Dos Santos offers catalogue of excuses for UFC 155

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dos Santos offers catalogue of excuses for UFC 155
Rabi
1/12/13 5:46:20PM
Junior Dos Santos has attempted to explain his lop-sided UFC heavyweight title defeat to Cain Velasquez, claiming he had personal problems leading into the fight and he peaked too early in his training.

LINK
sparky
1/12/13 5:54:06PM
Whatever the case may be Velasquez dominated and he deserves all the credit he is getting.

Chael_Sonnen
1/12/13 5:55:21PM
Creatine levels too high or the INABILITY to avoid punches to the grill

What's next on his catalogue of excuses? Cain was a meany and beat me up made me look like a Bellator HW
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
1/12/13 5:55:42PM
come on, just accept the loss and learn from it. These excuses make you sound like Tito and Penn
jae_1833
1/12/13 6:44:07PM
Tito!! Never!!!!!
JLS1980
1/12/13 7:53:07PM

Posted by sparky

Whatever the case may be Velasquez dominated and he deserves all the credit he is getting.

As a much bigger fan of JDS than Cain, JDS should give Cain all the credit. Cain came in, pushed the pace and executed his game plan.
sbulldavid
1/12/13 8:59:14PM
That's just the way team Nog rolls, knew it would come.
george112
1/12/13 11:54:22PM
Boo. Take it like a man.

Well. I guess you already did
prozacnation1978
1/13/13 8:01:23AM
When Cain lost the belt. He had excuses too
KingCmb
1/13/13 8:46:44AM
excuses are lame
Bubbles
1/13/13 10:50:35AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

When Cain lost the belt. He had excuses too

I don't remember hearing Cain making excuses but a knee injury that required surgery that hampered his movement is a much more valid excuse than "I wasn't mentally ready for this title defense"
airkerma
1/13/13 11:23:29AM
He should just admit he took the fight lightly and thought Cain wouldn't be a threat.
MALICE
1/13/13 1:21:22PM
So, JDS is asked his opinion on why he lost the fight. He responds with a comment stating he didn't feel he was mentally strong and doctors told him he may have over trained. This is chalked up as a list of excuses and suddenly JDS loses credibility. I don't understand how this happens after every event. I see JDS's comments as a simple self-assessment, which I believe in no way was meant as an insult to Velasquez's abilities or achievements.
frizzzlecake
1/13/13 2:46:17PM
Lmaoa his excuse, I was too good at training.

JDS is a sore loser.
Bubbles
1/13/13 2:59:26PM

Posted by MALICE

So, JDS is asked his opinion on why he lost the fight. He responds with a comment stating he didn't feel he was mentally strong and doctors told him he may have over trained. This is chalked up as a list of excuses and suddenly JDS loses credibility. I don't understand how this happens after every event. I see JDS's comments as a simple self-assessment, which I believe in no way was meant as an insult to Velasquez's abilities or achievements.

If you don't feel mentally strong in a title fight, then you shouldn't be fighting at all. All he had to say was Cain came in better prepared and was the better man that night. Everything else just discredits Velasquez's performance
MALICE
1/13/13 4:16:41PM
Link

A link to a translated copy of the interview in which JDS makes his "excuses." Credit and all proper respects are given to Velasquez. I don't feel JDS was being disrespectful by evaluating his own performance, however, I do think all fighters should respond with the accepted robotic response "He was the better man that night." to avoid similar accusations.
airkerma
1/13/13 5:40:47PM
Malice, have you ever worked with someone who was always making excuses for why they couldn't do their job? This is how it sounds, and if you''ve heard it enough from coworkers, you've heard it enough from fighters. Just sack up, take the loss, and say shit like "I will come in more focused/ I'll take his head off next time/ Nob ody will stand int he way of my revenge" and not say " I had tons of stuffs on my mind grapes and couldn't focus". He isn't discrediting Cain, he's just sounding like a child, finding ways to avoid direct blame.
Shin-2-Chin
1/13/13 5:41:46PM
The more I hear about JDS the more I don't want to watch him fight. He won't give it up. You lost, get in the back of the line. Like Cain said about fury, work your way to the top and quit talking.
Bubbles
1/13/13 8:09:38PM

Posted by airkerma

Malice, have you ever worked with someone who was always making excuses for why they couldn't do their job? This is how it sounds, and if you''ve heard it enough from coworkers, you've heard it enough from fighters. Just sack up, take the loss, and say shit like "I will come in more focused/ I'll take his head off next time/ Nob ody will stand int he way of my revenge" and not say " I had tons of stuffs on my mind grapes and couldn't focus". He isn't discrediting Cain, he's just sounding like a child, finding ways to avoid direct blame.

exactly
Theoutlaw08
1/14/13 9:46:08AM
Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.
Shit I sound like my dad right now. HA