Dos Santos greets *newcomer* Gilbet Yvel!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dos Santos greets *newcomer* Gilbet Yvel!
BustedKnuckle
12/22/09 9:50:57PM
To me as a fan of Knockouts.....this fight has the potential to be one of the best KO's ever. Dos Santos has proven himself a very dedicated and worthy striker. Hardcore fans know that Yvel(with disregards to his past!?) is a great dutch striker and this fight is goin to be a barn burner. I don't think it goes past the first rnd. Who you got PG?
sbulldavid
12/22/09 10:06:49PM
I think Yvel puts a stop to the Dos Santos train, I don't think he hits as hard ,but I think he is the better striker overall. If Dos Santos gets it to the ground early I think he will gain an edge, but I think Dos Santos will stand with Yvel.
TheBestEVER
12/22/09 10:11:48PM
Wow this fight is almost a toss up IMO. I realize that Dos Santos has had a bit of a step up in competition compared to Yvel as of late, but at the same time both of these guys have the ability to end the fight wtih one punch. Right now im picking Dos Santos due to his incredible training partners but I will not be surprise what-so-ever if Yvel were to win.
IriShame
12/22/09 10:30:25PM
I don't think this is close at all. Dos Santos has shown he is in the upper echelon of strikers right now.. Yvel has looked like absolute garbage his last couple of fights.

Power is the last thing to go and I realize he's still got some but his technique has gotten sloppy, he looks doughy and uninterested and I truly believe his best days are FAR behind him.

This is like when JDS fought Cro Cop and everybody was calling it a toss up. Look what happened. Yvel is at a similar stage in his career and his days of knocking out top flight competition are over.

This is going to be another one in the win column for Dos Santos and to be honest I'm a little dissapointed the UFC didn't give him somebody a little more challenging.
karn501
12/22/09 11:36:53PM

Posted by IriShame

I don't think this is close at all. Dos Santos has shown he is in the upper echelon of strikers right now.. Yvel has looked like absolute garbage his last couple of fights.

Power is the last thing to go and I realize he's still got some but his technique has gotten sloppy, he looks doughy and uninterested and I truly believe his best days are FAR behind him.

This is like when JDS fought Cro Cop and everybody was calling it a toss up. Look what happened. Yvel is at a similar stage in his career and his days of knocking out top flight competition are over.

This is going to be another one in the win column for Dos Santos and to be honest I'm a little dissapointed the UFC didn't give him somebody a little more challenging.

never ever count out yvel that being said i think dos santos is going to knock him out
Drudinh
12/23/09 6:37:29AM
Flying knee
cowcatcher
12/23/09 8:26:05AM

Posted by IriShame

yvel destroyed pedro rizzo with what might be the most brutal KO of the year and survived being mounted for 3 rounds against a great sub guy in barnett so i dont know how he looked like garbage. his weakness has obviously always been the ground and to survive barneys mount for what seemed like all 15 minutes of the fight was nothing short of amazing IMO. the KO of the rock was what it was, gil landing and ending a fight, but for a minute there i wasnt sure pedro would get up. to me gilbert is on one of the bigger upswings of his career right now.

EDIT: that said im still leaning towards JDS slightly right now, its tough to call a fight when you can smell the 1st round KO as soon as the fight is announced.
BustedKnuckle
12/25/09 9:00:07PM
Still cant wait for this fight. I thoght it would generate a bit more buzz here on the PG though. Somone is going nighty night for certain! I see JDS taking Yvel out!
mrsmiley
12/26/09 7:16:38AM
I going slightly with Yvel on this one.

I think if Dos Santos goes to the ground he can win this,but I think standing Gilbert will knock him out.
prozacnation1978
12/27/09 7:59:22PM
i can't go against a guy who beat werdum and cro cop not to mention struve
any other guy including cain and shane i would pick yvel
higdon10
12/27/09 8:06:42PM
Yvel by 1st round KO.