Downloading

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Downloading
Rabi
7/26/12 11:24:07AM
Ive always ised Piratebay to download, mma events, music etc, but that doesnt seem to be working any more. Can some one please recommend a good site to use instead.
Ordep
7/26/12 11:33:52AM
How dare you, Pirate!!! Support the sport by paying for what you see...

just kidding Rabi, I've sent you a PM since I think publishing those links would be against Forum rules

Rabi
7/26/12 11:36:50AM
All joking aside, I only download the mma events that aren't available in the UK!
FastKnockout
7/26/12 1:02:51PM
Since we're talking about downloading.. What's this "youtube converter" I keep hearing about?
FlashyG
7/26/12 1:18:25PM
I'm pretty sure it allows you to download video's or audio from Youtube videos and convert them to other file types.

Probably works on other video sites as well.
Bubbles
7/26/12 1:33:29PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Since we're talking about downloading.. What's this "youtube converter" I keep hearing about?

what I sometimes use a a "youtube to mp3 converter" (just google it and theres like 5 at the top that work). So if there is a song or audio clip you want, copy and paste the URL into the converter (its on the site) and it converts the audio into an mp3 file.
crushedbacon
7/26/12 2:58:00PM

Posted by Rabi

Ive always ised Piratebay to download, mma events, music etc, but that doesnt seem to be working any more. Can some one please recommend a good site to use instead.

You need to upgrade your Torrent client... I've heard this from a few people but TPB is certainly still working. After you click on the torrent you want to download ... look for the "Get this Torrent"... beside that there is a link to Upgrade you're Torrent client, do that then you shoudl be good to go.

Bubbles
7/26/12 5:31:04PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by Rabi

You need to upgrade your Torrent client... I've heard this from a few people but TPB is certainly still working. After you click on the torrent you want to download ... look for the "Get this Torrent"... beside that there is a link to Upgrade you're Torrent client, do that then you shoudl be good to go.

I think some of the files are "magnet torrents" or w/e that means
MiniMan
7/26/12 6:24:32PM
xtremewrestlingtorrentz.net

Look no further, You must have a share ratio of 0.6 or higher. They have the best catalog of MMA and WWE. Great speeds too.
Gogoplatapus
7/26/12 7:17:31PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by Rabi

Pirate Bay still works.
grappler0000
7/27/12 1:16:09AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by Rabi

I think some of the files are "magnet torrents" or w/e that means

Yes, a while back, they switched to using magnets instead of torrent files. Magnets are just a different way of doing basically the same thing...it's just data being passed along, instead of a torrent file.
Kpro
7/27/12 1:21:29AM
Almost 6 years being an undercover FBI agent on this site has finally paid off. I'm taking you all down!
BlueSkiesBurn
7/27/12 4:30:41PM

Posted by Kpro

Almost 6 years being an undercover FBI agent on this site has finally paid off. I'm taking you all down!

You'll have to put down that mirror and razor if you want to make any arrests.
samelia
7/28/12 3:15:23AM
If you download the free studio manager for your computer that will do the trick for youtube. You can either download the clips or convert youtube music clips to mp3 or for ipod/phone whatever. It converts everything you could imagine.
MMAcca
7/29/12 4:59:01AM
PMd
Aether
7/29/12 5:44:21AM
Depends on what you want. If you're not a big downloader, the public sites that have already been mentioned should be more than fine. If you want a lot of quality and selection, I would look up some private sites and check them once in a while until there's an open sign-up period, make an account, and start trading invites.

It takes a long time, but I have like 7 or 8 specialized private sites for various things; MMA, movies, music, video games, television, and a couple of scene trackers that just release a variety of whatever is popular. This is only worth doing if you download a lot of stuff though. The benefit is you have access to things pretty much as soon as they hit the internet, faster downloads, and no viruses/fake torrents.