with his wrestling as it would be Rashads so for that reason his wrestling is much better that Titos' especially because of Titos back injury.

Posted by SmileR
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!

A KO is a KO, it was not a HUGELY one sided fight dude, I think you need to re-watch it. Chuck was IMO winning the points game but not by much.

Posted by SmileRThe same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.
Actually he looked fairly dominant to me from the start to the end, I was sad Forrest lost.

Posted by SmileRI know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

I think what they mean is nobody likes Rashad and therefore they do just what you are doing here and go overboard with there assessments and say things we know are false because they cant stand him. I know I cant stand him as a person, but his skills as a fighter are top notch. I really cant say who I think will win this but i think Machida might have more opportunity's in the stand up if he can get Rashad to follow him so he can counter punch. In the end you do have some glaring inaccuracy's in your post especially your statement about Rashad's hand speed.

Posted by SmileRAlso name one thing that I said which is false?!
You haven't put up any sensible argument other than saying I'm wrong.

Done

tmas
3/11/09 1:15:23PM
in the UFC i have checked and from the 5 dec he hasnt lost a round, two dec i couldnt fight the stats for but im sure he didnt lose a round there.

HE HAS however lost a round to and almost a fight
Win Sam Greco Decision (Split) K-1 MMA - ROMANEX 5/22/2004 3 5:00

and
he couldnt finish BJ Penn a LW.

i love machida, i also love Shad, i just see Rashad winning, and hate when people throw ridiculas biased spins.

State_Champ
3/11/09 1:32:11PM
I don't know who will win this fight but I hope it is Machida, because I find Rashad's style to be very disagreeable and I definitely don't want to see him wearing a UFC champion belt any longer.
WAR LYOTO
Aaronno9
3/11/09 2:01:00PM
I agree with everything Smiler said. I think everytime a Rashad fan sees a logical argument to why he could loose a fight, they just put it straight down to the fact alot of people hate Rashad and dont respect his skills, which is absolute B.S in the case of the majority of this forum. It seems like ever since he k.o'd Chuck and Forrest everybody thinks hes an awesome striker. Which is almost true, I mean his boxing is really sharp nowdays. But lets not forget, he was loosing the standup exchanges against Forrest and Chuck before he knocked them out. He was also loosing standing against Tito. I think his wrestling is slightly overrated aswell. I mean its good yeah, but its nowhere near the level of the likes of GSP and Koscheck like some of his fans make it out to be. Lets not forget how he often struggled to takedown, and was taken down himself by a very undersized Bisping, who has absolutly 0 wrestling backround.

Anyways, I think Lyoto takes a decision. I think his Judo will make nullify Rashads wrestling, and his superior stand up and cardio will win him the fight. Rashad vs Rampage would of been a hell of alot closer though.
Dragoslav
3/11/09 2:09:17PM

Posted by nickcuc547

what makes you so sure machida will win, these two guys are about as evenly matched as they come if you ask me, striking power goes to rashad, technical striking goes to machida, footwork and athleticism are about even, wrestling goes to rashad and jiu jitsue to machida, I honestly don't know who to pick, but i'm leaning towards rashad due to his explosiveness. brutal fight to call though.

Sorry, but you're wrong on one point. Footwork goes to Machida by far. His striking is what beat Silva but he set it up with footwork and Silva is a far better striker than Evans. Machida is by far the most elusive striker at LHW.
slapshot
3/11/09 2:42:30PM
Silva is not a better striker, he's a more powerful striker but he's not as quick and his hand speed footwork and accuracy are far below Rashads.

I dont want evens to win but I think its a close fight. I think Aaronn09's comment about Lyoto's grappling and Rashads wrestling is interesting and is a good aspect to look at.
chickmagnet
3/11/09 4:15:26PM
Rashad's crotch grabbing antics in the Forrest fight made me lose all respect for him as a person and as a fighter. Machida wont get hit my Rashad, Nobody has figured out how to fight Machida yet, I dont think Rashad will, the only man in MMA who can strike with Machida is Anderson Silva which would be a great technical fight. Machida is training with Vitor Belfort, and Anderson Silva both who are WAY better boxers than Rashad and WAY faster than Rashad.

WAR LYOTO
Pookie
3/11/09 4:29:03PM
Its sumo he uses Aaronno. Ive never actually heard of his judo background if he does have one.
Franklinfan47
3/11/09 4:33:32PM
Two undefeated fighters, both having looked dominant and unstoppable lately. Toughy!

I think Lyoto's td defense will be the deciding factor here. He can stuff the td's and pick Rashad apart in the stand up in what I think will be a 5 round UD.

War Dragon
Aether
3/11/09 4:50:04PM

Posted by tmas

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rashad has the hand speed and power to test Machida's chin repeatedly. Combine that with Rashad being a counter puncher and Machida keeping his chin straight up and Rashad has a great chance to win this, especially by knockout. Too bad Rashad isnt 2-3 inches taller like the rest of the division or it would be an extremely easy pick for me.

