Double trouble: Interview with the Diaz brothers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Double trouble: Interview with the Diaz brothers
SmileR
3/2/08 10:04:52PM
Sean McManus (MMAmania.com): Definitely a good idea – he’s done well for sure. Now you’re coming off a really tough loss to KJ Noons because of a doctor’s stoppage when you competed for the 160-pound EliteXC title. There was talk of an immediate …

Nick Diaz: First off, I don’t see it as a tough loss, you know? I don’t feel like I lost that fight. The doctor stopped the fight, the ref didn’t stop the fight, maybe if the ref had stopped it that would be one thing, but the doctor stopped it. It’s ridiculous.

Sean McManus (MMAmania.com): Alright, now there were rumblings of an immediate rematch, but …

Nick Diaz: No there was a rematch. I was supposed to fight him, that’s what I’ve been training for recently here. I got a call saying that he didn’t take the rematch; he didn’t want to fight me, whatever. I said right on man, scared mother ******. But that’s cool.

Here's the link to the rest of the interview.
MALICE
3/2/08 10:34:44PM
Good interview. I have always been a fan of Nick Diaz. now I am a fan of Nate as well. I hope Nick gets a rematch with Noons. I would like to see that fight go to a finish.
SmileR
3/2/08 10:40:24PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Good interview. I have always been a fan of Nick Diaz. now I am a fan of Nate as well. I hope Nick gets a rematch with Noons. I would like to see that fight go to a finish.

Me to man, Its a bit of a chump move as well not taking a rematch.
I could understand if Noons KO'd him or was schooling him through out but i would actually give that fight to Nick before the stoppage.

I guess Noons must seriously think Diaz would win in a rematch.
bullettdodger
3/2/08 11:01:39PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by xxMALICExx

Me to man, Its a bit of a chump move as well not taking a rematch.
I could understand if Noons KO'd him or was schooling him through out but i would actually give that fight to Nick before the stoppage.

I guess Noons must seriously think Diaz would win in a rematch.

Noons doesn't think, Noons knows Diaz would hand him his ass and take the Belt as change for the transaction. Great interveiw thanks for the post
nightcrawler_billotto
3/2/08 11:08:32PM
i love his attitude. i really hope we see a re-match with gomi. and id like to see him vs lawler.
NatedawgThaM
3/2/08 11:45:08PM
What a coward. Since cuts won't be a problem the second time around, KJ wants to keep running. Yves is going to stomp him anyway and I can't wait for that.

Kurt & Nate is going to be a war! Nate's reach is going to be a problem on the feet and I think on feet it will be interesting and on the ground it will be a an all out war like the Diego/Nick fight except with Nate's long limbs, he'll catch him sometime.

Definitely two of my favorite fighters. Nick's already a top contender in proelite and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nate as one by the end of 08. Especially if the compeition keeps getting better. Possibly fight Joe Daddy if he submits Kurt? That'd be a war also.
Pookie
3/3/08 2:09:36AM
Good Article, I see the inevitable rematch looking like his fight with lawler.
RocBoulder
3/3/08 4:51:53AM
Thanks.

Nick Diaz has always been one of my favorite fighters. Nate has been improving heavily and can throw down a triangle or arm bar from any position.
whardin19
3/3/08 7:01:44AM
I've heard two different stories on if the rematch was offered or not. Both guys are saying something different. I would like to here from EliteXC themselves on if the rematch was turned down.