I dont understand? Forrest/Rampage- Good decision or bad?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I dont understand? Forrest/Rampage- Good decision or bad?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
puppetmaster837
7/6/08 5:24:54AM
I thought the decision was horrible and it has nothing to do with race. I feel like Forrest really offered nothing other than round 2, which i dont think was a 10-8 round because of the lack of damage on the ground. He had him mounted for quite sometime but it didnt seem like Rampage was in that much trouble.

I had it 4-1 for Rampage, but thought the judges might have it 3-2. Then one judge had it 4-1 for Forrest, how could you possibly justify that?
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 5:37:29AM
I had it 2 rounds for both guys, with the 5th up in the air.. I figured whoever won that round was the winner. 4-1 isn't accurate of the fight.. I still think Forrest won, but not in a 4-1 fashion.
loller90278
7/6/08 5:50:32AM
it was a close fight. if it hadn't been a title shot, i would have said yah, give the decision to forrest. but for me in a title shot, the challenger really has to take the belt away from the champ. if its as close of a fight this was, i wouldnt have given forrest the belt because he didn't really capitlize.
Aaronno9
7/6/08 7:23:46AM
I scored it 47-47. It really could of swung either way. If it had of done, it would be exactly the same on the forums ect, but it would be Forrest fans claiming a b.s decision and rampage fans defending it. I have no problem with the fight going to Forrest becouse it was so close and i can see why he would of won. If jackson picked up the decision, id feel the same. The only difinitive round in the fight, imo, was round 2, which i had as 10-8. Forrest was clearly winning that first round till get got clocked to, that could of been a draw round.

I really think Jackson underestimated Griffin, you could see it in his face every time he got hit he was just like, shit, that wasn't supposed to happen. Either way, it was a good fight. I see jackson vs wandy 3 coming sooner than we had all anticipated. I kind of have a feeling Dana might try and rush a title shot through for chuck aswell now feeling he can beat Forrest, so if results go accordingly, we might see chuck vs wandy 2 on the stage it should of been set the first time, for the LHW title.
keith-hackney1
7/6/08 7:30:19AM
I had forrest winning rounds four and five, jackson arguably had one and three. One could of been forrests because he landed all those leg kicks over jackson who landed a couple punches, although rampage dropped him, forrest landed leg kicks and was the aggressor. Forrest definately dominated jackson in round two, if you think, he got the only takedown of the round and smothered jackson whilst on the mat, jackson could not do anything. 10-8 round seperated it for me. 48-46 in favour of forrest. Forrest is a legend, he deserves it, who ever takes his belt is in for a war before they get it.

Guy's did anyone see rampage's trainer "juanito" on the build up to the fight publicly state on camera that there was no way forrest could deal with rampage, and that if forrest beat rampage, he'd retire .... ???
... Is he gonna put the money where his mouth is ... ???
keith-hackney1
7/6/08 7:33:38AM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Agression and octagon control are supposed to be factors in the scoring.

Very true, but it seems to me that takedowns beat all ufc scoring criteria, which is wrong ... This is not wrestling, its mma ... !!!!
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 7:52:31AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I had forrest winning rounds four and five, jackson arguably had one and three. One could of been forrests because he landed all those leg kicks over jackson who landed a couple punches, although rampage dropped him, forrest landed leg kicks and was the aggressor. Forrest definately dominated jackson in round two, if you think, he got the only takedown of the round and smothered jackson whilst on the mat, jackson could not do anything. 10-8 round seperated it for me. 48-46 in favour of forrest. Forrest is a legend, he deserves it, who ever takes his belt is in for a war before they get it.

Guy's did anyone see rampage's trainer "juanito" on the build up to the fight publicly state on camera that there was no way forrest could deal with rampage, and that if forrest beat rampage, he'd retire .... ???

Dante Rivera didn't, so I doubt Juanito will. Unless the person has nothing left to fight for, or is getting really old.. Don't trust that when they say they are going to retire, they will actually retire.
DevonFoxy
7/6/08 8:26:13AM

Posted by Pookie

I dont agree with the decision(or the Cote one) but i do understnad the judges dont get to see the fight from the angle we do.

Rampage clearly landed the harder shots, and landed more of them. but... as someone pointed out when you leave it in the judges hands... shit happens.
Rampage was a great sport about it though... The only bright side here is now Wandy v. Rampage 3 is perfectly justifyable.

This sums it up for me. I mean I understand why Forrest won but on the current system I think Rampage should have won. Same with the Cote fight as Ricardo jabbed the crap out of Cote in the last round and took him down def. think Big Dog won that last round.

