Dong Sik Yoon vs melvin manhoef

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dong Sik Yoon vs melvin manhoef
keith-hackney1
6/5/07 5:02:42PM
Wow, what a performance from dong sik yoon. To come out in the first round, take a beating that he did and still be able to lock in that arm bar in the second round, awesome first victory, fight of the night for me.
He really deserves this victory, looking at how quick this guy fought compared to his first 3 fights was like seeing a veteran in his peak out grapple the heavy handed manhoef.
You got to admit that sik yoon looked good on saturday night !!!!
You agree ?????
Stickan
6/5/07 5:40:56PM
I totally agree. His record doesn't do him justice He's fought nothing but badasses and done well against most of them.

The transition to the armbar was pretty slick too. Manhoef looked like "aaah damn, not again...well what'r you gonna do....I'ma just tap and get out of here."
warglory
6/6/07 12:17:37PM
This was by far the match of the night on an otherwise lackluster card.
keith-hackney1
6/6/07 12:19:27PM

Posted by Stickan

I totally agree. His record doesn't do him justice He's fought nothing but badasses and done well against most of them.

The transition to the armbar was pretty slick too. Manhoef looked like "aaah damn, not again...well what'r you gonna do....I'ma just tap and get out of here."

EXACTLY, HE WAS THROWN IN THE LIONS PIT WITH 4 TOP GUYS AT THE PEAK OF THEIR CARREERS AND STILL WON THE HEARTS OF MANY ONLOOKERS, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE WENT THE DISTANCE WITH JACKSON. JUST LIKE NASTULA, HE'S ANOTHER TOP FIGHTER THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT UP RATHER THAN BEING TOSSED IN THE CAGE TO LOOSE. I LIKE BOTH THESE GUYS.
kmansoori6
6/6/07 4:14:24PM
It was a good fight...too bad im a huge manhoef fan. He really needs to clean up his ground a lot. I think if his ground got better and he controlled his wild punches more he could be a F*^%* beast in the cage/ring.
cowcatcher
6/6/07 4:32:27PM

Posted by kmansoori6

It was a good fight...too bad im a huge manhoef fan. He really needs to clean up his ground a lot. I think if his ground got better and he controlled his wild punches more he could be a F*^%* beast in the cage/ring.

almost every fighter from holland is like that too, huge kickboxing following but few wrestlers........on the thread subject, anyone that you can call the donger is alright by me
KYGUY07
6/8/07 4:00:09PM
wasnt dong sik yoon the guy who got beat really quick in the 2005 mwgp, just curious i wasnt sure.
keith-hackney1
6/9/07 12:10:18PM

Posted by KYGUY07

wasnt dong sik yoon the guy who got beat really quick in the 2005 mwgp, just curious i wasnt sure.

Yes, sakuraba tko in 38 seconds round 1. Then yoon trained with sakuraba for 12 weeks soon after, thats why i think i was so impressed with him against melvin, he looked like another sakuraba.
Believe-in-judo81
6/11/07 4:00:32AM
Finally, one of judo's greatest dark horses and uncrowned fighters tasted victory in MMA competition. I felt almost as good watching as he must have pulling off that sub.