The downfall of Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The downfall of Arlovski
holt8081
5/13/08 3:16:28PM
What happend to Arlovski he went from champ to fighting on the prelims where did he go wrong, I know his fight with Fabricio Werdum was bad but was it that bad.
TWITA
5/13/08 3:24:13PM
Ever since AA got KTFO by Timmy - he's never been the same. He is way too tentative and overthinks what his opponent can/cannot do. I seriously think that in his own mind, AA makes his opponents tougher than they really are. See the Pitbull, be the Pitbull.
Jackelope
5/13/08 3:33:17PM
He definitely lost the animal inside. His exciting career went out the window with all of his body hair.

I'm sticking with this being the reason-

He came in, made some big bangs and rose to the top real fast. Then it all came crashing down around him with the KO from Sylvia. At this point he'd made some money and fame which caused him to lose the anger and fire inside. Arlovski saw how quick he could lose it all (the respect, the fame, the belt) and he got tentative. He was holding on to what he had left for dear life instead of clawing and scratching to get more of what he was due.

I really do think that he's got the fire back now. I just want to see the chest and back hair, the vampire fangs, and the fire in the eyes Arlovski that we all know and love.

(Yeah, it's scary to admit that I "Know and love" a man with mass amounts of chest and back hair)
Raykill
5/13/08 3:38:45PM

Posted by Jackelope

He definitely lost the animal inside. His exciting career went out the window with all of his body hair.

He came in, made some big bangs and rose to the top real fast. Then it all came crashing down around him with the KO from Sylvia. At this point he'd made some money and fame which caused him to lose the anger and fire inside. Arlovski saw how quick he could lose it all (the respect, the fame, the belt) and he got tentative. He was holding on to what he had left for dear life instead of clawing and scratching to get more of what he was due.

I really do think that he's got the fire back now. I just want to see the chest and back hair, the vampire fangs, and the fire in the eyes Arlovski that we all know and love.

(Yeah, it's scary to admit that I "Know and love" a man with mass amounts of chest and back hair)

but not in a gay way at all.
holt8081
5/13/08 3:38:52PM
And he has the best mouthpiece in mma
SmileR
5/13/08 6:43:47PM

Posted by Jackelope

I was ready to flame you to death to defend my main man Andrei but then i read on!
I think in part you're right but he was put right back in against Tim once he was KO'd and as Andrei says himself he bought into his own hype!
He was the aggressor in the first two rounds of the second fight right up to the point Big Tim checked this leg kick and then you could tell he was hurt.
I personally think he did enough to win but you have to pretty much KO or sub the camp to get the belt.
After that he still has two KO's and a decision against top competition and they are all grapplers who would have loved him to overcommit so they could pin him down and either sub or grind out a decision against him.
Hopefully he'll resign with the UFC and they'll give him some real comptition again. I'd love to see Arlovski Vs Kongo just to show how much of a dominant striker he is.

Arlovski is really the only guy who can take the title away from Big Nog or at least give one hell of a exciting match trying to do so! I agree with Jackelope though.
You can see the old hungry Arlovski is back! I feel sorry for whoever he fights next because they are going to be murdered! Hes so tough his hair is frightened to break through his skin incase he beats the crap out of it!

War Andrei!

EDIT: -

I love him more!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 7:17:07PM
this could be a blessing in disguise, AA has fedor, timmay, aleks, barnett, & couture as potential fights. NOT TOO SHABBY IMO
89vision
5/13/08 8:38:39PM
It's called having a gameplan, i believe that he won the 3rd sylvia fight and after getting KO'd at UFC 59 he started to fight smart, what the hell is wrong with that? ive never heard so much criticism toward a fighter not getting a KO every fight!!!! this is starting to get ridiculous, sure he could and probably should have finished werdum but they both know when werdum is on the ground andrei is not good enough to go there unless he has side control or better, look at how reckless he was back in the day, it cost him his first mma fight against a nobody and the ricco fight was a disaster, as for the rizzo fight that was an absolute war and somebody was going down too bad for andrei it was him, the UFC should have given him a chance here to fight nog but i think there too embarressed or something to give him a shot unless he wins a high profile hyped fight, i guarentee he'll be back hes just getting some wins under his belt, and still relatively young, i prefer he stays smart in the cage to be honest with you guys, yeah he was very exciting but this is his career he has to worry about, none of you keyboarders have to worry about fighting for a career
chubbud22
5/13/08 9:00:28PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

this could be a blessing in disguise, AA has fedor, timmay, aleks, barnett, & couture as potential fights. NOT TOO SHABBY IMO

