dont blink- fast ko

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » dont blink- fast ko
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/11/08 9:24:56PM
found it on sherdog

this is the reason people should touch gloves before the bell & after the fight ONLY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_DSzSBnMOcM
kevietre
3/11/08 9:30:44PM
That's messed up the guy just wanted to touch gloves.
Bowen50
3/11/08 9:35:24PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD GOOD
SmileR
3/11/08 9:40:40PM
What a piece of shit! You could see he was going for the glove touch!
Fast KO though!
Kpro
3/11/08 9:40:51PM
Another reason to protect yourself at all times.

You see the guys in MMA look across the ring at each other before the bell and put a hand out, the other guy shakes his head yes, therefore agreeing to a glove tap when they meet in the middle of the ring. If someone did that and followed it up with that type of KO I'd be disappointed.

I'd guess the guy that got KO'd will no longer be as friendly between the bells.
Mayhem13
3/11/08 10:08:25PM
although I dont think you should HAVE to touch gloves at the beginning, and that you should always be ready..I still think that was really cheap, and a total lack of respect and discipline.
Pookie
3/11/08 10:10:44PM
Good night.

Dude should have known.
telnights
3/11/08 10:16:36PM
Well I agree the guy should have been ready but same time it was very poor sportsmanship. I'm glad this was boxing and not MMA because I cant stand cheap fighters.
postman
3/12/08 12:50:12AM
A win is a win. He had to get on sportscenter some how!
SpiderSilva
3/12/08 1:53:53AM
man I have to think that the Koed guy is a tard for his actions
loller90278
3/12/08 2:08:03AM
if i remember correctly (and of course i will, because i'm never wrong), that punch ended that boxers career. after he got KO'd, he never fought again. As for the guy with no morals or sportsmanship, he received his fair share of karma when he got beat down bad in his next fight.
Kracker_Jap
3/12/08 2:20:08AM
WOW I'm always down for some bad sportsmenship

But for me that crosses the line....

what total BS
hippysmacker
3/12/08 2:21:50AM
I was really disappointed when Okami tried this against Franklin , who I think is such a nice guy , in the 3rd. It seems even worse to me when you pull this junk against a honorable competitor like Rich . I can see it happening if you had 2 big time crap talkers like Baroni/Riggs fighting each other, Bad blood build up and all make for bad possibilities. There is not even a chance to fake a " accidental " groin shot, headbutt , eye gouge , or any other things that have happened in MMA where some thought them actually intentional. I didn't see it coming in the Frankinn/Okami fight. . I bet you when Okmai fights Anderson again, also a super nice guy IMO , that he won't even get the chance for these uncool shenanigans.
BlazinSaddle
3/12/08 2:30:12AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was really disappointed when Okami tried this against Franklin , who I think is such a nice guy , in the 3rd. It seems even worse to me when you pull this junk against a honorable competitor like Rich . I can see it happening if you had 2 big time crap talkers like Baroni/Riggs fighting each other, Bad blood build up and all make for bad possibilities. There is not even a chance to fake a " accidental " groin shot, headbutt , eye gouge , or any other things that have happened in MMA where some thought them actually intentional. I didn't see it coming in the Frankinn/Okami fight. . I bet you when Okmai fights Anderson again, also a super nice guy IMO , that he won't even get the chance for these uncool shenanigans.

really? i dont remeber okami doing anything of the sort in that fight....i need to rewatch that fight, what did he do anyway? i think i missed UFC 72 but saw a couple of fights on that card
mrliquid
3/12/08 9:38:55AM
OOHH man thats messed up dude hops out all ready to compete goes for a friendly tap wakes up on the freakin stretcher sad cheap shot.
CornishMMA
3/12/08 10:57:07AM
LOL thanks for posting that ive always wanted to see a boxing match end quick

Evan Tanner did this somewhat against David Loiseau when they fought, he held his hand out and they did tough bit AS SOON as they had Tanner went to punch him

emfleek
3/12/08 11:13:02AM
I'm guessing he learned his lesson, though.
bantherj
3/12/08 8:33:26PM
it was a win... i would expect the guy that got koed to know better... but who really expects that in a pro fight.. if i had paid to see it i would be upset. that was no fight ,it was a sucker punch.
bls1919
3/12/08 9:03:20PM
If you cant beat 'em cheap shot 'em
casey64
3/12/08 9:28:27PM
WOW
hippysmacker
3/13/08 8:27:15AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by hippysmacker

really? i dont remeber okami doing anything of the sort in that fight....i need to rewatch that fight, what did he do anyway? i think i missed UFC 72 but saw a couple of fights on that card

At the beginn9ing of the third Franklin came out to touch gloves, but Okami jumped forward and swung. Franklin moved, backed up, and then shook his finger in a " shame on you way" . He was at least alert enough to avoid the punch, but it really disappointed me that Okami tried it at all.