Still... Evans by rd3 or rd4 TKO

Rashad isn't that fast though, and you seam to be forgetting Machida has been hit less than anyone in the history of the UFC, not to mention he has yet to lose a round. Add that to the fact that Machida has the hight, reach, speed advantage and add to that the fact that he has a great ground game and its a big mountain for Rashad to climb.

Rashad's last few fights haven't shown me anything to make me think he can hang on to the belt. He couldn't close the distance on Forrest until he broke his hand and Machida is a much better striker than Forrest and has about the same reach advantage.
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

I do respect Rashad's skill, he's a good wrestler and has good power in his punches. But I disagree hugely that he's as fast or accurate enough to catch Machida.
I'v said this in other threads as well but there is two fights Rashad should have lost up to now (Bisping & Tito) and I wouldn't call it luck but he has had fate on his side in his last two wins.
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!
The same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.

I know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

and you seem to forget it doesnt take being the least hit to be good all it takes is 1....1....1 1 pucnh espically from Rashad.....Do you actually believe any of that crap you wrote? i can write 4 paragraphs if needed or even just a setence to counter every single terrible false argument you have made in that......im not going to its pointless.

IF this fight takes place Rashad has every tool to beat Machida, honestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

Why even join the discussion if all you're going to do is berate someone for their opinion and tell them it's not worth your time to provide a logical counter-argument? Pretty ridiculous to call someone else out for "throwing out ridiculous biased spins" and then post something like that in return.
JimiMak
3/11/09 5:04:39PM
So the lulz begin. The start of the most dominant title history since, well ASilva (lol), is about to begin. Machida will not waste this opportunity. He will Make Rashad look as silly as he does everyone else. Line em up he's about to knock them all out.
Aether
3/11/09 7:38:01PM

Posted by JimiMak

So the lulz begin. The start of the most dominant title history since, well ASilva (lol), is about to begin. Machida will not waste this opportunity. He will Make Rashad look as silly as he does everyone else. Line em up he's about to knock them all out.

I dunno, Fedor has had a pretty dominant reign if you ask me. heh.
Aaronno9
3/11/09 8:29:23PM

Posted by Pookie

Its sumo he uses Aaronno. Ive never actually heard of his judo background if he does have one.

Really? Oh well. Just in his previous fights his takedowns and TDD often look similar to judo players games. Although my judo knowledge is absolutly minimum
SociopathX
3/12/09 12:01:49AM
I can't wait to see Machida beat that joker.
JimiMak
3/12/09 12:20:10AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by JimiMak

I dunno, Fedor has had a pretty dominant reign if you ask me. heh.

My original point was to make a joke cuz there is/are dominant title run(s) going on.... but if you want to be technical, Fedor has never had a dominant run at one title cuz orgs fold while he's champ. (curse?)
NatedawgThaM
3/12/09 8:48:01AM
If Tito couldn't take him down I seriously doubt Rashad will and Tito proved he was the dominant wrestler in their fight. So I don't see this fight hitting the ground at all unless like the Tito fight Machida ends up on top pounding the crap outta him.

I see it being on the feet and the only way Rashad will be able to take this is if he keeps throwing that one two, getting in and out and just throwing more punches and he could out work for a decision or a more likely scenario he sets up that overhand right and tests Machida's chin and could drop em. But Machida is a better technical striker IMO and I think he definitely can make Rashad look like an amateur boxer.

Just living on a prayer that Machida whoop's his ass but Rashad catches him late just cause I wanna see Rashad can beat bad, but I want that beatn to come from and the title to go to my man Rampage! But I still want Machida to school this doon-coon.
The_Italian_Stallion
3/12/09 10:19:30AM
All I have to say is that I thank all of you people picking Machida and everybody whose on the fence PLEASE PLEASE pick Lyoto!!!!

Not only will I make a sh*t load of money I'm gonna get a +2 Underdog pick when Rashad absolutely mauls this guy!
State_Champ
3/12/09 12:20:56PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

All I have to say is that I thank all of you people picking Machida and everybody whose on the fence PLEASE PLEASE pick Lyoto!!!!

Not only will I make a sh*t load of money I'm gonna get a +2 Underdog pick when Rashad absolutely mauls this guy!

I almost hope that Rashad does win simply because so many people would be surprised. But honestly, I don't like Rashad's style and hope Lyoto can get the belt from him.

WAR MACHIDA
Dragoslav
3/12/09 1:08:48PM
I have to laugh at people actually thinking Rashad will have a better camp than Machida will. While Rashad is at Jackson's training with Keith Jardine, Machida is training with the Nog brothers, Vitor and Anderson Silva. Rashad might get the benefit of GSP there to train with, but it still won't add up to a better camp than Machida gets.