This takes me to my real point in which the judging was bias say what you want but the judges were completely bias and I think it had to do with the crowd. My solution to this would be i know its gonna sound crazy but Separate the judges from the crowd. Keep them in their own little box with monitors so they can see what we see and have all the angles. This would take down the fans reaction which can be very deceptive like they were in this fight.

I also think personally that the UFC should have 4 refs working a show a night. Have one ref reffing the match and the other three should be judging. This gets rid of the judges that seem to not no about what the ten point must system requires. The ref system of judging I think would be much more effective, something needs to be done and I think this is just one (rather bad) idea to fix it,
nickcuc547
7/6/08 8:26:39AM
i thought it was a draw, the 49-46 was ridiculous, honestly i thought it was a pretty clear cut draw, the judges might have been feeding off the crowd, and im suprised joe rogan didn't get up and give forrest a bj right there and then.
nickcuc547
7/6/08 8:32:42AM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams
Hell, Rampage couldn't even walk properly at that time, let alone land anything.

he still rocked forrest multiple times in the third fourth and fifth. while i agree with you that forrest won the fifth, i think rampage absolutely won the third and fourth and first. 10-8 in the second for forrest and the fifth for forrest, the fight should have been a draw.
Jlloyd
7/6/08 8:36:33AM
I had it 2 - 2 going into the 5th

then it could of gone either way

certainly should be a rematch
Aaronno9
7/6/08 8:37:33AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Rampage also said hed bet his purse that the fight wouldnt go to a decision.... couldnt be a sucky birthday loosing his coach and his money
juanez13
7/6/08 9:25:29AM
it was a close fight, but i fail to see how Rampage won that fight.
Boo_Radley21
7/6/08 9:45:58AM
Forrest won clearly. How come after every fight someone has to start complaining about the outcome and then say its all a big conspiracy or something. Forrest won fair and square. Nothing to do with getting Liddell his title back, he beat Rampage and that's all. People need to chill out and give guys their credit where it's due. Not every decision is bad guys. Live with it.
MALICE
7/6/08 9:49:33AM

my point exactly, afterall UFC is a business and Griffin being the so called "Fan Favorite" and beign champ is almost too good to be true. I thought the fans showed tremendous intelligence by booing the decision.

all the hard work and training and his new found discipline do not make it too good to be true.
MALICE
7/6/08 9:52:03AM

Rampage clearly landed the harder shots, and landed more of them.

I agree, but he definitely was the not the aggressor in the fight. Forrest pushed the pace the majority of the fight. But it all comes down to what the judges are looking for.

Only two people should decide the outcome of the fight, and they are the fighters. Unfortunately, after 25 minutes, you have to let 3 (blind clowns the majority of the time) decide for you.
MALICE
7/6/08 9:56:56AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

Anyone who thinks Rampage won was watching another fight. I think it was much closer then the judges scored it but Rampage definitely lost.

I think round 1 was very close, Rampage rocked Forrest but at the sametime Forrest landed all those leg kicks which clearly did the most significant damage of the match. Round 2 wen't to Forrest without a doubt, possibly a 10- 8 round. Rounds 3 and 4 were very close, but i feel for the most part it was Forrest controlling the match. And round 5 completely wen't to forrest. Hell, Rampage couldn't even walk properly at that time, let alone land anything.

Typical Forrest lover. One leg kick hurt him. Forrest being champ makes the UFC much more money and that's what business is all about, which is sad to say but the truth hurts.

Way to put a must be rigged conspiracy twist on it anytime the underdog or your fighter doesn't win. give the sport some respect. It is starting to feel like the fans are making it feel more like the wwe than the ufc.
MMA
7/6/08 9:58:34AM
Keep the debate civilized or i gotta lock this thread.
MALICE
7/6/08 10:02:53AM

Posted by beerman77

Posted by JoyDivision

Good decision:
1st round- Obviously Rampage's round. He almost knocked Forrest out.
2nd round- All Forrest. He landed a few knees and got Rampage down. Mounted him and did some GnP.
3rd round- Razor thin, but Forrest was slightly more aggressive.
4th round- Rampage won this one. He landed some good shots and took Forrest down.
5th round- Also a fairly close round but again, Forrest was a little more aggressive except for maybe the last 30 seconds.

Not enough to give the challenger the belt, no matter how much the UFC loves him...

