Jr. Dos Santos wants to fight Cain

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jr. Dos Santos wants to fight Cain
POLL: Who wins
Cain 63% (31)
Jr Dos Santos 37% (18)
icantthinkofanything
4/26/10 9:30:41AM

"With the fight for the belt between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, the American Cain Velasquez, Rodrigo Minotauro’s tormentor on his last fight *UFC 110), should be the next on the line for this opportunity, for Cigano’s mischance, who was waiting for a chance to revenge his master and get a little closer from his dream."

Link
postman
4/26/10 9:36:41AM
This is one of the best HW match ups that could be made. I doubt it would matter but I would love for it to be annouced that its a #1 contender match and will be 5 rds.
BigBadAl
4/26/10 9:52:02AM
Dos Santos for me. RD1 KO.
mrsmiley
4/26/10 9:52:34AM
This fight needs to happen!
Right now the UFC has a star studded HW roster and this is a huge fight for the division.

Carwin vs Brock
Brock vs Cain
Cain vs Dos Santos
Dos Santos vs Carwin
Carwin vs Cain

I want to see these four guys duke it out in every combination possible!
icantthinkofanything
4/26/10 10:10:44AM
+ 1 regarding postman's comments.

I would love to see this fight, and would want it to be 5 rds for a #1 contender. A 5 rder for a non title fight may b a bit much to expect, but these 2 would need 5 rds. I would pick Cain because he is more well rounded, and I think he would avoid the standup fight vs Jr.
This fight would be fight of the year for the HW division.

maybe even better than Carwin v Lesnar imo!
MisterFreeze
4/26/10 10:11:49AM

Posted by mrsmiley

This fight needs to happen!
Right now the UFC has a star studded HW roster and this is a huge fight for the division.

Carwin vs Brock
Brock vs Cain
Cain vs Dos Santos
Dos Santos vs Carwin
Carwin vs Cain

I want to see these four guys duke it out in every combination possible!

I absolutely agree!! This is the best time to have JDS fight Cain, while they're young. Plus it builds up an even bigger rematch down the road for the winners and losers.
manstrabula
4/26/10 11:13:25AM
I pray for 2 things at night, Good fights and the the hope that Red Dawn really happens so i can shoot some commies, i know one probably wont happen but i got to say this would make an AWESOME fight and until then i will keep cleaning my gun lol
Taylor8766
4/26/10 12:00:04PM
There is no question as to whether this fight should happen, its gotta for the #1 contender spot, and IMO I think Cain would take this one with superior wrestling and ground game, the standup IMO would be very close and I could see this one going to a unamious decision via Cain.
prozacnation1978
4/26/10 12:19:27PM
Fight won't happen just yet
Dana wants cain and jds for title shots.
Cain will sit and wait like carwin did and jds will get another fight
Maybe a can I doubt mir fights him but a todd duffee or a joey
Beltran yes. Or feed him heath herring
runningman08
4/26/10 1:46:29PM
This is a good match up. I'm not sure who i want to win but when choosing who i think is going to win i got to go with Cain Unanimous Decision. This may be the first fight where we see JDS's Ground game. That will be the deciding factor.
MaxOne
4/26/10 2:03:17PM
i'd be surprised if they fight before one if not both of them get a shot at the title. If they fight first then one of them is temporarily out of the picture as a contender.

I think Cain has earned his shot by smashing Nog but maybe JDS will get the chance to derail Cain before Cain get's his shot. I lean towards Cain in this match up.
BigIP
4/26/10 2:31:30PM
Both these guys deserve a title shot. How did Brock get a title shot with only 2 MMA wins? I guess money talks. If JDS can stuff Cain's takedowns I think he wins this fight.
icantthinkofanything
4/26/10 3:17:32PM
I think this fight will happen, but not until after Cain gets his title shot. It is a good idea to have 2 unbeaten confident challengers lined up next for Lesnar-Carwin winner, from the UFC point of view. That way they can hype the fights up more. But I would rather see them fight now, and may the best man win. Than after Carwin fight, there is a true #1 contender.
bjj1605
4/26/10 4:08:08PM
It would make absolutely no sense for this fight to happen now. Both guys have already earned title shots and both deserve them. If one or the other wins the belt, we could see them fight for the title. If one or the other or both loses they can fight to get back in to contention.

PLZ PLZ PLZ don't let this fight happen until after both fighters get title shots. No reason to destroy a potential contender
MisterFreeze
4/26/10 8:31:57PM

Posted by bjj1605

It would make absolutely no sense for this fight to happen now. Both guys have already earned title shots and both deserve them. If one or the other wins the belt, we could see them fight for the title. If one or the other or both loses they can fight to get back in to contention.

PLZ PLZ PLZ don't let this fight happen until after both fighters get title shots. No reason to destroy a potential contender

If these two fight now, it will not destroy the loser. Both men are considered top fighters and there is always a loser to every fight. So if for example JDS lost to Cain, it doesn't mean JDS sucks, just that Cain is very very good.
However I truly believe JDS will crush Cain and I hope this fight happens and the winner can fight the winner of Carwin/Lesnar. and the loser can fight the loser of Carwin/Lesnar.
tcunningham
4/26/10 9:09:25PM
this would be the best fight for both me and the fighters. it will really show what both fighters potential is. ive never been a real big believer in cain but i do think hes a hell of a fighter. i can see JDS being a champ one day but this fight would really show if that is true. i think cain would win but thats just what i think at this moment cause it really could be either one.
TheGodfather1024
4/27/10 1:11:01AM
This would be an interesting match up. I want to think Dos Santos would win but I think Velazquez would be able to take him down and hold him there.
Drudinh
4/27/10 4:53:11AM
I think cain can take him down and make it a fun fight. But I see blackhous training for that and pulling a sub Nog style.