I'm also laughing at people saying Rashad is a good technical striker and is faster and with better footwork than Machida. That haymaker he beat Chuck with was real technical. He'll never get the chance to throw that at Machida. And there's also no way in hell Rashad is a more technical striker than Thiago Silva, who's been training MT at Chute Boxe since before Rashad even got into MMA. Some of you guys need to actually learn about these fighters before you go spouting nonsense.
bjj1605
3/12/09 3:26:23PM
This will be Machida's coming out party. After he destroys Rashad he will emasculate Rampage and start his dissection of the LHW division. Soon every one will say "man lhw isn't very competitive. They could use some more talent." And "Machida should concentrate on super fights, there's no one left for him at LHW." Because this guy is the next P4P and he will be the next anderson silva.
JimiMak
3/12/09 4:35:51PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Rashad won't even be able to touch him. this whole match is gonna be lulz. Rashad looking bad and getting tagged over and over and over and over and then thrown for good measure, hehe... this is gonna be FUN.
slapshot
3/13/09 4:28:41AM

Posted by Dragoslav

I have to laugh at people actually thinking Rashad will have a better camp than Machida will. While Rashad is at Jackson's training with Keith Jardine, Machida is training with the Nog brothers, Vitor and Anderson Silva. Rashad might get the benefit of GSP there to train with, but it still won't add up to a better camp than Machida gets.

I'm also laughing at people saying Rashad is a good technical striker and is faster and with better footwork than Machida. That haymaker he beat Chuck with was real technical. He'll never get the chance to throw that at Machida. And there's also no way in hell Rashad is a more technical striker than Thiago Silva, who's been training MT at Chute Boxe since before Rashad even got into MMA. Some of you guys need to actually learn about these fighters before you go spouting nonsense.

Training with better fighters has yet to trump training with better coaches, some very good trainers where horrible fighters, some awesome fighters just are not cut out to train others, its funny you should mention big nog because IMO he is a prime example so it seems you might want to learn a little more about the sport yourself.

You did make me laugh about the "spouting nonsense" sorry but Rashad is faster and more technical with better footwork than Thiago Silva. I'm not going to sit here and argue my opinion with someone so obtuse other than to say I've watched both fighters more that enough times to "spout" my opinion.
Tein_Lung
3/13/09 2:47:12PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

Training with better fighters has yet to trump training with better coaches, some very good trainers where horrible fighters, some awesome fighters just are not cut out to train others, its funny you should mention big nog because IMO he is a prime example so it seems you might want to learn a little more about the sport yourself.

You did make me laugh about the "spouting nonsense" sorry but Rashad is faster and more technical with better footwork than Thiago Silva. I'm not going to sit here and argue my opinion with someone so obtuse other than to say I've watched both fighters more that enough times to "spout" my opinion.

Anderson trains and teaches with the Nogs... when was the last time he was beat...

oh yeah..
Dragoslav
3/13/09 4:52:13PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

Faster, yes. Better footwork or more technical? No. It only appears Rashad has better footwork because he is so fast. His reaction times are fantastic, I give you that. But look at his fights more closely. He creates no angles. Yes he circles well but only to evade. I have yet to see him circle and counter well.
warglory
3/13/09 7:33:47PM
Anyone who thinks Rashad is a superior striker to Machida needs to examine both fighters a bit closer. Machida has literally been picking apart fighters his whole career with his stand up skills, be they defensive or offensive. Rashad's skills, while showing great improvement over the months/years, are still very green and haven't been truly tested against a dynamic striker (Forrest and Chuck I consider brawlers, same with Rampage). Evans should definitely be the underdog in this fight, and with good reason.
Boo_Radley21
3/13/09 9:30:13PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

Anderson trains and teaches with the Nogs... when was the last time he was beat...

oh yeah..

Rashad Evans trains with Greg Jackson...when was the last time he was beat...

oh yea..
coldchillin
3/13/09 11:46:57PM
whoever has Rashad winning this fight, let's do an avatar bet.

slapshot
3/14/09 4:50:31AM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

oh yeah..

Anderson is a exceptional fighter no matter who trains with him. I dont think that because he trains with the nog's matters near as much as the fact he is a one of a kind fighter and a natural striker /shrug. In contrast Jacksons camp is full of top fighters because of his reputation of vastly improving there skills in more than just one aspect of the sport.

We are kind of derailing the thread here so Im just going to leave it at that.
Dragoslav
3/14/09 4:43:56PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

oh yeah..

oh yea..

Who does Rashad have a win over that's credible besides a slipping 37 year old Chuck Liddell?
Boo_Radley21
3/14/09 4:57:47PM

Posted by Dragoslav

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Dragoslav

oh yeah..

oh yea..

Who does Rashad have a win over that's credible besides a slipping 37 year old Chuck Liddell?

Come on man you gotta be kidding me. Who does Machida have a win over that's credible. His most credible wins are over Thiago Silva who would lose to Chuck and Forrest (Who Rashad beat) and Tito who got KO'd twice by Liddell and beat Forrest in a decision that could have gone either way. I understand that you like Machida and can also understand why people are picking him to win, but calling out Rashad's credible opponents isn't the way to convince someone because Machida's just aren't that credible either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3