So what about "Dooms" Day now?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » So what about "Dooms" Day now?
needles420
5/27/08 7:41:45PM
So is everybody still as confident going into this fight with Bisping? Can Day do it against an opponent the caliber of Bisping? We saw what Bisping did his last outing. It was brutal. And I think he'll continue to bring that everytime around. I'm going for Bisping all the way.
holt8081
5/27/08 7:56:02PM
Im gunna go with "Dooms" day after all he asked for this fight.
jae_1833
5/27/08 8:59:13PM
I'm still going with Bisping although I suspect it will be a great fight...I don't think that Day realizes that Bisping does have KO power....We'll see what either of them brings to the table ground wise.
rabbit915
5/27/08 9:24:01PM
This is kind of a tough one for me to call. I think Bisping is terribly overrated but im not sure if Day is the guy to prove it. Right now im going with Day but i wouldnt bet on it.
Raykill
5/27/08 10:09:58PM
Right now I have Bisping down as my pick, but you know, the closer it gets I am wondering if I might just switch the pick. Like Holt8081 said Dooms did ask for the fight and it would help his career more if he gets the win. I think he might just let it all hang out against Bisping and surprise us.
needles420
5/27/08 10:14:34PM
I'm not so sure Bisping is over-rated. Look at how his fights have gone against each of his opponents. I think he is a new threat in his division. It was a little harder for him at 205. But now that he's cut that fat and dropped to 185 I don't think he'll be leaving anything to chance. I'm looking for him to be a dominate presence in the Middleweight division.
Twenty20Dollars
5/28/08 12:38:23AM
I want Dooms day to win but im picking bisping even though i dont like him at all, but who knows i could change my mind at the last minute even though that always turns out bad for me.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/28/08 6:30:04AM
I still haven't got over the fact that Loiseau got screwed losing a split decision to him.

DEATH TO "DOOMS" DAY
uGotKTFO
5/28/08 7:55:54PM
Bisping wasn't that "brutal" vs McCarthy, and McCarthy is a flake anyways. Most of the knees he was throwing were being blocked, and he quit fighting becuase of an elbow injury, not becuase he was KO'd (he stayed down after the bell, and then was up five seconds after the ref waved the fight off - he clearly just wanted out of the fight).

That said, I picked Day to beat Belcher as soon as I heard the fight was annoucned, but I'm not so sure how he will do vs Bisping.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/29/08 3:20:26AM
Jason Day=EZ Points
The_Italian_Stallion
5/29/08 1:16:59PM
I have Bisping in the first round, I mean no offense to Dooms or anything but I think he's in a little over his head here. Bisping is one serious striker, he can stun you with a multitude of things and I don't know how Dooms is going to cope with them.
throwmeahotone
5/30/08 2:00:17AM
Bisping 2nd rd tko easily
Qorvus
6/6/08 11:37:20AM
I picked Day to win, and threw down some (MMAPlayground) money on him too.

I think Bisping has (or maybe he's always been) getting a little too confident lately, I'm not sure if he's taking Day seriously.
Cdellorso
6/21/08 11:08:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I want Dooms day to win but im picking bisping even though i dont like him at all, but who knows i could change my mind at the last minute even though that always turns out bad for me.

I know after the Hamil fight people were not liking him for his comments-
For me its not that i dont like him- its the fact that they pushed him on us so hard. just because he was a tuf fighter and they hyped him soooo much.

IMO he was overated and still may be untill he beats someone (he lost to Hamil) that is a proven fighter.... (Rashad is not proven and it was close but he lost)

Is this a no win situation for the count? If he beats Day decidedly or KO's him is he a legit top 10 fighter at 185??
If he loses are we going to yell drop to the wec??
Rush
6/21/08 11:42:13AM
Dude, he beat Day already. Why is this thread getting bumped?
MMAcca
6/21/08 12:06:23PM

Posted by Cdellorso

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I know after the Hamil fight people were not liking him for his comments-
For me its not that i dont like him- its the fact that they pushed him on us so hard. just because he was a tuf fighter and they hyped him soooo much.

IMO he was overated and still may be untill he beats someone (he lost to Hamil) that is a proven fighter.... (Rashad is not proven and it was close but he lost)

Is this a no win situation for the count? If he beats Day decidedly or KO's him is he a legit top 10 fighter at 185??
If he loses are we going to yell drop to the wec??

pwned