I dont understand? Forrest/Rampage- Good decision or bad?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I dont understand? Forrest/Rampage- Good decision or bad?
« Previous Page
Boo_Radley21
7/8/08 12:41:07AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I dont think the belt should have anything to do with it. I've heard people say it was very close, but Rampage shouldn't lose his belt because Forrest didn't win in convincing fashion.

So does that mean if it was not a title fight, the decision declaring Forrest the winner would be acceptable?

I think that is the exact opposite of how it should be. If you want to be called the champ, you better leave absolutely no doubt that you won that fight, otherwise you are just lucky, and are just posing as champ, and are not the true champ.

Well....I for one would feel like a disgrace if I were the champ, and someone came up to me after the fight, and said "That was a close fight. Good thing you are the champ, otherwise the decision may have gone the other way."

I agree 100%. It makes no sense to me that people would say if it's a close decision the champ gets the benefit of the doubt. That's just ridiculous and you aren't a real champ if you get the title no matter what anytime it's a close fight.
cmill21
7/8/08 1:32:16AM
To set it straight, I don't think Forrest won, I thought it was either 3-2 rampage with a 10-8 or 3-2 rampage without a 10-8. My biggest problem with the decision was the scoring, two of the judges didn't give Rampage a round until the fight was already out of reach, which IMO is weird(I don't blame the UFC for this since they have no part in the judging), and also one judge gave Rampage round 5 and not round one, which is rediculous since they were both realtively close rounds other then the knockdown and minuet of control, I think that would separate Rampage in round one, no? I won't be happy until they fight again, and why shoulden't they? It was a very close hard fought exciting fight, and I think it was close enough to warrent a near immediate rematch, if your confident in Forrest why does it matter? I think Forrest even said they'd have to do it again . Also who else deserves a shot 100% right now? Perfect situation for everyone. (except Machida)
Lord_Lenny
7/8/08 1:40:19AM

Posted by cmill21
It was a very close hard fought exciting fight, and I think it was close enough to warrent a near immediate rematch, if your confident in Forrest why does it matter? I think Forrest even said they'd have to do it again . Also who else deserves a shot 100% right now? Perfect situation for everyone. (except Machida)

Have Machida fight another contender for number one contender, and the same night have Griffin Rampage 2. Right now there are some very talented fighters but no one that deserves a title shot. Machida vs. winner of Liddell vs. Rashad would probably be most likely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]