Decision UD 36% (26)
Decision SD 7% (5)
KO 25% (18)
TKO by brutal GnP 17% (12)
Submission 0% (0)
Rickson by armbar 15% (11)
StorminYourman
3/10/09 5:58:36PM
Not sure on the creditbility of these sites but here you go guys.

linky
dinky
mentalcase
3/10/09 6:04:04PM
rickson won most of his fights by rnc
nickcuc547
3/10/09 6:08:11PM
what makes you so sure machida will win, these two guys are about as evenly matched as they come if you ask me, striking power goes to rashad, technical striking goes to machida, footwork and athleticism are about even, wrestling goes to rashad and jiu jitsue to machida, I honestly don't know who to pick, but i'm leaning towards rashad due to his explosiveness. brutal fight to call though.
Wolfenstein
3/10/09 6:10:08PM
Looks like it's the real deal, as I've seen it reported at a few other places now, and one site I believe to be pretty solid Sportsnet. They also pointed out the fact that there was a banner of Page vs Evans, which has now been taken down and replaced by Rashad vs TBD.

sportsnet link
bls1919
3/10/09 6:14:33PM
God let this be true!?!?!?! I cant wait to see this fight. Rashad is in trouble in a big way. The Dragon is coming and bringing hell with him. Rashad will end up sucking dust from the canvas before its all over.
fizzle
3/10/09 6:22:35PM
Heres hoping Machida gets his shot to shine. I think Machida takes this one via UD. They are quite even though i wouldn't say that footwork is even, I have to give footwork to Machida as he simply does not get hit. Sugar's foot work is good, not trying to take anything away from him. Power and Wrestling go to Sugar, but we've seen what Power does against footwork like Machida's, really nothing. I don't think Sugar is going to get after The Dragon too much as both are typical counter punchers. I think Machida takes this fight after an extremely hard fought decision. I hope Evans is ready to go five rounds, because if he isn't Machida is and any difference in the men down to the diet could mean the difference between a win and a loss.
sparky
3/10/09 6:52:59PM
He wont win!!!!
Aaronno9
3/10/09 7:02:22PM
Woohoo. Finally get to see Rashad put back in his place.
chickmagnet
3/10/09 7:03:03PM

Posted by sparky

He wont win!!!!

YES HE WILL!!!! lol
StriderXero
3/10/09 7:19:19PM
I can see Rashad screaming himself to sleep already.
sparky
3/10/09 7:27:48PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by sparky

He wont win!!!!

YES HE WILL!!!! lol

If we lived anywhere near each other i would bet u on it!!!!
mkiv9secsupra
3/10/09 8:10:49PM
Rashad has the hand speed and power to test Machida's chin repeatedly. Combine that with Rashad being a counter puncher and Machida keeping his chin straight up and Rashad has a great chance to win this, especially by knockout. Too bad Rashad isnt 2-3 inches taller like the rest of the division or it would be an extremely easy pick for me.

Still... Evans by rd3 or rd4 TKO
dannyfrank
3/10/09 8:17:14PM
machida via kamayamaya attack!!!!!!

WAR MACHIDA!!!!
grappler0000
3/10/09 8:18:44PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by sparky

He wont win!!!!

YES HE WILL!!!! lol

If we lived anywhere near each other i would bet u on it!!!!

You could always utilize the new avatar bet feature.
Violence108
3/10/09 8:23:08PM
the dragon will be slayen at UFC 98
Evans by KO!!!!!!
higdon10
3/10/09 8:46:42PM
The Evans bashing is unreal on the Playground tonight.
StriderXero
3/10/09 8:57:37PM

Posted by higdon10

this is nothing like the bashing he's going to recieve at 98. If you catch my drift
Boo_Radley21
3/10/09 9:24:04PM

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by higdon10

this is nothing like the bashing he's going to recieve at 98. If you catch my drift

No sir. Rashad is going to take Machida to the ground and beat him. Machida won't win this one boys. And if he does he it's all good cause Rampage is gonna knock his head off his shoulders.
SmileR
3/11/09 12:16:56AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rashad has the hand speed and power to test Machida's chin repeatedly. Combine that with Rashad being a counter puncher and Machida keeping his chin straight up and Rashad has a great chance to win this, especially by knockout. Too bad Rashad isnt 2-3 inches taller like the rest of the division or it would be an extremely easy pick for me.

Rashad isn't that fast though, and you seam to be forgetting Machida has been hit less than anyone in the history of the UFC, not to mention he has yet to lose a round. Add that to the fact that Machida has the hight, reach, speed advantage and add to that the fact that he has a great ground game and its a big mountain for Rashad to climb.

Rashad's last few fights haven't shown me anything to make me think he can hang on to the belt. He couldn't close the distance on Forrest until he broke his hand and Machida is a much better striker than Forrest and has about the same reach advantage.
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

I do respect Rashad's skill, he's a good wrestler and has good power in his punches. But I disagree hugely that he's as fast or accurate enough to catch Machida.
I'v said this in other threads as well but there is two fights Rashad should have lost up to now (Bisping & Tito) and I wouldn't call it luck but he has had fate on his side in his last two wins.
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!
The same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.