Not enough for the champ to keep the belt, no matter how much much anyone likes or dislikes him. See, it goes both ways. Grow Up. It was a close decision.
MALICE
7/6/08 10:09:26AM

Pretty much anything said in all caps is idiotic... regardless of content.

not disagreeing, but please explain. When I see caps lock all I think of is, oh they feel very strong about this point. that is all. no big deal. but it really bothers others. JUST WONDERING WHY! That was just a little joke at the end, so I hope you finished reading.
Matimus
7/6/08 10:20:09AM
I thought it was a bad decision, even thought I was pulling for forest.

but hey, nothings worse the the Bisping vs Hamil decision. *COUGHBULLPOOPCOUGH*
MALICE
7/6/08 10:23:39AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by GrizzlyChadams
Hell, Rampage couldn't even walk properly at that time, let alone land anything.

he still rocked forrest multiple times in the third fourth and fifth. while i agree with you that forrest won the fifth, i think rampage absolutely won the third and fourth and first. 10-8 in the second for forrest and the fifth for forrest, the fight should have been a draw.

I didnt see Forrest getting rocked in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Unless your definition and mine are different. He was definitely hurt by some punches though. But he never really stumbled or anything. He just got the hell out of there before he did get rocked.
ill_cut_ya
7/6/08 10:47:40AM
there is no way Rampage coude of won that fight Forrest was all over him just as i said he woude i am well proud of him he done well and i know he will keep thet belt for some time the only man who might take it off him is the ice man he will be back you mark my words
bigbubbano23
7/6/08 10:50:45AM
wow i can't bleive thier is a post about this one. to me it would be pretty hard to argue that quinton won. he did mad good and it was close but thier was no way he had a chance to win the decision.
Taylor8766
7/6/08 11:18:01AM
I can't believe some of you guys are saying that the only reson they gave this fight to Forrest is because he's a fan favourite, WTF, did any of you guys watch the fight Forrest didn't win because he was the fan favourite he won because he was the better fighter. And it's not aws if Rampage isn't a fan favourite, lots of people like him too, so I dont see how you guys can say that, just cus Rampage lost, and like he said Forrest was the better fighter tonight.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/6/08 11:26:05AM
Watch the fight. It's pretty much that simple. If you watch the fight without a bias towards a fighter you can genuinely see who wins. I just wonder if Rampage is going to give Forest his purse. As he said he would if it wasn't ended before the 5th round.
JBatch
7/6/08 11:27:20AM
I had it a draw. 2 rounds forrest 2 page and then 5 being a 9-9. I agree with hippysmacker that if your going to take a mans belt yougot to beat him decisivey and that did not happen. Very disappointed in the decision of that fight.
thelastking
7/6/08 11:37:16AM
That fight was really close. I personally had it 48-47 for rampage being rounds 1,3,4 for rampage and 2,5 for griffin. i dont understand how one judge had it 49-46 what the hell was that. Also people giving Griffin a 10-8 for round 2, i do not agree with that yeah forrest did hurt his leg and then take him down and control and mount but did nothing with it(lytle vs koscheck had a 10-8 round and it looked nothing like the forrest vs rampage round 2 IMO). IDK it was a close fight but really how did those judges get those scores really sad.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/6/08 11:43:18AM

Posted by thelastking

That fight was really close. I personally had it 48-47 for rampage being rounds 1,3,4 for rampage and 2,5 for griffin. i dont understand how one judge had it 49-46 what the hell was that. Also people giving Griffin a 10-8 for round 2, i do not agree with that yeah forrest did hurt his leg and then take him down and control and mount but did nothing with it(lytle vs koscheck had a 10-8 round and it looked nothing like the forrest vs rampage round 2 IMO). IDK it was a close fight but really how did those judges get those scores really sad.

I had round two a 10-8 round. Rampage did absolutely nothing in the round. Forest hurt him with the leg kicks, takes him down , and completely owns the round. This is just my opinion but I definitely saw it as a 10-8. lol This is why you should never let a fight go to the judges, at least it makes for good message board banter.
JoeySteel
7/6/08 11:47:23AM
I had it pretty close, A LOT closer than the juges.

2 IFFY rounds to Jackson.
2 STRONG rounds to griffin ( round 2 being a 10-8)
and round 3 coulda gone either way, I thought Jackson took it.

But I was counting punishment, which is not a Judges POV. In terms of Aggression- FG won the fight. That's what gave him the upper hand every round, and that is why he is the champ.

I am MAD, but I am mad BC I don't like FG as much as rampage. I think FG is gonna be a bad champ. The decision was fair. It was a good call, even if it was a bit high.

I saw either a draw or a win for FG, but I could NOT see Jackson winning that fight by the numbers. (period)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5