Iagree, Arlovski is stepping up in compitition.
Broknmunky
5/14/08 9:03:54AM
WAR AA!!!
pv3Hpv3p
5/14/08 1:27:06PM
He definitley became more tenative after the KO loss... But I don't know, he's a counter fighter that tries to fight the smart fight... I see it kinda like the same way people bitch about GSP not standing and trading enough... Especially in a organization like the UFC where a loss could mean some serious bad news for a fighter (careerwise)

I think being burried on an undercard was just the UFC's way of trying not to give Andre any free advertising on his way to being a free agent... Some might consider this an underhanded tactic, so miight even say it's downright childish... Some might go so far as to say that Dana White can be gayer than dick flavored bubble gum

I dont' know what the truth is... It seems that the UFC's HW div is slowly falling apart... As I see it now the UFC has two divisions locked up (talentwise)... Welterweight and Light Heavy... They have an awesom LW div as well, but there are plenty of good L:Ws out there as we can all see by the exciting tournament that Dream has put on so far... There's no clear organization that has a better HW div, so to say... But with guys like Anotonio Silva, Fedor, Sylvia, Barney, Kharitonov, Rothwell, Overeem, etc out there; it's tough to argue that the UFC has more standout HWs than the bunch.. Personally think EliteXC has the best MW div, sans Anderson of course...
Jackelope
5/14/08 1:47:21PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

He definitley became more tenative after the KO loss... But I don't know, he's a counter fighter that tries to fight the smart fight... I see it kinda like the same way people bitch about GSP not standing and trading enough... Especially in a organization like the UFC where a loss could mean some serious bad news for a fighter (careerwise)

I think being burried on an undercard was just the UFC's way of trying not to give Andre any free advertising on his way to being a free agent... Some might consider this an underhanded tactic, so miight even say it's downright childish... Some might go so far as to say that Dana White can be gayer than dick flavored bubble gum

I dont' know what the truth is... It seems that the UFC's HW div is slowly falling apart... As I see it now the UFC has two divisions locked up (talentwise)... Welterweight and Light Heavy... They have an awesom LW div as well, but there are plenty of good L:Ws out there as we can all see by the exciting tournament that Dream has put on so far... There's no clear organization that has a better HW div, so to say... But with guys like Anotonio Silva, Fedor, Sylvia, Barney, Kharitonov, Rothwell, Overeem, etc out there; it's tough to argue that the UFC has more standout HWs than the bunch.. Personally think EliteXC has the best MW div, sans Anderson of course...

and I'm stealing the dick flavored bubble gum line. That's great!
ICSlegend
5/16/08 5:48:09PM
Wow, I must have been living in a cave, when did Tim KO Arlovski !?

I saw an early stoppage when Tim was punching Arlovski's HAND, which was up, defending his head. AA didn't look like he might move out of the POTENTIALLY precarious position, so I guess that is why it was stopped, but he just sat up once the bell rang. Didn't look rocked at all. If that big punch which brought him down didn't KO, the shorter, less powerful ones Tim was following up with would not get the job done. Ref should have let it go to see what Andrei would do.

And AA edged Tim in the second fight (arguable, sure, but Tim was not DEFINITIVELY the better man).

And AA's following matchups were a combo of him being tentative and his opponents not willing to engage on the feet (which probably would have pushed AA to engage more as well and maybe get a KO).

I fail to see a downfall. More of a slowdown. Hopefuly AA will return to werewolf mode and start slaughtering heavies like he used to.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/17/08 1:43:56AM
affliction has better heavy weight match ups.
chubbud22
5/17/08 3:03:02AM

Posted by holt8081

What happend to Arlovski he went from champ to fighting on the prelims where did he go wrong, I know his fight with Fabricio Werdum was bad but was it that bad.

It's not a downfall; he had a couple of bad fights. He got screwed; thats why Dana did not have him fight on the main card. AA is still a beast in the game and I would not mind seeing him fight Fedor one of these days. Im not saying he would beat Fedor, but I would like to see that fight
mrsmiley
5/17/08 9:46:00AM
Some fighters just seem to lose that killer instinct,or get burned out.I think AA had and still has the potential to be one of the biggest threats in the division,but I kind of look at him as the heavier version of Vitor Belfort. A lot of potential,but somewere down they line they have seemed to lose focuse.

It doesn't help the UFC dropped his marketing and made him look obsolete either.Hopefully he signs with Affliction and gets a few solid wins under his belt.
bigbubbano23
5/17/08 10:57:23PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa louis this is not my batman cup.