I know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

Pookie
3/11/09 1:44:27AM
I think Rashad has a one inch reach advantage 75-74
gartface
3/11/09 1:56:34AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by higdon10

No sir. Rashad is going to take Machida to the ground and beat him. Machida won't win this one boys. And if he does he it's all good cause Rampage is gonna knock his head off his shoulders.

When was the last time Rashad took a fight to the ground, other than being on top of Forrest after the knock down? He's no longer a wrestler, he's a cocky boxer. This fight isn't going to get started until probably the third round, because Machida is a counter fighter and Rashad just shuffles his feet until he gets close to his opponent.

I'm sorry, but if anyone will get beat on the ground it will be Rashad. I think that Machida picks him apart while Rashad tries to swing for the fences. Rickson by Armbar.
slapshot
3/11/09 1:57:29AM
I think this is a much more difficult fight for Rashad than rampage would have been.
coldchillin
3/11/09 2:04:40AM
well looks like there isn't going to be a Rashad-Rampage title fight... Rashad is going to get his ass kicked decisively by Machida.

Anybody who has Rashad winning this fight and wants to do an avatar bet... let me know.

PABLOMAFIOSO
3/11/09 5:46:43AM
This is a close fight to call but I don't see it going the distance. I'm torn between Rashad GnP TKO or Machida KO.
tmas
3/11/09 7:05:13AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rashad isn't that fast though, and you seam to be forgetting Machida has been hit less than anyone in the history of the UFC, not to mention he has yet to lose a round. Add that to the fact that Machida has the hight, reach, speed advantage and add to that the fact that he has a great ground game and its a big mountain for Rashad to climb.

Rashad's last few fights haven't shown me anything to make me think he can hang on to the belt. He couldn't close the distance on Forrest until he broke his hand and Machida is a much better striker than Forrest and has about the same reach advantage.
His wrestling isn't much better if any better than Tito's and Machida dealt with him pretty easily. I doubt very much he's as good a striker as Silva or hits anywhere near as hard as him.

I do respect Rashad's skill, he's a good wrestler and has good power in his punches. But I disagree hugely that he's as fast or accurate enough to catch Machida.
I'v said this in other threads as well but there is two fights Rashad should have lost up to now (Bisping & Tito) and I wouldn't call it luck but he has had fate on his side in his last two wins.
A KO of Chuck in a hugely one sided fight in Chucks favor up to the flash and awesome KO!
The same in the Forrest fight, Rashad had nothing to answer Forrests reach and couldn't close the gap until he injured his hand.

I know this is a long reply but with everyone saying no one gives Rashad enough respect I'm constantly left wondering if his fans are giving him to much?
He only seams to do just enough to win and is content doing that, as the champion I don't think this will be enough.

and you seem to forget it doesnt take being the least hit to be good all it takes is 1....1....1 1 pucnh espically from Rashad.....Do you actually believe any of that crap you wrote? i can write 4 paragraphs if needed or even just a setence to counter every single terrible false argument you have made in that......im not going to its pointless.

IF this fight takes place Rashad has every tool to beat Machida, honestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.
NatedawgThaM
3/11/09 9:08:40AM
I really don't like Rashad and want Rampage too knock em the freak out for the title but I'm actually praying he lands an overhand right and finally tests Machidas chin and KO's him.

I want Rampage wit da belt but I want em to KO Rashad for it!!!!

Praying Rashad KO in the 2nd or 3rd
magnifica
3/11/09 10:18:07AM

Posted by tmashonestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

lol. Yeah, Rashah is really similar. He's been learning striking from a grandmaster since the age of three.
SmileR
3/11/09 10:57:40AM

Posted by tmas

and you seem to forget it doesnt take being the least hit to be good all it takes is 1....1....1 1 pucnh espically from Rashad.....Do you actually believe any of that crap you wrote? i can write 4 paragraphs if needed or even just a setence to counter every single terrible false argument you have made in that......im not going to its pointless.

IF this fight takes place Rashad has every tool to beat Machida, honestly the two are very similar fighters.....plus Jackson advantage.

Haha yes I do actually!
Everything I wrote is true and if you say it just takes one punch to put Machida to sleep the same argument could be made for Rashad. He just KO'd Silva. The only thing I'm not completely sure about is the reach advantage but I'm assuming it will be about the same.

You don't really have much of a argument as everything I said is true. My opinion at the end about Rashad doing just enough is exactly that ,my opinion.
The fact that he trains with a great camp will help, but if he relies on that one big KO punch like he has in his last few fight he won't find it against THE most elusive fighter in the game.

Also name one thing that I said which is false?!
If you can show me one fight Machida has had where he dropped a round I'll let you pick my Av for a month!
You haven't put up any sensible argument other than saying I'm wrong.
EvenFlow
3/11/09 11:17:10AM

Posted by tmas

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You cant hit what you cant catch
the_01
3/11/09 11:27:24AM
Finally !!! I hope this is true.
The Dragon all the way, most probably by decision
But dont expect a brutal fight, this will be technical and beutiful for experts, boring with little action for ametures.
Pages: [1] 2 3